• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt know Oilers changed their jersey ?:think: ?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty durn funny how the above three posts contain the word 'sucks'.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, if PLD doesn't pan out for Columbus, that will go down as a huge mistake for Jarmo and JD.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, if PLD doesn't pan out for Columbus, that will go down as another in a long line of huge mistakes for Jarmo and JD.

FTFY

But he got the GWG last night in the prospects tourney, so the kool aid drinkers are just about to proclaim him Gretzky 2.0.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, if PLD doesn't pan out for Columbus, that will go down as a huge mistake for Jarmo and JD.
It's going to be tough to judge. I think both players will pan out alright but eventually JP is going to play alongside McDavid and likely benefit greatly by being linemates with one of the best players in the game. Dubois' best linemate will probably be Saad, which isn't bad but isn't McDavid obviously. If you flip it and put JP on Columbus sans 1C (or even try him out at 1C) it may have had a worse end-result for the Jackets.

It'll get clearer with time but right now, given that it's not like CBJ were the only guys trying to draft Dubois at 3 I'll give the guys who traded for David Clarkson the benefit of the doubt.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tough to judge. I think both players will pan out alright but eventually JP is going to play alongside McDavid and likely benefit greatly by being linemates with one of the best players in the game. Dubois' best linemate will probably be Saad, which isn't bad but isn't McDavid obviously. If you flip it and put JP on Columbus sans 1C (or even try him out at 1C) it may have had a worse end-result for the Jackets.

It'll get clearer with time but right now, given that it's not like CBJ were the only guys trying to draft Dubois at 3 I'll give the guys who traded for David Clarkson the benefit of the doubt.

If Bjorkstrand can keep up his history of adjusting to every level of the game to the NHL, that gives PLD Saad and Bjork on his wings for some time to come, provided the coach sees why that can be a good thing. Again, not McDavid, but should help sway some positive favor towards Dubois.

That said, I still think Poolparty was the right choice for the Jackets. Jenner and Wennberg can play center (plus they eventually signed another in Gagner) so with Puljujarvi that makes your top wingers JP and Saad with Bjorkstrand playing somewhere else benefiting from less attention from opponents' top D pairs. Eggs in one basket and all that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bjorkstrand can keep up his history of adjusting to every level of the game to the NHL, that gives PLD Saad and Bjork on his wings for some time to come, provided the coach sees why that can be a good thing. Again, not McDavid, but should help sway some positive favor towards Dubois.

That said, I still think Poolparty was the right choice for the Jackets. Jenner and Wennberg can play center (plus they eventually signed another in Gagner) so with Puljujarvi that makes your top wingers JP and Saad with Bjorkstrand playing somewhere else benefiting from less attention from opponents' top D pairs. Eggs in one basket and all that.
To my untrained eye I also take JP but as long as a way higher premium is put on C's over wingers GM's are always going to opt for the former if given the chance.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$50 says the Oilers were only offering Russell a PTO.

I think he (Russell) wants at least a 2 year commitment and I think the Oilers were only offering 1 year. I have also heard that other teams are interested in Russell, so I wouldn't be surprised if they (Russell and his agent) are still looking at some offers. I really don't want to see Kris in Edmonton as I do like him :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously, is RNH their 3rd line C now? Even if they start JP down there too that just seems kinda loopy. What do they think is gonna happen to his trade value when he starts putting up a 40 pt pace because nobody he gives the puck to can do anything with it?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously, is RNH their 3rd line C now? Even if they start JP down there too that just seems kinda loopy. What do they think is gonna happen to his trade value when he starts putting up a 40 pt pace because nobody he gives the puck to can do anything with it?

I have to believe RNH is the 2nd line center and Draisaitl would be 3rd line center. That NA-Russia game was the best I've seen RNH look in a couple of years (he was flying out there). Just the addition of McDavid pushing those two guys down should help the Oil, but the defense corps still looks shaky. Adam Larsson will help, but as the article states, the Oil need to improve by at least 20 points to even have a sniff at the playoffs. That is no easy feat.