• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_2470.jpeg

The boat ramp in the town I grew up had many “missing” vehicles rolled into the Ohio.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boat ramp in the town I grew up had many “missing” vehicles rolled into the Ohio.

It's gonna take a lot of river
To find that lemon of a car I owned
It's gonna take a lot of river
Running all the live long days
Gonna take the Mississippi, the Monongahela and the Ohio,
Gonna take a lot of river
To wash that rust away

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 332539

A friend of ours growing up was a diver and he had to go fishing cars out of the rivers. You would be surprised how many still had bodies in them.

Let me add the guy even lived on a house boat on the docks near Oakmont. So yeah he lived the real life Bruce Willis. :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of ours growing up was a diver and he had to go fishing cars out of the rivers. You would be surprised how many still had bodies in them.

This is the kind of content that keeps me coming back to this board lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the kind of content that keeps me coming back to this board lol

you would be surprised at how many I have cared for in my Mortician career

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@sbb122 , @FaCe-LeE-uS and @dare2be can attest. If you grew up in Pittsburgh you just knew, never ever go swimming in any of the rivers.

To this day I gag a little at seeing people jump into that water.
00c083de990dea9813e1dd154ccc2176cf44d99f.gif

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny (maybe not to some) but I could watch a zombie movie and tell you what is actually accurate and what is over the top.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@sbb122 , @FaCe-LeE-uS and @dare2be can attest. If you grew up in Pittsburgh you just knew, never ever go swimming in any of the rivers.

To this day I gag a little at seeing people jump into that water.
There are people who fish in those rivers and eat the fish they catch

Ugh

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh

there is a lake called Stump Lake in BC where you can rent cabins. My brother reserved a few for my Stag. You can fish for Rainbow Trout, Kokanee, and Prickly Sculpin which my friends did. I just drank and boated around a bit... They brought some Rainbow back and we came back a little late and saw they were cooking some before we could tell them that the area they caught those in also served as the sewer dump as we took our boats past where they were and accidentally found it. they were commenting on how funny the fish tasted when we arrived and we had to tell them.

man that was gross to see them eating that

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a lake called Stump Lake in BC where you can rent cabins. My brother reserved a few for my Stag. You can fish for Rainbow Trout, Kokanee, and Prickly Sculpin which my friends did. I just drank and boated around a bit... They brought some Rainbow back and we came back a little late and saw they were cooking some before we could tell them that the area they caught those in also served as the sewer dump as we took our boats past where they were and accidentally found it. they were commenting on how funny the fish tasted when we arrived and we had to tell them.

man that was gross to see them eating that
Part of the reason I say no thanks to crawfish boils or crawfish in general from New Orleans.

1687822138619.jpeg
This is all the watershed that flows down to the Mississippi River and through New Orleans. Just imagine all the sewer dumps, waste from mills, dead bodies, treatment waste from sewer systems that flows through the delta.

And Pittsburgh is just the tip of this whole thing.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh
Scuba diving in the Chesapeake played a major role in me not eating seafood of any kind.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason I say no thanks to crawfish boils or crawfish in general from New Orleans.

View attachment 332555
This is all the watershed that flows down to the Mississippi River and through New Orleans. Just imagine all the sewer dumps, waste from mills, dead bodies, treatment waste from sewer systems that flows through the delta.

And Pittsburgh is just the tip of this whole thing.
Not to mention Toxic Train Derailment Juice.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seafood is disgusting

Was having a conversation about lobster once with a friend. She was going on about how she loved it.
I mentioned to her, think of it this way. It is a bottom feeder in the ocean that eats all the fish shit, puke, guts and whatever crap we throw overboard.

I think to this day she hates me for her no longer eating lobster. :D

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was having a conversation about lobster once with a friend. She was going on about how she loved it.
I mentioned to her, think of it this way. It is a bottom feeder in the ocean that eats all the fish shit, puke, guts and whatever crap we throw overboard.

I tell my seafood eating friends this all the time. They still eat it.

I fish, but don't keep what I catch unless someone requests it, because I don't eat seafood.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It also was poor people food and dirt cheap. Even the fisherman wouldn't eat it, they mainly fed it to prisoners and livestock. Then rich people from New York started traveling to Maine and the locals convinced them it was a delicacy so they didn't have to eat it and could afford better food.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also was poor people food and dirt cheap. Even the fisherman wouldn't eat it, they mainly fed it to prisoners and livestock. Then rich people from New York started traveling to Maine and the locals convinced them it was a delicacy so they didn't have to eat it and could afford better food.
I think also the British used it as waste food for all their prisoners they dumped in Australia.