• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does there appear to be a widow of opportunity for seattle to get an NHK franchise?
I posted early on the thread and just now returning being lost on the subject.:scratch:

Well I'm sure the NHL wants to expand here real soon and they really want a team in Seattle - that being said, Seattle is playing hardball and not wanting to build the arena until they know they have an NBA team first

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm sure the NHL wants to expand here real soon and they really want a team in Seattle - that being said, Seattle is playing hardball and not wanting to build the arena until they know they have an NBA team first

Falling back on probably what I MIGHT have said before, I think seattle has the right approach due to their NBA history and with that being said the NHL issue could probably pass with less political challenges with an NBA franchise moving forward first

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falling back on probably what I MIGHT have said before, I think seattle has the right approach due to their NBA history and with that being said the NHL issue could probably pass with less political challenges with an NBA franchise moving forward first

Agreed, I don't think there would be any issue getting an NHL team once they get an NBA team, but I think the NHL really wants to get a team in Seattle, it makes so much sense - Hansen is being a hardball though and while it's understandable as far as their NBA history, unless they get it together, they won't have either team any time soon and I think they'd be better with an NHL team than with neither

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I don't think there would be any issue getting an NHL team once they get an NBA team, but I think the NHL really wants to get a team in Seattle, it makes so much sense - Hansen is being a hardball though and while it's understandable as far as their NBA history, unless they get it together, they won't have either team any time soon and I think they'd be better with an NHL team than with neither

I dont think Hansen has to hurry and if I know Bettman (the phoenix situation) both parties really shouldnt be in a hurry to get an NHL franchise due to the problems in Phoenix as a benchmark.

Sitting back and observing a return of the Supersonics would really give persective NHL owners more time to get their variables in a reality line with NHL financial ownership.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some ugly jerseys. And while I understand they are trying to mimic the Seahawks colors, I think it is too close to the Canucks jerseys. Being so close in distance and in appearance makes Seattle look like they are swinging from Vancouver's nuts.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some ugly jerseys. And while I understand they are trying to mimic the Seahawks colors, I think it is too close to the Canucks jerseys. Being so close in distance and in appearance makes Seattle look like they are swinging from Vancouver's nuts.

they could clip that things appendages and call them the Seattle Silverfish :noidea:

I really like the thunderbirds name and logo and (even though its canucks like) colours

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Wayne Gretzky could be on his way back to the NHL as an owner, but in an entirely new location.

The New York Post reported Friday that Gretzky has joined a group of investors trying to bring an NHL team to Seattle.

The Post states that Gretzky's group is one of three trying to get a team to the Pacific Northwest, though it's not known if the method would be to buy an existing franchise or set up an expansion team.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman visited Seattle in May, meeting with mayor Ed Murray. An NHL spokesperson confirmed the meeting then and said the commissioner was there getting an update on the status of a new arena being proposed by investor Chris Hansen.

Report: Gretzky part of group trying to bring NHL to Seattle

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Gretzky is involved, the team better be named the Seattle Fine Winers...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well, if Gretzky is involved, the team better be named the Seattle Fine Winers...

good thing he does well in the rain...

1267245195687.png

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospective NHL owner Victor Coleman on Seattle: 'Perfect fit' | KING5.com Seattle

Two sources with knowledge of the talks between Hansen and Coleman say that the two potential owners met in person a couple of weeks ago, and have been actively talking for months. In fact, according to the sources, the two potential ownership groups have signed a “non-binding” agreement which lays out the terms for Coleman’s contribution to the project and his potential revenue streams for a hockey franchise. Two other hockey ownership groups - one led by Don Levin, the other by Ray Bartoszek - have not laid out similar groundwork, per the sources.

“The location Chris has established is the right location, and we’re excited to be a part of that,” said Coleman.”That’s the best location we see, surrounding the transportation needs and the growth in Pioneer Square.”

It may be tougher to get the councils to adjust the MOU to allow for Hockey first. No elected leader has indicated it is even up for discussion.

/also ... as the story mentions this land purchase (below) is unrelated

Prospective Seattle NHL owner buys $281m worth of land in SoDo Area

http://www.king5.com/sports/Prospect...259670201.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could clip that things appendages and call them the Seattle Silverfish :noidea:

I really like the thunderbirds name and logo and (even though its canucks like) colours

Or at least put a hockey stick in it's fins. I agree with one of the commentors that the team should take the name Metropolitans.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think hockey could work in Seattle? Its not exactly a proven market like Phoenix is.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Spoonmen:
445artis.jpg

Or Seattle Grunge. Logo could be a flannel glove holding a hockey stick shaped guitar. Their goal song could be Smells like Teen Spirit and they could have banners all over celebrating HOW THEY FUCKING KILLED MUSIC!*

*does not apply to Soundgarden

Roamer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Spoonmen:
445artis.jpg

Or Seattle Grunge. Logo could be a flannel glove holding a hockey stick shaped guitar. Their goal song could be Smells like Teen Spirit and they could have banners all over celebrating HOW THEY FUCKING KILLED MUSIC!*

An umbrella that can double up as a hockey stick might look cool .... I think. :nod:

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Spoonmen:
445artis.jpg

Or, the Seattle Programmers. Their mascot could be Clippy from Windows.