• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Rick Westhead tweet:

New Oilers GM Stan Bowman said he has built a positive relationship with Kyle Beach over the past year. Bowman was asked today if he has contacted "John Doe 2," the high-school player sexually assaulted by Brad Aldrich after he left the Blackhawks organization in 2010.Bowman didn't answer directly. He said: "Anyone negatively impacted, I feel for them and I certainly wish they don’t go through it. "John Doe 2 doesn't have the freedom to share his perspective and story publicly unless and until the Blackhawks release him from a non-disclosure agreement he had to sign when the NHL team settled his lawsuit.

My interview with John Doe 2's mother:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooled a bit.

Stan Bowman should never be allowed to GM AGAIN after what he did with Kyle Mother fucking Beach.

The fact he was even considered in a slap in the face of every sexual assault survivor in the whole God Damn world.

Just utterly pathetic and Bullshit

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stole this from another board and it's an excellent recap...

The sexual assault happened in 2010. Bowman went on to be the GM for 11 years after that. Won 3 cups. Went to the Olympics as GM of the USA Men's Hockey team. The guy flourished for over a decade knowing that he had destroyed the life of a young man, offered a glowing endorsement of the abuser who went on to assault a 16 year old boy in Michigan. Bowman had chance after chance after chance to come clean about this. Doing the right thing was an option for a very long time. He didn't go to jail. He just lost his job. Plenty of NHL GMs lose their job who did not bury a sexual assault allegation who never got a "second chance". The guy takes a sensitivity training course and he is all good? He should be no where near a hockey rink.
Can not agree more with that recap. Know it wasn’t yours but that’s an excellent post.

Probably not long before he brings in other guys who were involved with this as well.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite reply to this was something. like

You know, besides all that double murder stuff, OJ was a hell of a running back

Yeah, I think that might have been a reply to a Matthew Barnaby tweet. Here's a tip, when you start a tweet with the words "Scandal aside", you know it's not going to go well.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that might have been a reply to a Matthew Barnaby tweet. Here's a tip, when you start a tweet with the words "Scandal aside", you know it's not going to go well.
That clown is on my top three list of most hated penguins ever