• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I would copy the entire tweet and save people a click :D

"I was surprised. We spend a lot of time watching pretty much every cross-check that's happened in the last number of years, and the ones that I thought were similar in nature to Morgan’s were nothing close to requiring that. But at the same time, there’s a history of events that happened in Toronto and with the Leafs they get more attention, more hype. That tends to lead to something such as this. So, to that end, not surprised. It’s out of our hands and we’ll get ready to play tomorrow."

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have been more understanding of Rielly if he released the following statement:

"I deeply regret my actions at the end of the Ottawa game. I let my emotions get hold and acted inappropriately. It was a dick move by Grieg, but as my mother taught me, two dick moves dont make a right dick move. I accept whatever decision the League may make, and will respond in a more appropriate manner at a future opportunity."

I would also go along with

"Grieg is a no-talent punk who made a dick move. After the Marchand incident earlier in the year, I could not rely on my so-called teammates to defend the team's hono(u)r. I regret hitting him from behind, I should have got all up in his grill and I will do that next time. And after I knock his ass out, will rub my ASG jersey in his face and scream 'Who's the All-Star, bitch?' ".

Either work for me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think crosschecks to the head are ugly but what's so bad about this one that wasn't bad about the 400 others that either got 1 game or a $5000 fine?

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think crosschecks to the head are ugly but what's so bad about this one that wasn't bad about the 400 others that either got 1 game or a $5000 fine?

Yeah, in principle, I don't have a problem with MO getting 6 games.....until I run across this....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rasmus Andersson had a hearing earlier this season and was suspended for 4 games for this hit on Patrik Laine - Similar situation, end of game with contact to the head. Also, while a hearing means a suspension can be more than 5 games, it doesn't mean it will be. Really out of character for both Andersson and Rielly to administer these types of hits.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rasmus Andersson had a hearing earlier this season and was suspended for 4 games for this hit on Patrik Laine - Similar situation, end of game with contact to the head. Also, while a hearing means a suspension can be more than 5 games, it doesn't mean it will be. Really out of character for both Andersson and Rielly to administer these types of hits.

Yeah, like I said ugly, don’t like it, suspend him etc.

People are acting like this is Bertuzzi Moore lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And in Andersson's case it feels like the punishment was harsh enough and appropriate enough to make him not do it again. Which is the reason we suspend in the first place.

Unlike some other guys who never learn. Because they rarely get punished.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Reilly gets 5 games (it's been announced on NHL radio, apparently). That's ~what I figured.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Reilly gets 5 games (it's been announced on NHL radio, apparently). That's ~what I figured.
Im not sure the 5 is for how hard the hit was it was more for LETS NOT DO THAT AGAIN so noone breaks their neck kinda thing