• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying all these parade preparations that Oilers fans are making, maybe one day they will actually be playing meaningful games past American Thanksgiving.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McLellan has been named the Edmonton Oilers' new head coach, signing a five year deal with the organization on Tuesday.. McLellan, who had served as San Jose head coach since 2008-09, left the Sharks by mutual agreement on Apr. 20. Last week, he helped lead Team Canada to its first gold medal at the World Hockey Championship since 2007.

Five years in Edmonton (probably not as good a movie as Seven Years in Tibet)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that you should never ever feel sorry for Oilers fans - A post taken from another board from a guy with the handle amazing_oilers:

When the Oilers are lifting cup after cup nobody's gonna put an asterix besides them in the record books because they stunk for a decade. Just like the Hawks missed the playoffs and stunk for 9/10 years now everyone nut hugs them and rides their sticks. Many will hate the Oil because people always hate winners and repeat Champions but that's not gonna matter to anyone in YEG when we go rollin downtown outside the best building in the NHL and celebrate the best team bringing the glory back. It's coming you know it I know it so get ready.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I liked that because I know a guy from edmonton who i can totally picture/hear saying all that stuff

same guy once said to me: "yah i wanted to get a tattoo that id never get sick of so I chose a dollar sign and the smoke around it ... you know ... its just like from the Wu Tang video ... you know the one"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Neely confirms that the Oilers will give the Bruins a 2nd round pick in the next 3 years for the "in season" hire of Chiarelli.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Neely confirms that the Oilers will give the Bruins a 2nd round pick in the next 3 years for the "in season" hire of Chiarelli.

is there compensation owing to the Sharks for hiring McLellan too?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually beyond fucking dumb. You fire a guy, you get nothing!

I don't understand why the Leafs are giving the Wings a 3rd rounder for Babcock, either. His contract was up June 30.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a 3rd round pick for McLellan as well

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McLellan has been named the Edmonton Oilers' new head coach, signing a five year deal with the organization on Tuesday.. McLellan, who had served as San Jose head coach since 2008-09, left the Sharks by mutual agreement on Apr. 20. Last week, he helped lead Team Canada to its first gold medal at the World Hockey Championship since 2007.

Five years in Edmonton (probably not as good a movie as Seven Years in Tibet)

Hey, I actually had to sit through Seven Years of BRAD PITT. I fell asleep about a third of the way through & had to hear about for the next week. On a side note I've tried to watch Titanic a few times & have fallen asleep less than a half hour into the movie every time. I wonder if Oilers fans wish they could have slept through the last 15 years of their teams seasons?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I actually had to sit through Seven Years of BRAD PITT. I fell asleep about a third of the way through & had to hear about for the next week. On a side note I've tried to watch Titanic a few times & have fallen asleep less than a half hour into the movie every time. I wonder if Oilers fans wish they could have slept through the last 15 years of their teams seasons?

Leo bangs Kate, then the boat thinks. Cause and effect? :noidea:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't understand compensation for fired people especially

It's like a couple breaking up and when one of them finds another partner, the one who is left out asks for something in return for the former partner hooking up with someone else - you didn't want that person THAT bad so just move along

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not entirely fair dash. I wonder how Scrivens would play if he were in Minny? Give a goalie some help on D & guess what, he becomes a better goalie.

Oh I agree, it was more paying homage to a post of BGDave's in the Rangers - Caps thread that has gained some notoriety over the last couple of weeks.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree, it was more paying homage to a post of BGDave's in the Rangers - Caps thread that has gained some notoriety over the last couple of weeks.

Sorry, I guess I missed it. I tried to jinx the Rangers in game 7 & failed. Just like I did with the Canucks in Game 5. Tonight I put a little on Tampa. I honestly hope they win, BIG!!