• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dash - what should we expect in tomorrow's game? I haven't watch a single period of the Flames this season.

Well, the Flames play much better at home than on the road, so I hope it will be a good game. Joni Ortio played great against the Kings between the pipes last night, so I hope he gets the start against the Isles. If Hartley decided to go with Hiller, it should be an easy night for Tavares and company.

Flames really only one dangerous line (Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler), but Giordano, Brodie, and Hamilton generate a lot of offense from the backend.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Flames play much better at home than on the road, so I hope it will be a good game. Joni Ortio played great against the Kings between the pipes last night, so I hope he gets the start against the Isles. If Hartley decided to go with Hiller, it should be an easy night for Tavares and company.

Flames really only one dangerous line (Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler), but Giordano, Brodie, and Hamilton generate a lot of offense from the backend.

I'm fully prepared for a NYI stinker. They played so well last night against MN that there's no way they can repeat that.

Curious to see what sort of game Russell has since his name keeps coming up in trade talks.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully prepared for a NYI stinker. They played so well last night against MN that there's no way they can repeat that.

Curious to see what sort of game Russell has since his name keeps coming up in trade talks.

Russell practiced with the Flames in LA yesterday, but he didn't play which makes me wonder if a trade is imminent and they're keeping him out of the lineup to avoid injury.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames are one of five teams interested in signing undrafted 20 year old WHLer Dryden Hunt (currently leading the Dub in scoring). Might be worth a gamble. Here are some of the particulars:

Dryden Hunt is a 20 year old versatile forward playing his WHL overage season with the Moose Jaw Warriors. The 6 ft, 201 pound left wing is currently leading the WHL in scoring with 49 goals and 50 assists through 51 games played (99 points). Even more impressive is the recent performance, as Hunt is now coming off four hat tricks in his last five games. The past ten games show Hunt putting up 18 goals and seven assists for 25 points. Complementing the explosive point totals are Hunt’s two-way play and featured role on the team’s penalty kill.

While many are concerned regarding the reasons that the forward has been passed over in two drafts and was unsigned during a rookie camp by the prospect-deficient Canadiens team, simply watch the forwards game to ease any concern. Hunt has put in the time this offseason to address the biggest flaw in his game; foot work. The thick bodied, blue collar forward plays a strong two way game, owning a powerful shot and has developed his foot speed entering this season. Hunt’s game has an upside reminiscent of St. Louis LW Alexander Steen, which makes signing the forward a low-risk, high reward option.

Character (check), work ethic (check), proven offensive ability (check) and responsible two-way play (check). Where does this talent fall short? While Hunt has a thick frame and powerful stride, start up speed is an area that continues to be worked upon.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leslie @ryanleslie73
Ortio in. Russell game time decision. #islanders #flames

Good to see Ortio being rewarded with the start tonight. As for Kris Russell, if a trade is indeed brewing, why risk injury by playing him? I'm pretty sure the 29 other GMs know what he brings to the table by this point.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leslie @ryanleslie73
Ortio in. Russell game time decision. #islanders #flames

Good to see Ortio being rewarded with the start tonight. As for Kris Russell, if a trade is indeed brewing, why risk injury by playing him? I'm pretty sure the 29 other GMs know what he brings to the table by this point.

I had a beer league game so I missed the 2nd and 3rd. This game had bore-a-thon written all over it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a beer league game so I missed the 2nd and 3rd. This game had bore-a-thon written all over it.

I missed the game as well (I was on a slow boat to Vancouver Island), but based on game reports, it was a exciting game where both goalies played very well.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game as well (I was on a slow boat to Vancouver Island), but based on game reports, it was a exciting game where both goalies played very well.

You were right about that Gaudreau line, they were solid.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were right about that Gaudreau line, they were solid.

Jiri Hudler scored again, I wonder if he will still be a member of the Calgary Flames on Tuesday. If he is indeed traded, that was a fine pickup by Jay Feaster a few years ago, Happy Hudler has been a valuable player for the Flames.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the words of Nikolai Volkoff (and comeds)

Russia #1 ... Auston Matthews #1 ... Plegms! ... ack *spit*

/WIN SOME FUCKIN GAMES FLAMES!!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niklas Backstrom has a new goalie mask...

CcuYtHgUkAE8aIR.jpg

CcuYtHoVAAAuAp8.jpg

Attachments

• CcuYtHoVAAAuAp8.jpg
    CcuYtHoVAAAuAp8.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 29

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames have recalled Freddie Hamilton as Moneyhands is questionable for tonight's game. This could be the first NHL game that Dougie and Freddie have played together.

/Dougie, Freddie, Johnny - Should we start calling Giordano Marky?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames have recalled Freddie Hamilton as Moneyhands is questionable for tonight's game. This could be the first NHL game that Dougie and Freddie have played together.

/Dougie, Freddie, Johnny - Should we start calling Giordano Marky?
Burkie would approve.

/Someone dislike this comment for me.