• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the trade - how does Eberle fit into it? Does Sbisa have to be involved as well?

Bettman only makes that announcement i referred to above for canucks trades involving goalies so yes ... Sbisa will be involved

Sbisa and Miller for the #1 pick

/BOOK IT!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
EDM fired head amateur scout Stu MacGregor tonight as well as two other amateur scouts and one pro scout.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
EDM changes involve both head amateur scout Stu MacGregor and head pro scout Morey Gare. Both had been with organization for over a decade.

Draft is 6 days away (lol)

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDM fired head amateur scout Stu MacGregor tonight as well as two other amateur scouts and one pro scout.

EDM changes involve both head amateur scout Stu MacGregor and head pro scout Morey Gare. Both had been with organization for over a decade.

EDM has cemented Gold status and may be pushing Canada's team for Platinum.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those mgmt meetings in kelowna must have been something

But getting rid of those clowns might be good for the coil even with the draft in 6 days

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stu: Okay, everyone is talking about McDavid. Saying he's a consensus #1. But let's think about this logically. We need Defense.
Morey: Yeah, we've got scoring punch. And remember a few years back everyone was talking about how Murray was the consensus #1. And we didn't take him. Everyone was talking about that Seth Jones kid going first too. Just because a guy is expected first, doesn't mean he needs to go first.
Stu: Right, so we've been doing some research and we think Provorov. He plays D, and can be friends with Yak and Nikitin.
Devin Crowe, a guy who looks suspiciously like Lowe but with a big mustache: See? That's the type of thinking that gets us a roster every other team wants. I LOVE IT.

Chiarelli: *rubbing temples* Someone kill those three. I'm heading to Florida. All I need is a laptop and access to Hockey's future.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey: Yeah, we've got scoring punch. And remember a few years back everyone was talking about how Murray was the consensus #1. And we didn't take him. Everyone was talking about that Seth Jones kid going first too. Just because a guy is expected first, doesn't mean he needs to go first.
Not amongst Blue Jackets fans... :whistle:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people were pissed that EDM got #1 because they expected them to take Murray and we'd have gotten stuck with Yak.
I seem to recall the "Fail for Nail" chorus was centered around Blue Jackets fans. Guess I could be wrong, though.

Best player in the draft went 5th anyway :whistle:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people were pissed that EDM got #1 because they expected them to take Murray and we'd have gotten stuck with Yak.

Reminds me when Montreal had the 5th overall and jackets the 6th and the jackets got all excited they got their player. MacLean was so excited in a video about Montreal taking he goalie! Carey Price and Gilbert Brule....

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall the "Fail for Nail" chorus was centered around Blue Jackets fans. Guess I could be wrong, though.

Best player in the draft went 5th anyway :whistle:

Maybe among some, but there is a faction of Leafs fans that want Dion to stay forever. Most people I know never wanted Yak. Too much potential to flake out.

And the number you are looking for is not 5th, it's 11th (Filip Forsberg).

Reminds me when Montreal had the 5th overall and jackets the 6th and the jackets got all excited they got their player. MacLean was so excited in a video about Montreal taking he goalie! Carey Price and Gilbert Brule....

Just one of the many reasons why Doug MacLean is not allowed anywhere near an NHL front office ever again.

Fucking Zherdev when the next 4 were:
Vanek
Michalek
Suter
Coburn

Phaneuf, Carter, Dustin Brown, Seabrook and Getzlaf all went later too. Then he takes Dan Fritsche in the second and fucking Matt Carle was next and SHEA FUCKING WEBER was 2 later. You gotta be a serious fuckup to get nothing out of a draft that deep.

Then went and got Filatov a few years later. :L

But maybe that was Howson. Which is not better in any way.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe among some, but there is a faction of Leafs fans that want Dion to stay forever. Most people I know never wanted Yak. Too much potential to flake out.

And the number you are looking for is not 5th, it's 11th (Filip Forsberg).

Just one of the many reasons why Doug MacLean is not allowed anywhere near an NHL front office ever again.

Fucking Zherdev when the next 4 were:
Vanek
Michalek
Suter
Coburn

Phaneuf, Carter, Dustin Brown, Seabrook and Getzlaf all went later too. Then he takes Dan Fritsche in the second and fucking Matt Carle was next and SHEA FUCKING WEBER was 2 later. You gotta be a serious fuckup to get nothing out of a draft that deep.

Then went and got Filatov a few years later. :L

But maybe that was Howson. Which is not better in any way.

Filatov is on Howson

At least Doug MacLean still has Rick Nash to celebrate about!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Nicholson and Chia are cleaning out all the old boys...

Joanne Ireland @jirelandEJ
Pro scout Dave Semenko and advisor Billy Moores have also been cut loose by the #Oilers.