• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have two WHL franchises in close proximity to Seattle (the T-Birds play their home games in Kent, Washington while the Silvertips are north of Seattle in Everett). Will Seattle area hockey fans be willing to pay 5 to 10 times the amount of money to watch pro hockey as compared to junior hockey? I'm just not sure.

Roamer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you heard? Portland is the place the NHL is dying to move a team to. Why does Seattle even bother in the face of that future cradle of hockey? :rolleyes:
Portland Lumberjacks? Portland Mud-slides? Hmmm!
:gaah:

Roamer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have two WHL franchises in close proximity to Seattle (the T-Birds play their home games in Kent, Washington while the Silvertips are north of Seattle in Everett). Will Seattle area hockey fans be willing to pay 5 to 10 times the amount of money to watch pro hockey as compared to junior hockey? I'm just not sure.
I think they'd rather spend their cash on grass. Umm ... no, never mind. They can get that from their own backyards. Then the arena will be filled with Starbucks and potheads and ....nobody will GAF about the score.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Spoonmen:
445artis.jpg

Or Seattle Grunge. Logo could be a flannel glove holding a hockey stick shaped guitar. Their goal song could be Smells like Teen Spirit and they could have banners all over celebrating HOW THEY FUCKING KILLED MUSIC!*

*does not apply to Soundgarden

They could have Pearljam re-record some song lyrics for their Power Plays...

"1-2-3-4-5 against four, ah aaah, five five... five against four."

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland Lumberjacks? Portland Mud-slides? Hmmm!
:gaah:

Tell me you know the history of the "original six" and where your current fav club came again? You can thank the "left coast" for providing the Red Wings and the Blackhawks clubs.

1920s

The roots of the Red Wings go all the way back to the old Western Hockey League, where the Victoria (British Columbia) Cougars were members until their roster was sold to a group from Detroit on September 25, 1926. The Detroit group had been awarded an NHL franchise on May 15, 1926.

The team began to play as the Detroit Cougars in the fall of 1926 while playing its home games in Windsor, Ontario. Despite the fact that the Victoria Cougars had won the Stanley Cup in 1925 and were Cup finalists in 1926, the Detroit Cougars finished 12-28-4; the NHL's worst record for the 1926-27 season.

Not only did the team struggle on the ice, but it performed poorly on the ledger sheet as well where the Cougars were more than $80,000 in debt.

Help came, the following season, in the form of Jack Adams as the team's coach and general manager. Adams had played in the old Pacific Coast league and in the NHL with the Toronto St. Pats and the Ottawa Senators. Adam's tenure as coach and GM would last until the 1962-63 season, when Sid Abel took over.

The team also moved into the brand new Olympia Stadium for the 1927-28 season. A Detroit and professional hockey landmark, the Olympia would serve as the home for the franchise through the midway point of the 1979-80 season. With Adams at the helm, the team made the playoffs for the first time

BTW...

The Portland "Rose Buds" eventually became the BlackHawks of Chitown. The Detroit "Cougars" has a nice ring to it, no?
:lol:

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think hockey could work in Seattle? Its not exactly a proven market like Phoenix is.
There are more WHL teams there than there are in Manitoba One less than in Saskatchewan. 2 of which play in Greater Seattle, Everett and Seattle tho' neither play in the city proper

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it. When they kill off a penalty you could hear Eddie yell "Even Streeennngggttthh" etc. A lot of possiblities here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"They lied and said they didn't triiip him, Weeeee got the extra man"

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a lot of money in Seattle and I expect if/when Seattle gets a franchise Paul Allen will be looking for one for the Rose Garden down the I-5 All you have to do is look at the success of the Sounders who outdraw EVERY NHL NBA and most MLB team (and probably the Jags all tho' I'm not going to look that up) I also expect that the franchises going to the PNW will be existing franchises as I expect they will save Quebec City and greater Toronto for the 2 inevitable expansion franchises as they will be able to get higher expansion fees from Canadian cities

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of money in Seattle and I expect if/when Seattle gets a franchise Paul Allen will be looking for one for the Rose Garden down the I-5 All you have to do is look at the success of the Sounders who outdraw EVERY NHL NBA and most MLB team (and probably the Jags all tho' I'm not going to look that up) I also expect that the franchises going to the PNW will be existing franchises as I expect they will save Quebec City and greater Toronto for the 2 inevitable expansion franchises as they will be able to get higher expansion fees from Canadian cities

What does MLS have to do with NHL?

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospective NHL owner Victor Coleman on Seattle: 'Perfect fit' | KING5.com Seattle

Two sources with knowledge of the talks between Hansen and Coleman say that the two potential owners met in person a couple of weeks ago, and have been actively talking for months. In fact, according to the sources, the two potential ownership groups have signed a “non-binding” agreement which lays out the terms for Coleman’s contribution to the project and his potential revenue streams for a hockey franchise. Two other hockey ownership groups - one led by Don Levin, the other by Ray Bartoszek - have not laid out similar groundwork, per the sources.

“The location Chris has established is the right location, and we’re excited to be a part of that,” said Coleman.”That’s the best location we see, surrounding the transportation needs and the growth in Pioneer Square.”

It may be tougher to get the councils to adjust the MOU to allow for Hockey first. No elected leader has indicated it is even up for discussion.

/also ... as the story mentions this land purchase (below) is unrelated
I went to school with this guy (at Magee ) if you'd have told me this guy would have become a world class businessman back in IE 8 I'd have said fuck no not a chance

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both sports
What do the Leafs have to do with winning hockey

Rich coming from a Canucks fan, the kind of team that hangs Presidents Trophy and Division Champion banners in their arena instead of Stanley Cup ones (for obvious reasons).