• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by where he is in this video and where the construction zone on the QEW right now actually is (it's right at the 427 on the Toronto border), this truck literally drove through the entire city of Mississauga on a highway that is never not busy no matter the hour going the wrong way and somehow managed to both 1) not fucking realize he was doing so and 2) not kill anyone.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know Glenn, from Canada? He works in an office?

Oh yeah, Office Glenn. He died.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tragedy and my condolences to the family. Losing a child is one of the worst experiences anyone can have.

Like most accidents though, a number of things had to go wrong to result in this tragedy. To pick one to the exclusion of all others is unfair. Such is media reporting in the 21st century.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tragedy and my condolences to the family. Losing a child is one of the worst experiences anyone can have.

Like most accidents though, a number of things had to go wrong to result in this tragedy. To pick one to the exclusion of all others is unfair. Such is media reporting in the 21st century.
It's not like this is a city that doesn't plan multiple massive parades on an annual basis - Pride, Caribana and the Santa Claus parade all get 6 to 7 figures for attendance these days. Obviously this was going to be larger than all of them and logistically they really did a rather crap job of crowd control and keeping a clear route and the result was the parade's duration stretching from the originally-planned two hours to six.

Worse, if people on the University portion wanted to leave the only way to do so was to get down to Union as they closed all the subway stops on both University and Yonge on the parade route mid-morning to try and restrict the number of people coming in. Making their way to Union from even King seemed like an impossible task given the crowd. If these parents started thinking to leave after, say, two hours of waiting and were struggling to get anywhere and their child started going into medical emergency at that point, that's just about the worst-case scenario coming to life and someone needs to take blame for that.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, this is an actual headline

You know, every time I see a rumo(u)r or actual signing, I say to myself "Player X signed for 6, 7, 8 M AAV. Why does Marner think he is worth more?". Then I look at stats, recall watching him play, and remember he is only 22 freakin years old.

This is why I am not Steve Simmons. And glad of it.

Happy Canada Day to all :canada:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Dubas didn't have to trade so many assets to fix Lou's fuckup contracts?

They could be trading a first rounder for Justin Faulk or Taylor Hall this winter instead of having to move it so someone else could buy out Old Man Marleau.