• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day of digestion later and I don't think you can really say this team's any better geared toward winning than it was in May. Tanev's nice but at best we're hoping he can do what Brodie did the first couple years of his contract and I just don't think that moves the needle much. Also relying on another experimental tandem in net.

Up front is just nothing unless Mitch gets moved which seems unlikelier by the day. Running it back with Tavares a year older, hoping Knies takes a step forward and praying that Grebyonkin, Cowan and/or Minten can take some spots as rookies isn't a good plan.

Goes back to keeping Shanahan and letting him stay in control of everything after Dubas left. Looking at another wasted year of Matthews.

there was scuttlebutt that they were going to take the C from Tavares and give it to Mathews. Its coming from Kypreos

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was scuttlebutt that they were going to take the C from Tavares and give it to Mathews. Its coming from Kypreos
I think they kind of have to. It's pretty clear JT hasn't been a good captain and they probably screwed up by not giving it to either Rielly or Matthews to begin with.

It's posted a few pages back but listening to JT's locker day comments after the elimination was infuriating. Don't think you can be that out of touch with the fanbase and be captain.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they kind of have to. It's pretty clear JT hasn't been a good captain and they probably screwed up by not giving it to either Rielly or Matthews to begin with.

It's posted a few pages back but listening to JT's locker day comments after the elimination was infuriating. Don't think you can be that out of touch with the fanbase and be captain.

wasn't that the MO for him from the Islanders as well?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't that the MO for him from the Islanders as well?
I mean things went pretty well there for a minute after he left, right? Don't think that's a coincidence (although they were starting Thomas Greiss and Jaro Halak in his last few seasons there, i'm sure that played a part too lol).

I think in a perfect world Covid doesn't happen, Dubas doesn't fumble the Marner negotiation (or screw up a million other things) and the Leafs wind up with a lot more cap space to build around those guys and mask the obvious shortcomings but in this timeline signing Tavares went about as spectacularly bad as it possibly could have.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t they sign Tanev with the intent to give him the C?

It makes it easier to send him to Robidas island as the defense of “if our captain could suit up for us he would”

/of course if they gave the C to Gauthier when they should of they wouldn’t have this problem.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^
I’m still trying to figure out what he hit on the way down the first and third times

/oh shit I finally saw the wire bouncing