• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“One of the most productive players in the league”

What the hell is Jonas smoking?

One 20 goal year. Will be 25 in November. Played with AM34.

Is there any reason he deserves more than, say, Connor Brown and his "OMG that is ridiculous" $2.1M AAV?

CB had 20 his first year, was 22 at the time, and did not play a ton with AM34. And his production has tailed off for various reasons ever since.

I think the best the Leafs should offer Johnsson is a CB-like deal. If Andreas can get more somewhere else, bless him.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One 20 goal year. Will be 25 in November. Played with AM34.

Is there any reason he deserves more than, say, Connor Brown and his "OMG that is ridiculous" $2.1M AAV?

CB had 20 his first year, was 22 at the time, and did not play a ton with AM34. And his production has tailed off for various reasons ever since.

I think the best the Leafs should offer Johnsson is a CB-like deal. If Andreas can get more somewhere else, bless him.
Brown did play with AM a lot in his rookie year though. His 5v5 ice time was split almost evenly between Kadri (419:27) and AM (411:34). He also got 90 minutes of PP time with him. Combined 8 of his goals came while he was on the ice with AM. Which is why they should've traded him there and then since he was never going to get that AM ice time again and why the Leafs should probably trade Johnsson, especially if a deal comes up where moving him and Kadri can get something solid in return.

I honestly wonder how much Siegel has to get from Johnsson's agent to put something like that out there. It's such blatant bullshit.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's now Hyman and Dermott who are out at least through training camp (obviously longer for Dermott) and JT who we're all praying doesn't accidentally eject over the Atlantic on his way back from going to Europe for a few days to get hurt.

Matthews is also recovering from femur surgery and I'm just going to assume Morgan Rielly is somewhere in Saskatchewan and days away from an unfortunate tractor incident.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's now Hyman and Dermott who are out at least through training camp (obviously longer for Dermott) and JT who we're all praying doesn't accidentally eject over the Atlantic on his way back from going to Europe for a few days to get hurt.

Matthews is also recovering from femur surgery and I'm just going to assume Morgan Rielly is somewhere in Saskatchewan and days away from an unfortunate tractor incident.

Kinda feel like you brought this on with the OHIP post

You will literally pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

Never tempt fate.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda feel like you brought this on with the OHIP post

Never tempt fate.
I'll sacrifice every last Leaf active or retired if it means I keep my orange OHIP card.

I am not going to god damn Service Ontario any more than I already have to.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any talk in town about the D Coach for next year?

With today's injury news, looks like next year will be Morgan, Jake M and a whole lotta green. Not saying that is disastrous, but the defensive coach will be critical to development and improvement of the team overall.

Not sold on DJ as that guy, and would be OK for him to move to OTT (Sens or 67s, dont care LOL)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any talk in town about the D Coach for next year?

With today's injury news, looks like next year will be Morgan, Jake M and a whole lotta green. Not saying that is disastrous, but the defensive coach will be critical to development and improvement of the team overall.

Not sold on DJ as that guy, and would be OK for him to move to OTT (Sens or 67s, dont care LOL)
It's DJ until noted otherwise. Babs probably feels like if he switches assistants because Dubas/Shanny tell him to then he'll be in a Quenneville-like position where he's next.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it ever worked - mine's covered in tape because it snapped in two length-wise just below the strip about 10 years ago and they still let me in. I don't think most offices have a reader anyway, they just enter the number.

HAhaahahaha, same exactly. Mine is taped together as well. My signature looks like I was in grade 4 when I signed it which I probably was. It doesn't expire!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that a shooter's bounce and roll or what?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that a shooter's bounce and roll or what?

They played like shit and never should have won. Standard post-game analysis from my old man.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Babcock coached the raptors Jodie Meeks is taking that last shot.