• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff:

- instead of punching a guy Simmonds scored a goal and had a pretty good game.

- Andersen wasn’t butt.

- Justin Holl is still playing good.

- Soup is playing good, back on JT’s wing and looks like he’s going to start popping off goals any day now.

- Mitch Marner is going to win the Art Ross.

- Caillou is mad.

Bad stuff:

- Stopped playing from the first intermission to five minutes left in the third.

- Michael Hutchinson is probably going to start a game at some point.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled this from PPP - transcription of Friedman on 590 this morning:

"I think it’s possible, they had huge hopes for Dermott going into last season, he was trending the right way. He’s a guy that if you remember.., they moved down in the draft to get him, a guy they targeted, they really liked, organization invested in him. The other thing, is when they made the coaching change (Babcock out, Keefe in), nobody was more invested in Keefe than Dermott was. That first game in Arizona, I remember (Shawn McKenzie doing a bench interview) with Dermott, where I think he asked him/about him, he was very enthusiastic and it was "guys want to play for him" (Keefe). So the Leafs were excited about what they had with there. Last year it just didn’t work, didn’t go well and there were some rumors about him in the offseason. I know they looked around on him, I know Florida was interested, they held on, didn’t make the deal (for context, that was the rumored Johnsson + Dermott for Weegar as principles trade). They grinded him a bit on the contract, look at the number he’s making this year, it became more of a prove it year. He gets that scratch on Tuesday, and there’s some young defensemen in the league right now, he’s one, Victor Mete can’t get in the lineup in Montreal, Vince Dunn can’t get into the lineup in St Louis, I still think they look at it Mike, and they don’t want to give up on this guy, and they still feel they need him, particularly with Lehtonen struggling, he’s a talented guy (Dermott), but you just get the sense Mike that there’s a feeling on both sides that this hasn’t worked as well as everyone hoped, and the future is not as clear as everyone thought it would be.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ If there really was a Johnsson + Dermott for Weegar trade available and there wasn't a need for either Robertson/Sandin/Amirov or a first round pick as a kicker for Toronto, Dubas really fucked up and Anderson better turn into a top 6 player.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re 10 games in and are yet to dominate a game. Looks to me like they are what they are (which is still the best team in Canada but, like, probably 6th in. US and A)?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the range on a typical golf cart? Gotta ask because from Appleby College to Mapleview is like 20 km's and that is pretty impressive for a golf cart.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m guessing Shanny and Dubas did not expect to have the conundrum of possibly having to leave either Brodie or Muzzin exposed when they gave them contracts last year. Holl for Vezina and an eventual spot in the rafters.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

“I would like to… thank you for recommending Bob Orr to our organization but this boy is a little too young to be put on any list for protection. In regard to Emms placing him on a list, the pro clubs cannot put a boy on the list until he is 18 years old.”

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF