• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Eakins is a hell of a coach...

tumblr_lxt690wwew1r5sdu4o1_500.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I don’t know how to explain it,” Hemsky said Monday morning, surrounded by waves of reporters in his first appearance at Canadian Tire Centre since Wednesday’s trade to Ottawa from Edmonton. “If somebody knew, they should step up and help them, but they haven’t figured it out yet.

“Maybe it’s just the kids. They have to step up and lead the team to the playoffs. They’ve been there for a long time and it’s their time, you know. They can’t only blame older guys or change their fourth line. They’ve got to start leading the team to the playoffs. Be leaders. That’s probably the one thing.

Senators notebook: Hemsky says Oilers youngsters need to become leaders, Hoffman and Fisher look back | Ottawa Senators Extra

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not laughing at you anymore oilers just near you now

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like this team, its exciting

792418_1312287505391_full.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Cullen taking shots at the Oil in his Power Rankings:

9-4-3 in the past 16 games, the Oilers still have the second-fewest points in the league. Nothing like getting some wins and not losing lottery position -- pretty much ideal for a (perpetually) rebuilding team.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think I know a little something about winning" - Kevin Lowe at the MacTavish hiring news conference

If winning is being able to keep your job through brown nosing your idiot owner/BFF, then I guess he does.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good for scrivens. man that team took it hard tonight.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The frustration continued for Edmonton as a jersey was thrown on the ice soon afterwards, prompting Scrivens to hook it up with his stick and fling it back into the crowd.

"I always feel like as a fan, you pay your money and you get to do whatever you want," Scrivens explained. "If you want to boo me, jeer me, call me every name, you are entitled to that. You could spit on me for all I care, if I deserve it. But when I see a jersey thrown on the ice… I'm from here. You are not just disrespecting the guys in this room, you are disrespecting guys who wore this jersey before us. All of the great guys who have pulled this sweater over their heads, Gretzky, Messier, they all took great pride wearing that jersey.

"That logo is a sacred thing for us. It is disheartening for me to see our fans treat it that way."

He's got a brass set.

Beginning to like him down

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think I know a little something about winning" - Kevin Lowe at the MacTavish hiring news conference

If winning is being able to keep your job through brown nosing your idiot owner/BFF, then I guess he does.

I'm not going to defend his competency as a GM but the guys has won 6 Stanley Cups so I have a feeling that was what he was talking about. So IMO he does deserve a little respect as far as his playing career goes.

Also you can't blame the Oilers problems solely on Lowe. There's been a steady stream of mistakes in Edmonton from questionable drafting strategies to over valuing players trade value & hiring the complete wrong coaches due to them not coaching to the strengths of the players they have. The Oilers could be a very good team if they could acquire a few key pieces and actually play a system that is tailored to their speed and skill level. I would expect to see them very active at the draft in trade negotiations and during FA.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to defend his competency as a GM but the guys has won 6 Stanley Cups so I have a feeling that was what he was talking about. So IMO he does deserve a little respect as far as his playing career goes.

Also you can't blame the Oilers problems solely on Lowe. There's been a steady stream of mistakes in Edmonton from questionable drafting strategies to over valuing players trade value & hiring the complete wrong coaches due to them not coaching to the strengths of the players they have. The Oilers could be a very good team if they could acquire a few key pieces and actually play a system that is tailored to their speed and skill level. I would expect to see them very active at the draft in trade negotiations and during FA.

I just remember he's the oilers president not GM. On the plus side I'm still drinking as the sun comes up so that's a huge success. :yahoo:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a brass set.

Beginning to like him down

i respect what he said but does launching it back into the stands with a stick not show a level of disrespect to the Logo as well? Just saying. I agree with him 100% but his reaction while fantastic is still a little disrespectful, I liked what Eakins did earlier this year when he just picked up the Jersey.