• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the praise Mark Hunter got from many corners of the hockey world, his drafting (pretty much his entire job) hasn't exactly been great.

The Leafs picked three times from #61-68 in 2015 and with Nielsen being traded, Bracco not improving much with the Marlies and Dzierkals back home in Latvia stinking it up in the K those are three pretty big whiffs. None of those players may ever play an NHL game.

And it's not like other years were any kinder - Grundstrom may make an impact and will probably get some NHL time but I doubt Korshkov's ever sniffing an NHL arena which is horrible for a 31st pick. Grundstrom and Dermott may be the only non-first rounders from those drafts to play consistent NHL hockey. Considering how many picks the Leafs hoarded those years, that's kinda butt.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Willy?
We don't know
Trying to fill his pockets
With all the Leafs dough

/That's pretty good, Colby

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruh Roh, another Leafs - Flames trade...

Maple Leafs Acquire Klimchuk From Calgary

/Not quite as bad as the Gilmour - Leeman trade, methinks.
I thought it might be to open a spot on the Marlies D for Holl when Matthews got back but they're sitting the Goat so maybe they're sending Holl down when Nylander signs :D :D :D

/As I said above, Nielsen is a wasted pick. Guessing Klimchuk is as well (although he has company in the "Butt 2013 First Rounders Club" in the Goat).

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it might be to open a spot on the Marlies D for Holl when Matthews got back but they're sitting the Goat so maybe they're sending Holl down when Nylander signs :D :D :D

/As I said above, Nielsen is a wasted pick. Guessing Klimchuk is as well (although he has company in the "Butt 2013 First Rounders Club" in the Goat).

Basically a case where the Marlies had a logjam on D and a need upfront, and while I don't know much about the Flames' system I wouldn't be surprised if they are relieving themselves of the opposite situaton.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically a case where the Marlies had a logjam on D and a need upfront, and while I don't know much about the Flames' system I wouldn't be surprised if they are relieving themselves of the opposite situaton.

Klimchuk is certainly an above average AHL player in my opinion, but he certainly has been surpassed by other prospects in the Flames system. This could be a trade that works out well as far as AHL depth is concerned for both teams.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS, what do Thornton's knees have anything to do with this:

And to be honest Pete, if Jumbo's knees are that fucked up (and I wouldn't doubt it), he should retire. This is fucking top hockey.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this even mean?

Edit: I just saw your post above BBB
Even beyond that, they played a few weeks ago in SJ and had a chance to win but they kept going after Kadri and wound up giving up some pretty easy goals. This shit has already cost them 2 points and they're still carrying on about it.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even beyond that, they played a few weeks ago in SJ and had a chance to win but they kept going after Kadri and wound up giving up some pretty easy goals. This shit has already cost them 2 points and they're still carrying on about it.

I hereby retract my preseason prognostication on the Sharks.

Oh, and their goalies are sieves.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XOMwviB.gif