• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Brown also was injured tonight...

/Sorry, I feel like I'm piling on.

How is this piling on? It's good news, I would guess that his 0.09 points per game are eminently replaceable

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacTavish says he’s not the eternal optimist.

“I actually gravitate to the negative side of things normally,” he said.

Explains how he wound up in Edmonton.

My favorite part was right after your quote:

but I’ve been reasonably pleased with the personnel. I see progress.
Another one I found...interesting
I’m seeing a pretty resilient group here

Thank you Craig.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the moral of the story ... STOP SUCKING!

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i shouldnt laugh those things shouldnt happen with family around. but I laughed. poor kid. but yeah stop sucking. I remember Dan Cloutier (my wife knows him) used to say he would be eating at a restaraunt on a patio with Jovo and Bert and people would scream at him how much he sucked. There are limits to what fans can do that is acceptable to me. its a game at the end of teh day.

the moral of the story ... STOP SUCKING!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i shouldnt laugh those things shouldnt happen with family around. but I laughed. poor kid. but yeah stop sucking. I remember Dan Cloutier (my wife knows him) used to say he would be eating at a restaraunt on a patio with Jovo and Bert and people would scream at him how much he sucked. There are limits to what fans can do that is acceptable to me. its a game at the end of teh day.

This post brought to you by the friends of Ilya Bryzgalov association.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you imagine if the Oilers just sucked for all the time they had all these 1st overalls and top draft picks and they just turned these guys into average players for their careers...

man that would be fun...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Yak's case, NHL stands for Not Here Long...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure this will make sense. When the Oilers drafter Yak they drafted purely on the mindset of getting the most talented player available instead of drafting the player that would make them a more talented TEAM... when they probably should have drafted Murray to help their defense.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure this will make sense. When the Oilers drafter Yak they drafted purely on the mindset of getting the most talented player available instead of drafting the player that would make them a more talented TEAM... when they probably should have drafted Murray to help their defense.

I'm not sure Murray was the D they would have selected. I remember Bob MacKenzie saying the Oilers seriously considered taking Griffen Reinhart with the 1st overall pick.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Murray was the D they would have selected. I remember Bob MacKenzie saying the Oilers seriously considered taking Griffen Reinhart with the 1st overall pick.

nope Ive heard BobMac and lebrun both say in the past couple of weeks pretty much everybody on that staff wanted Murray ...

Katz made the call on Yak and Lowe bent over

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope Ive heard BobMac and lebrun both say in the past couple of weeks pretty much everybody on that staff wanted Murray ...

Katz made the call on Yak and Lowe bent over

They obviously made a mistake in taking Yakupov. I just remember after the Isles took Reinhart it was mentioned that Edmonton considered him at #1.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I forgot all about daylight savings.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this still makes me laugh

4. The Oilers don’t have any glaring needs. With Schultz, Ladi Smid and Jeff Petry, the Oilers have three outstanding-to-solid young d-men to build around, so the notion of trading for expensive Dion Phaneuf or less proven Jake Gardiner isn’t enticing. P.K. Subban is going to have a large price tag, too, and I know this will mark me as an Oilers fan, but I don’t love Subban’s game more than Petry’s game

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3QWaaRX.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this still makes me laugh

4. The Oilers don’t have any glaring needs. With Schultz, Ladi Smid and Jeff Petry, the Oilers have three outstanding-to-solid young d-men to build around, so the notion of trading for expensive Dion Phaneuf or less proven Jake Gardiner isn’t enticing. P.K. Subban is going to have a large price tag, too, and I know this will mark me as an Oilers fan, but I don’t love Subban’s game more than Petry’s game

That one always cracked me up too.

Since we're re-hashing...

7NYPt.jpg

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still holding off my judgement of Yakupov. I mean he is still only 19 for Christ sake

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still holding off my judgement of Yakupov. I mean he is still only 19 for Christ sake

20 now... I expect more! :)

Actually I don't think any of us are harping on Yakupov. More on the writer of that hot stinking pile of fandom.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Ference sounds off:

“Right from the start of the season I’ve been sick of what’s going on here,” he said. “You get that feeling as soon as you get here - the intentions are in the right spot on an individual basis but it’s just a matter of putting into action lessons that we’re supposed to be learning.”

Which they’re not doing.

“The coach comes in here and gives a pretty black and white world of what expectations are and what you’re supposed to be doing on the ice and it’s up to us as players to do those jobs,” said Ference. “What it boils down to at this point is guys not doing it. Everybody is saying the right thing but it’s the action that matters.

“It’s like nothing soaked in. We have to hold each other accountable because there’s no excuse for it. It’s not a league where you can win when guys are trying to do things on their own page - there’s a team system for a reason.”

They’ll be saying a lot of the same things head coach Dallas Eakins is, but face-to-face peer pressure might have more impact.

“It has to start within the team,” said Smid. “The coach can come in here and yell and sit people in the box, but we have to start it in here, we have to make each other (play harder and smarter).”

Edmonton Oilers: 'Sick of what's going on' | Oilers | Sports | Edmonton Sun