• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're not a hockey team. They're a poorly written reality show.

Next, they will hire these two as ice girls:
honey-boo-boo.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not a hockey team. They're a poorly written reality show.

a bit of both really

they ARE a hockey team ... albeit a junior one

and they have a poorly written reality show

[YOUTUBE]erE-oWDp0Mo[/YOUTUBE]

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's recap shall we:

- During the offseason, Kevin Lowe says opinions of fans that don't attend games (in his words Tier 2 fans) do not matter to him.

- A fan attending a game shows his displeasure by taking off his jersey and throwing it on the ice is labelled a quitter and full of crap by Dallas Eakins

- Another fan attending a game voicing his displeasure gets into a shouting match with Craig MacTavish

That's one hell of an organization in Edmonton.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jstew's earlier post about fans losing their 'FIRE LOWE' signs at the Blues - Oilers game the other night got me thinking. Why not bring some positive signs to a upcoming Oilers game?

"Eakins for Adams"
"Lowe for Life"
"MacT Rulez"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As written by Terry Jones of The Edmonton Sun, Oilers GM Craig MacTavish looks like he's keen on retaining the team's first-round pick in this June's NHL draft.

Upon his hiring, MacTavish said the team didn't, "need another teenager, another 18-year-old kid coming in here next year," but Jones writes the perspective could change if the Oilers have a top five pick.

Um, pretty much a certainty the Oilers will wind up with a top 5 pick, a quick glance at the NHL standings should confirm that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ference pulls out the Brian Burke "Pittsburgh model"...

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly
Andrew Ference on Oilers trying to use #Penguins as a model organization: "It’s tough to emulate winning a lottery and getting Crosby."

Considering how many games Crosby has missed due to injury, that's pretty insulting to the Penguins.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ference pulls out the Brian Burke "Pittsburgh model"...

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly
Andrew Ference on Oilers trying to use #Penguins as a model organization: "It’s tough to emulate winning a lottery and getting Crosby."

Considering how many games Crosby has missed due to injury, that's pretty insulting to the Penguins.

Come on dash can you really compare Crosby, Malkin, & Fleury to Hall, Nugent Hopkins & Yakupov. The Penguins were fortunate their were two generational talents available in 2004. Then they got Crosby the next year. Pittsburgh isn't perfect. They took Jordan Staal over Jonathan Toews in 2006. Heck they could have taken Phil Kessel over Staal as well. I still think the league gave Crosby to Pittsburgh to save the franchise.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dash can you really compare Crosby, Malkin, & Fleury to Hall, Nugent Hopkins & Yakupov. The Penguins were fortunate their were two generational talents available in 2004. Then they got Crosby the next year. Pittsburgh isn't perfect. They took Jordan Staal over Jonathan Toews in 2006. Heck they could have taken Phil Kessel over Staal as well. I still think the league gave Crosby to Pittsburgh to save the franchise.

No, that's true, I would say Crosby and Malkin are both elite/generational talents, but the Penguins have also done a fine job drafting depth players and developing guys in the AHL that they can plug-and-play into the lineup when injuries occur.

Also, can you tell me what players the Oilers have drafted in rounds 2 and 3 that are filling out the roster? Any crap flinging marmoset can select the Number 1 overall pick three years running, but you need to find the solid players in rounds 2 and 3 that forms the glue of your team.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's true, I would say Crosby and Malkin are both elite/generational talents, but the Penguins have also done a fine job drafting depth players and developing guys in the AHL that they can plug-and-play into the lineup when injuries occur.

Also, can you tell me what players the Oilers have drafted in rounds 2 and 3 that are filling out the roster? Any crap flinging marmoset can select the Number 1 overall pick three years running, but you need to find the solid players in rounds 2 and 3 that forms the glue of your team.

The bottom line is Kevin Lowe is lousy at drafting players. His staff seems to be clueless. I mean they had three 1st round picks in 2007 & only one, Sam Gagner is on the team. Their 2nd & 3rd round picks in recent years have or had promise, but haven't performed up to expectations. The revolving door of head coaches hasn't helped matters either.

It does take a bit of time for guys to develop, but the Oilers don't seem to be able to develop the talent properly. I can give you a good example. I bashed the pick when the Isles took Calvin De Haan in 2009. I wanted Kulikov or Kassian. De Haan missed most of 2 years of development due to injuries. Many Isles fans had written him off including me.The kid couldn't stay healthy. Well he's been healthy this year. He waited his turn to be called up. Guys like Matt Donovan & Aaron Ness were given opportunities before he was. Since he's been up with the Isles De Haan has played very well. Yeah he got burned by Crosby on an OT winner, but every D in the league is going to have problems with Crosby. The kid has been solid. We all want every pick to make the NHL, but the truth is many 1st rounders don't pan out, not just guys picked in round 7.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CKNW ‏@CKNW 3m
Former Canucks captain Mark Messier has joined the Edmonton Oilers as an "advisor" to the team

laughing-face-meme-11.png

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of getting rid of the old boys club, they're bringing them all back...

/When does Glenn 'Deadbeat Dad' Anderson become a special consultant to the team?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of getting rid of the old boys club, they're bringing them all back...

/When does Glenn 'Deadbeat Dad' Anderson become a special consultant to the team?

Assistant of the consultant or Special consultant to the consultant

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he can consult from his home in Turks and Caicos ... Lowe would prob think its a great idea ... teach the kids to wrap it up (if you get my drift) ... sounds like the Oiler thing to do :nod:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens also knew how to help their star players be comfortable. Sid lived with Mario. Make fun of that all you want, but that helped. Malkin had Gonchar to be his Russian confidant. I'm not close enough to the situation in EDM to really judge it, but are they doing things like that with their youth? I know Yak has already been written off. He needs guy to mentor him, IMO. And probably a Russian. The Pens also were able to build around their stars. The Cup win wasn't all Sid/Geno. I mean, it was a lot of Geno, but it was having a good goalie, and an insulating defense. Neither exists in Edmonton.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Messier have the same number of Cup rings as Lowe? This could be setting up to be a power struggle.

/Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens also knew how to help their star players be comfortable. Sid lived with Mario. Make fun of that all you want, but that helped. Malkin had Gonchar to be his Russian confidant. I'm not close enough to the situation in EDM to really judge it, but are they doing things like that with their youth? I know Yak has already been written off. He needs guy to mentor him, IMO. And probably a Russian. The Pens also were able to build around their stars. The Cup win wasn't all Sid/Geno. I mean, it was a lot of Geno, but it was having a good goalie, and an insulating defense. Neither exists in Edmonton.

no one wants to put their youth in Messiers house