• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I am pleasantly surprised at this trade. Seems like basically Kappy for a first.

And you added $3.2M to your cap space.

Honestly, didnt think Dubas had it in him to pull this off. Well done!

Looks like a really good return to me as well. And Hallander is an asset too, it's not just the 1st.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a really good return to me as well. And Hallander is an asset too, it's not just the 1st.

Agreed

I am just glad he didn't GIVE UP a first to get some cap space.

I like Kappy, I thought there still was a little more upside to his game yet.

And considering how he got to Toronto,

THANK YOU KESSEL

(obligatory)

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And somewhere in Sweden, Andreas Johnsson breathes deeply and turns his cell phone back on.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now get rid of Hyman, Kerfoot, Johnsson and Dermott for good returns and keep things moving.

I like Hyman's game and his contract. Only guy on the team effective on the forecheck. The other 3, totally agree.

Oh and to answer the earlier question, pair Pietrangelo with Sandin :nod:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hyman's game and his contract. Only guy on the team effective on the forecheck. The other 3, totally agree.

Oh and to answer the earlier question, pair Pietrangelo with Sandin :nod:
Hyman's up after next season and the Leafs won't have the cap space to keep him. I like him but letting him walk for nothing after watching JVR, Bozak, Gardiner, Komarov etc. walk for nothing and with no success to show for it I'd rather see what we can get for him considering how cheap he is and how strapped some teams are against the cap.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sending the your welcome from HOF GMJR for the gift. Yeah this deal makes zero sense.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Leafs probably would want him on the Marlies but since they don't know if/when the Marlies will ever play again it makes the most sense.
OH yeah w/o a doubt leave him there to get better. He would have done the same if he stayed in Pittsburgh.
The broken leg and loss of half a season most likely dictated that on top of the obvious with all that is going on.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to one thing I saw from a Leafs' blogger - the Leafs D next year is going to include Ekblad, Subban and Nurse.

And apparently all they are losing is Nylander.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're pretty intent on moving on from Andersen but I don't think going out and splurging on a UFA goalie who will probably want more than $6 mil/yr is the way to go. Not sold on either of the injury-prone AZ goalies, either.

Andy should be attractive in the marketplace though as a goalie with a reasonable cap hit and only $1 mil in actual salary at a time where everyone's broke.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to one thing I saw from a Leafs' blogger - the Leafs D next year is going to include Ekblad, Subban and Nurse.

And apparently all they are losing is Nylander.

:rolleyes2:

Some bloggers are pretty darned dense. Even I know to scan CapFriendly before making crazy statements.

Those 3 have a cap hit next year of $22.1M. Suuuuuuuuure. They could MAYBE afford one of them as long as his name is not PK. Or Darnell.

(I think you were mocking the blogger. I think).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2:

(I think you were mocking the blogger. I think).

Yeah. It's annoying because the one guy who said the Leafs were trading Marner for Seth Jones showed up in my Twitter feed and I clicked on it, so now Twitter keeps feeding me all this Leafs nonsense.

And since Twatwaffle blocked me, I was kinda missing baseless bullshit in my feed.