• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean we shouldn’t trade Marner for Georgiev??

But he is really good when he plays the Leafs! :wink:

Who was the baseball team that used to really have a thing for overrating/trading for guys on other teams who played well against them? Mariners I think?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he is really good when he plays the Leafs! :wink:

Who was the baseball team that used to really have a thing for overrating/trading for guys on other teams who played well against them? Mariners I think?
I thought the M's folded after Griffey & Arod left and Seattle built a West Coast stadium for the Jays :noidea:

No, but you should trade Willie for Brodie.
7. "The Toronto Maple Leafs trade William Nylander for TJ Brodie."

Exec: “Kyle Dubas has been kidnapped by China, imprisoning Canada’s most important executive in retaliation for Canada imprisoning China’s most important executive. Brian Burke has been brought on as his replacement. He immediately fires Keefe, trades anybody good on the team for former players, hires Bill Peters and bans Rogers cameras from the building they half-own until Don Cherry is reinstated on HNIC.

Leafs also throw in a 2nd round pick.”

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exec: “Kyle Dubas has been kidnapped by China, imprisoning Canada’s most important executive in retaliation for Canada imprisoning China’s most important executive. Brian Burke has been brought on as his replacement. He immediately fires Keefe, trades anybody good on the team for former players, hires Bill Peters and bans Rogers cameras from the building they half-own until Don Cherry is reinstated on HNIC.

It could happen.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the M's folded after Griffey & Arod left and Seattle built a West Coast stadium for the Jays :noidea:

I loved listening to Ferraro talk about how good Nylander is before/on the broadcast last night, such a nice change.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved listening to Ferraro talk about how good Nylander is before/on the broadcast last night, such a nice change.
Somewhere, Dreger and Lebrun were in a room twitching and preparing tweets about how Nylander “can be had for the right price”.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn like Natalie Imbruglia?!?

/A real cutie

All she had to do was say something and I would have stopped, she didn't have to go and write a song about it :wink:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn like Natalie Imbruglia?!?

/A real cutie

Also, I haven't seen or googled her in forever but I have a suspicion that she has aged well. Like a Susanna Hoffs type of deal with the devil.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I haven't seen or googled her in forever but I have a suspicion that she has aged well. Like a Susanna Hoffs type of deal with the devil.

Nevermind actually, she has aged well but she has cheated my statement a little bit by not actually being that old. I thought she was a good 7-8 years older than me and approaching 50 but it turns out she's 5 years younger than that.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
All she had to do was say something and I would have stopped, she didn't have to go and write a song about it :wink:
I hate to be that guy, but that song was a cover

and in googling her, there are some beach images indicating that Dash would have a chance.
Dude she was with looked ooooold

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s this weird thing on the tweeter right now where people are defending JT against media attacks saying he’s struggling (he’s absolutely not struggling, btw) and I can’t find any media attacking JT.

Does this happen to other teams or are Leaf crazies just a special brand of dumb?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
There’s this weird thing on the tweeter right now where people are defending JT against media attacks saying he’s struggling (he’s absolutely not struggling, btw) and I can’t find any media attacking JT.

Does this happen to other teams or are Leaf crazies just a special brand of dumb?
not rampant, but somewhat similar thing with Boeser here.
I recall seeing some blog defending Boeser's slumping season (0.81 points per game last year, 0.86 this year)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our fanbase is split between "there is no one worth trading Josh Anderson for" and "We should trade him for Kopitar or Scheifle straight up".

So, every fanbase has it's problems.

Many also believe that Korpisalo should get the starter job back the instant he clears IR.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be that guy, but that song was a cover

and in googling her, there are some beach images indicating that Dash would have a chance.
Dude she was with looked ooooold

I fucked that whole band really hard too so it's all the same.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not rampant, but somewhat similar thing with Boeser here.
I recall seeing some blog defending Boeser's slumping season (0.81 points per game last year, 0.86 this year)
Ya I saw the Boeser stuff. Talk about high expectations lol

Our fanbase is split between "there is no one worth trading Josh Anderson for" and "We should trade him for Kopitar or Scheifle straight up".

So, every fanbase has it's problems.

Many also believe that Korpisalo should get the starter job back the instant he clears IR.
Ya but like is anyone making up stuff about the media underrating or slandering, say, PLD? Or last year about Panarin?

It at least made sense when everyone had to defend Nylander because asshats like Dreger were suggesting him as a starting point in a trade for a fucking backup goalie but I’ve never seen the fans making up media crap - we usually have an ample supply to sift through.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I saw the Boeser stuff. Talk about high expectations lol

Ya but like is anyone making up stuff about the media underrating or slandering, say, PLD? Or last year about Panarin?

It at least made sense when everyone had to defend Nylander because asshats like Dreger were suggesting him as a starting point in a trade for a fucking backup goalie but I’ve never seen the fans making up media crap - we usually have an ample supply to sift through.

Let me introduce you to twatwaffle:

Rick Nash was asked to waive his no trade clause because the Jackets would not be good while he was in his prime, and they wanted to send him where he wanted to go and have a chance to win. He agreed. Portzline reported that Nash wanted to leave. Not even close to true.

He was all over Johansen (although some of that looks to be true) and started on Jones early saying Seth didn't want to be here.

Portzline started the whole "Bob hates Columbus" and "Bob is a terrible teammate" shit. Likely it's what caused Bob to hold his ground on money. Rumors are he wanted to stay and was willing to sign a somewhat reasonable deal until the fans turned on him.

When Panarin was asked about the life in the NHL as opposed to where he grew up, he made a crack about living in a house with a 2 car garage. Portzline reported that he signed with NYR because we were too small time a city and fanned the "Columbus has garages" flames. Granted that all was after the fact, but Portzline also was the main one pushing the "Artemi's girlfriend wants to be a model" thing leading up to the deadline. Artemi very nearly stayed.

Most of the rest of the local media is more reasonable. Portzline wants to be big time in Chicago or New York himself, so pretty much every article he writes as some degree of "player so and so wants more than Columbus can give". It's so bad that now all the other local guys have to ask questions trying to get the players to say they love Columbus.