• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe RNH is the 2nd line center and Draisaitl would be 3rd line center. That NA-Russia game was the best I've seen RNH look in a couple of years (he was flying out there). Just the addition of McDavid pushing those two guys down should help the Oil, but the defense corps still looks shaky. Adam Larsson will help, but as the article states, the Oil need to improve by at least 20 points to even have a sniff at the playoffs. That is no easy feat.
I dunno about Leon on the 3rd line. He's got the potential to be a better Sasha Barkov and he could realistically do that this season. He needs minutes.

And I don't disagree with you re: RNH's play thus far, which is why I think it's going to be fun to see how they play this. They've tried and failed before to switch RNH to the wing, no? If that's not an option, they might be shooting themselves in the foot by keeping him around.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about Leon on the 3rd line. He's got the potential to be a better Sasha Barkov and he could realistically do that this season. He needs minutes.

And I don't disagree with you re: RNH's play thus far, which is why I think it's going to be fun to see how they play this. They've tried and failed before to switch RNH to the wing, no? If that's not an option, they might be shooting themselves in the foot by keeping him around.

I'm just glad the Oil didn't win the draft lottery, could you imagine Matthews and McJesus as linemates on the Oil? Still tough to take that JP fell into their laps, come on Columbus, you had one job :D

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad the Oil didn't win the draft lottery, could you imagine Matthews and McJesus as linemates on the Oil? Still tough to take that JP fell into their laps, come on Columbus, you had one job :D

Does it involve cannons? Because we can do cannons.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Katz: "We have a new barn opening, we made a splash in free agency, we were gifted a very talented winger in the draft once again and we have a guy who might be the best player in the league in a matter of months. We have done everything we can to make coming down to an Oilers game as soothing and fun as possible. I think we just need a clincher, a great mascot that will make all the kids smile and look great when participating in on-ice activities between periods. Make it happen."

Oilers Trusted Braintrust: "Say no more."

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Too bad Hartley is no longer behind the Flames bench, I don't see Gully being the type of guy who would rip out a mascot's tongue.

/Payback time

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, his main job will be to keep Rogers Place clean as a ref's whistle...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like a warm cuddly mascot that appeals to the youngsters...

a2015-4-656836.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching that fucker in motion I can now confirm I had nightmares as a child featuring something resembling this monster.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the only way this could have gone worse would be if the Oilers would have named their mascot "Derrick" and it would have been shaped like a drill...