• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me thinks canucks dodged a bullet on the coach choice of this one

yah ... i would have never thought Eakins would have been the one who was the loose cannon spouting off with idiotic public comments (as opposed to Torts)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me thinks canucks dodged a bullet on the coach choice of this one

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - how in the hell were the Canucks even considering this guy in the first place

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was thinking the same thing - how in the hell were the Canucks even considering this guy in the first place

I dint believe him at the time ... but Jason Botchford said back then that they brought him in because they knew he was going to end up with a divisional "rival" in the Coilers and they wanted to pick his brain and see what to expect from the oilers

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah ... i would have never thought Eakins would have been the one who was the loose cannon spouting off with idiotic public comments (as opposed to Torts)

the way he had been touted is not what Im seeing but this team is mind blowing I know its not all him but he sure cant control these guys.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way he had been touted is not what Im seeing but this team is mind blowing I know its not all him but he sure cant control these guys.

They don't have enough veterans on this team who are not only good players but players who have won before - Andrew Ference was a good start but they need more guys like that - there are very few "winners" on this team

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have enough veterans on this team who are not only good players but players who have won before - Andrew Ference was a good start but they need more guys like that - there are very few "winners" on this team

its fun to watch at least :D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you take a step back ... nothing has changed with the Coilers ... all those top picks and they are still a midget team up front ... and Im not going Lars Eller here ... although it fits ... they are still a wee man team

get some fucking size/gumption for a change

Monahan and Horvat will eventually make these little tykes cry

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the biggest think lacking for the Oilers is the lack of a cycle game (and that is likely due to the fact that they are pretty small up front). I mean, if the Oilers don't score off the rush, that's essentially it, they are one and done. In today's NHL, you need to win puck battles along the boards and get the opponents tired which often leads to a breakdown and a good scoring chance. I rarely see much of a cycle in the opponents defensive zone for the Oil.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TSNRyanRishaug: Can confirm it was a Hemsky jersey, and an imitation in the 35 dollar range.. not a real one. That’s some investigative reporting, I know.

So not only a quitter, but a cheap quitter?!? Carry on Eakins.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, Dreger supports Eakins (and by association, Lowe and MacT). Don't want to do anything to ruin that precious insider status, right Darren?

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Eakins pays huge compliment to people of Edmonton and calls out 1 individual for disrespecting the Oilers by throwing sweater on the ice...

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

I don't understand the backlash? The team should be sour with so-called fan...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goyetche said while he was very much making his own personal statement in the moment, that statement isn't that he's going to stop going to games or even that he's never going to wear an Oiler sweater to an Oiler game again.

“I'm a loyal fan. I just felt I had to do something to express how I felt. I have four more Oilers sweaters I own. I think I'll bring out the Ryan Nugent-Hopkins one for my next game.”

Sounds like a pretty good fan to me - Maybe Eakins and Dreger should do a little research before spouting off :noidea:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember about 8 or 9 years ago a season ticket holder of one of the middle to lower tier premiership teams ran onto the pitch and light his season tickets on fire - it takes that kind of dedication to get anything done.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goyetche said while he was very much making his own personal statement in the moment, that statement isn't that he's going to stop going to games or even that he's never going to wear an Oiler sweater to an Oiler game again.

“I'm a loyal fan. I just felt I had to do something to express how I felt. I have four more Oilers sweaters I own. I think I'll bring out the Ryan Nugent-Hopkins one for my next game.”

Sounds like a pretty good fan to me - Maybe Eakins and Dreger should do a little research before spouting off :noidea:

I think he spoke the loudest of all the Oilers fans really. he stepped up and showed everyone it was him. I applaud him

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger is a curmudgeon, he needs to get his stuff out of a bunch

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Dreger getting roasted on twitter:

Wyatt Arndt ‏@TheStanchion 52m @DarrenDreger The team has nothing to gain by labeling emotional, non criminal acts as a sign of someone being a "bad fan".

Bryn Griffiths ‏@BrynMightyMouth 51m @DarrenDreger Year 8 of a rebuild. Paying Tier 1 customers have every right to be 'agitated'. #theyregoingbackwards

Brough ‏@JasonPHT 50m @DarrenDreger As a general rule, it's never a good idea to call out a frustrated fan when you're dead last in the conference.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ylMeMrn.gif

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00