• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really works hard to get the important scoops I guess :wink:

tumblr_okkwaoGrRn1u501aoo3_400.gifv

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely have this hat somewhere:

I definitely remember those hats but I never had a Leafs one.

You want to talk "ahead of the curve"? During my Starter jacket/hat phase I was rocking Orlando Magic shit the season before Shaq. I may still have a Dennis Scott jersey somewhere :wink:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely remember those hats but I never had a Leafs one.

You want to talk "ahead of the curve"? During my Starter jacket/hat phase I was rocking Orlando Magic shit the season before Shaq. I may still have a Dennis Scott jersey somewhere :wink:
I had a shit ton of Penny stuff, including the Air Penny 2’s. Orlando gear was top shelf stuff, thank you for blazing that trail.

First NBA game I ever went to was the Raps and Magic at Skydome in their inaugural season too. Raptors even won somehow.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a dad hat kind of day I guess, I found this one I gave my dad while going through his stuff a few weeks ago (he passed in the middle of February). I think Foligno's is probably 3 or 4 years older though so he still wins :wink:

hatpic.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dad hat kind of day I guess, I found this one I gave my dad while going through his stuff a few weeks ago (he passed in the middle of February). I think Foligno's is probably 3 or 4 years older though so he still wins :wink:

View attachment 269298
Shit, sorry about your pops man. That’s awful.

I’m going to miss his Leaf takes, they always brightened up my day.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a shit ton of Penny stuff, including the Air Penny 2’s. Orlando gear was top shelf stuff, thank you for blazing that trail.

First NBA game I ever went to was the Raps and Magic at Skydome in their inaugural season too. Raptors even won somehow.

I was in Buffalo at a tournament when I saw that black, blue and silver jacket hanging in the Walden Galleria. It's a good thing I have a photographic memory and was reading the sports page every day because I certainly heard a lot of "I bet you don't even know any players!" :lol:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 269298

Sorry to hear that news about your dad, buddy,

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, sorry about your pops man. That’s awful.

I’m going to miss his Leaf takes, they always brightened up my day.

Thanks man. It was his heart, as it often is. We had a good final moment right before they wheeled him to the ambulance.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First goal that Nick scores as a member of the Buds needs to be celebrated with the Foligno Leap.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Buffalo at a tournament when I saw that black, blue and silver jacket hanging in the Walden Galleria. It's a good thing I have a photographic memory and was reading the sports page every day because I certainly heard a lot of "I bet you don't even know any players!" :lol:
Going to the Footaction USA in the Galleria was like entering a whole new world for sports apparel back then compared to what was available in Toronto. You were lucky to find a Jordan jersey at any Toronto area foot locker, let alone other NBA team stuff.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love this guy. Can't wait til he comes back.

There was a photo of him loading his gear up to leave Columbus and he already had a Leafs gear bag. When Lehtonen came, he dropped his Leafs bag with the Trainers and got his CBJ one. When the trade went down, Nick called the equip mgr and asked if they held onto it and they did, so he went down and grabbed it.

Only player in Leafs history to try and *save* them money.
First goal that Nick scores as a member of the Buds needs to be celebrated with the Foligno Leap.
I would put money on it:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the Footaction USA in the Galleria was like entering a whole new world for sports apparel back then compared to what was available in Toronto. You were lucky to find a Jordan jersey at any Toronto area foot locker, let alone other NBA team stuff.

I'm hoping that funerals are somewhat normal again by the time my mom passes because I have a story about her and a Lawrence Taylor jersey that I want to be able to tell everyone.

My mom is the best :D