• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the best spot for an arena is in the SoHo district (close to the Link and Safeco Field where the Hawks/Sounders and Mariners play). You put an arena out in the 'burbs and I just don't think people will make the commute (Seattle traffic is no picnic).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the best spot for an arena is in the SoHo district (close to the Link and Safeco Field where the Hawks/Sounders and Mariners play). You put an arena out in the 'burbs and I just don't think people will make the commute (Seattle traffic is no picnic).
Agreed. I figured people were smart enough these days to know this, but, here we are.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Sharks. That goofball German that owns the Sharks sent a letter this week, and I paraphrase, that they are working with the city of San Jose on a area deal to keep San Jose the Sharks home (wtf does that mean?) plus they were not able to resolve an unfavorable TV deal. First time us Sharks fans heard that. I'd be surprised if the Sharks ever left San Jose. A lot of Silicon Valley money there and a big market. Maybe they move to the new Warriors Stadium in SF. First time I ever heard of any slight bit unhappiness from ownership in San Jose.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. I think psychologically, people of seattle want that rink downtown in SoDo next to the other 2 facilities and putting it anywhere else will be asking for trouble

Maybe destroy can help me out on this but south king county isnt really the greatest area
When i think of that area what comes to my mind is watching 1980's episodes of COPS

Youd think bellevue would be second best option (and still far behind) since its a richer area and closer to the other richer areas like lake sammamish and issaquah

I think the big hope is that chris hansen sees this today and comes off his nba team first idea

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L at me - SoDo, not SoHo (thanks jstew)

No problemo dash. I mentioned that the one thing i remember about tukwila was it had the most entertaining criminals of anywhere in america on episodes of cops

But i forgot almost live always took a stick to them too

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the SNL skit that featured John Malkovich as Len Tukwila, driftwood artist. His technique was to work the wood until it was smooth and dark...and then stick a little bird on it (lol).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda surprised there isn't much hubbub about the Canucks being opposed to the NHL in Seattle...

I think it's good that there isn't, of course. Just find it curious.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda surprised there isn't much hubbub about the Canucks being opposed to the NHL in Seattle...

I think it's good that there isn't, of course. Just find it curious.

Not a lot of canucks love down there ... Therefore Not a lot of financial love going aquilinis way that he might miss out on

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather the NHL be in Seattle than Las Vegas.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, its not a huge following, but that is pretty sizeable.

i dont think its substantial at all ... i think you have to know the area to feel the vibe

For the canucks, I think the desire for a true regional rival outweighs all ... probably will generate more revenue opportunities for them. They werent getting ticket sales from anyone in Seattle. They will be after Seattle gets a team (at least a couple times a year)

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. I think psychologically, people of seattle want that rink downtown in SoDo next to the other 2 facilities and putting it anywhere else will be asking for trouble

Maybe destroy can help me out on this but south king county isnt really the greatest area
When i think of that area what comes to my mind is watching 1980's episodes of COPS

Youd think bellevue would be second best option (and still far behind) since its a richer area and closer to the other richer areas like lake sammamish and issaquah

I think the big hope is that chris hansen sees this today and comes off his nba team first idea

If the arena is right there with the baseball and football stadiums it should be fine. The plan for the stadium calls for Hansen to improve the surrounding area as well which would be a nice plus. But yes, SoDo is pretty industrialized, not a particularly wealthy area, with lots of small apartments and has its contingent of homeless.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the arena is right there with the baseball and football stadiums it should be fine. The plan for the stadium calls for Hansen to improve the surrounding area as well which would be a nice plus. But yes, SoDo is pretty industrialized, not a particularly wealthy area, with lots of small apartments and has its contingent of homeless.

I was asking for your opinion on the South King County area (ie Tukwila/SeaTac)

SoDo is what it is ... where all the other stadiums are

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother-in-law taught for a while at a school in the Tukwila area - The general impression I got from him was that it wasn't the best of neighborhoods.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother-in-law taught for a while at a school in the Tukwila area - The general impression I got from him was that it wasn't the best of neighborhoods.
Nothing that a few hundred million of public money for an arena can't fix!