• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things whether or not Marner signs with the Leafs or takes his talents elsewhere? If I was the Leafs I'd be hoping another team offers him enough and I take the 4 firsts. With Freddy as your starting goalie, your high water mark is the conference finals anyways and that is if you don't overwork him. I don't mean to be a downer but those are the facts. Ride Sparks and dump Freddy and then you might have a chance.

I would prefer Marner on the Leafs. His skillset is not easily replaceable. If he signs for 10-11M though, the Leafs have approx 50% of their cap space tied up in 4 forwards (incl Nylander). Possibly successful only if the talent pipeline keeps churning out quality min wage players. No idea what they do in a years time with only 1 D signed...

As for Freddy, I am willing to stick with him a while longer. I get where you are coming from and you may be right. I disagree on Sparks though, he is not the answer long term. Ian Scott or Joseph Woll are better guesses for a long term answer, but they are at least 2 years away. Freddy has 2 years left on a decent contract. I suspect they will re evaluate this topic in 2021

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Hoping tomorrow it will be explained how Dubas is a genius.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't make sense - not sure how you expect to advance deep in the playoffs without Sparks.