• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like every year once teams figure out to take away AM34 in the slot on the PP it goes to shit. Doesn't help that Nylander has been missing for a couple of games either. There are other guys who should be able to score and can't seem to. It's a bit of a paradox at this point, it was so good at one point.

I think that losing Nylander's zone-entry skill is maybe more of a factor on the PP than we expected it would be. He's kind of a wizard at it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also not sure that Hunter wouldn't have been the correct choice. I'm in London and have basked in Knights glory for two decades, those dudes seem to do everything right. Knights have been off the hook good for a loonnnnnggg time. And they were not prior to the Hunters. Maybe that doesn't translate to the next level, especially when we can't just buy the best players which London obviously does (shhhhh). But FFS, in recent times we got to watch Tavares, Kane, Marner, Nash, Kadri, Perry, Horvat, Tkfuck, Prust, Bolland, Mason, Domi Jr. Even some of the guys who never did anything in the NHL were incredible like Shremp and Dvorak. Good times and a sold out barn every night.

On the other side of that scale we have the results of Hunter's NHL drafts. I'm fine with the decision that was made.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other side of that scale we have the results of Hunter's NHL drafts. I'm fine with the decision that was made.
100% correct, it speaks for itself, I just wonder if he would have gotten better at it. His player selections for the Knights have been bang on. Maybe it's not him doing it? Who is:?

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Hunters brought us one Mem Cup and we should have won at least one more and possibly a couple more. It's been a great ride with the Hunters in London. They are likely both scumbags who drink and drive but our team is pretty solid lol.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% correct, it speaks for itself, I just wonder if he would have gotten better at it. His player selections for the Knights have been bang on. Maybe it's not him doing it? Who is:?

Right off the top I guess I imagine that the needed skill sets for someone picking in the two drafts simply don't overlap perfectly (and I'm not just talking about not being able to have Lafreniere tell the teams in front of the Leafs that he is going to go to college instead :wink: ). Looking at a teenager and figuring out how he will develop as an older teenager is maybe just not quite the same as looking at an older teenager and figuring out what kind of adult he will be.

Also may be some misunderstanding of what is required and what actually works at each level, the old "you're not going to be able to get away with that when the guys get better" type of situation (that Schrempf may have had to a degree). But that is something that could improve with time/experience.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Hunters brought us one Mem Cup and we should have won at least one more and possibly a couple more. It's been a great ride with the Hunters in London. They are likely both scumbags who drink and drive but our team is pretty solid lol.

No one is taking that away from either of them :wink:

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, have a great rest of the weekend.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, Schremp I have no idea what happened to him. He was amazing in junior. Bar down all the time, he was so skilled.
Stadjuhar was entirely predictable, he used to drink in my bar every night. Stayed up late and drank way too much. Couldn't stay away from the clubs. It's a shame because he was so talented. Oddly enough Owen Nolan used to frequent my bar a lot in the summer as well. Super awesome dude who was chill as fuck. Steve Rucchin used to come in a lot and he was cheap as hell. The Debrusks were frequent visitors as well. Louie was awesome but his younger brother was always a problem trying to start fights with everyone. Good times indeed.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a thought that I had.

I caught Elliote talking in the pregame about Nylander and the protocol. Now I'll admit that I was not paying very close attention to him (he lost me years ago) but he seemed to me to be saying that they deserve a lot of credit for heading off a bad situation before it became a bad situation. Now I'm certainly not saying that they didn't do the correct thing here, but if Nylander never tested positive and never had the virus then since the person who tested positive was never in contact with anyone except Willy then there was never any actual risk to the team here, no? It was a potential risk to the team that never actually materialized.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a thought that I had.

I caught Elliote talking in the pregame about Nylander and the protocol. Now I'll admit that I was not paying very close attention to him (he lost me years ago) but he seemed to me to be saying that they deserve a lot of credit for heading off a bad situation before it became a bad situation. Now I'm certainly not saying that they didn't do the correct thing here, but if Nylander never tested positive and never had the virus then since the person who tested positive was never in contact with anyone except Willy then there was never any actual risk to the team here, no? It was a potential risk to the team that never actually materialized.

To sum this up better... while I think that what Willy did was probably the best course of action given the possibilities and the bigger picture for the team it didn't actually make a lick of difference and the Leafs didn't actually avoid any negative outcomes by their actions :wink:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sum this up better... while I think that what Willy did was probably the best course of action given the possibilities and the bigger picture for the team it didn't actually make a lick of difference and the Leafs didn't actually avoid any negative outcomes by their actions :wink:
Exactly but this is the protocol. The leafs are somewhat comfortable in the playoff race if nothing else so losing Willy for a few hurts them less than, say, Nashville losing Josi right now would be but it’s better than a full stoppage.

At the very least it shows how to take the protocols seriously and avoid what happened in Van.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly but this is the protocol. The leafs are somewhat comfortable in the playoff race if nothing else so losing Willy for a few hurts them less than, say, Nashville losing Josi right now would be but it’s better than a full stoppage.

At the very least it shows how to take the protocols seriously and avoid what happened in Van.

Like I said I suspect that given the potential risk it was the smart/right decision. But I don't really see it as a "win" for the protocols (and certainly not a big win that prevented a serious problem, as Elliotte seemed to be implying), more like a neutral event. Even if Willy had come to practice and jerked off in everyone's water bottles the team would have been just fine.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not like you can hit the roxy and find a bunny.
what then, video games all night long?

I heard he tried to send multiple messages using his Rogers phone :wink: