• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with that - I think MacT has made some nice moves this off-season and I think he along with Eakins will change the culture in Edmonton.

/You also have to like that fact that Detroit and Columbus are now out East, that's two less teams to fight with for a playoff spot

//Playoffs? Playoffs?

Not so much happy about Columbus leaving as Detroit. One of those two has a history of icing winning teams. But yes, the West top 8 got a lot easier to crack now.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you both will be happy with Vancouver's Decline upcoming. This year is scraps and spare parts and a goalie that is not supposed to be here so its going to be hard to gauge how he will perform. Only saving grace is he was named to the Canadian Roster so he has that to play for more, this Canucks team is in no way a real contender (maybe to some on paper) but older, not so deep and certainly on the down slide will feed the haters a ton this year. going to be fun to watch

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you both will be happy with Vancouver's Decline upcoming. This year is scraps and spare parts and a goalie that is not supposed to be here so its going to be hard to gauge how he will perform. Only saving grace is he was named to the Canadian Roster so he has that to play for more, this Canucks team is in no way a real contender (maybe to some on paper) but older, not so deep and certainly on the down slide will feed the haters a ton this year. going to be fun to watch

Not really happy about it. We need as many Canadian teams being contenders as possible, especially here out west. Just seems as though our clubs here in the land where hockey is king are stuck with people running them that are clueless.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems that the Sharks have been declining for years. The Vancouver still has good hockey left in them and I would be willing to bet that they make a few runs before blowing it up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really comedy gold, but this is our designated thread for Oilers related news:

#Oilers have agreed to terms with forward Jujhar Khaira (@jujhar94) on a three-year entry-level contract. pic.twitter.com/zdRJOw1IZs

BRFjQ-PCAAIPg0O.jpg:large

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some comedy gold:

tsnscottcullen: 17 G, 52 A, +18, 48 GP with Zug last yr. RT @EdmontonOilers #Oilers have agreed to terms with forward Linus Omark on a one-year contract.

/Can't wait until they run this guy out of Edmonton for a second time.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have an Oilers fan on here. Dash has had an open license* to rip the Oil for far too long :)

/Licenses can be picked up for free at your local Canadian Tire.

Now all we need is an oil fan predicting they'll score 450 goals this year (remember that guy....)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has a chance to be comedy gold

They jack him around on his contract for the past couple of years while giving the other kids mega deals and now he may be named captain

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]372561137109180416[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has a chance to be comedy gold

They jack him around on his contract for the past couple of years while giving the other kids mega deals and now he may be named captain

gagner-fail.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton city council is set to vote next week on a motion to retire the "City of Champions" slogan in favour of a new handle, "Make Something Edmonton."

The proposal gained more traction Friday night after the latest loss for the Edmonton Eskimos to that dastardly football team down the Queen Elizabeth II Highway.

For the second season in a row and the fourth time in the last five seasons, the Calgary Stampeders swept the Labour Day series with a 22-12 victory under the lights before a crowd off 33,654 at Commonwealth Stadium.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe chimed in with his slogan: "SIX RINGS BITCHES!"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton city council has a real shot to do this thing right

Bring on steve armitage as a consultant and let him brainstorm a thought cloud

Perhaps:

"Edmonton: brother sister love"

Or

"Edmonton: women with bruises on their legs"

SoundCloud Mobile

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Edmonton media up in arms because Eakins replaced the doughnuts with a fruit and veggie tray.

/ha ha

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staples comparing the Oilers to the Penguins and Hawks - Also, who the hell is Patrick Forsberg?

There?s no valid excuse for the Edmonton Oilers not to be in the playoff hunt | Edmonton Journal

Does anyone think that a single member of the Oilers current core will ever be (or come close to being) as good as Potvin, Sakic, Trottier, Forsberg, Crosby or Toews? Some of this stuff is just delusional.

I'm not saying it is the Oilers' fault, and they may end up being a perennial contender, but their high draft picks DO NOT project into the types of core players mentioned in that article. I think they hit the skids in the wrong years.