• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Merker owned it, did Wiz just turn the M upside down, or did Merker just like looking at his initial from inside the house?
It would be funny if he did

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he can go 2 for 2 next year

Don't know how much his playoff performance played into it, but he was really good then.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of promoting the assistant coach to the head coach position especially with some quality head coaches looking for work.
Especially since that assistant coach helped the team become one of the worst power play teams in the league

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i found @forty_three guys. he must have read the news

tenor.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of promoting the assistant coach to the head coach position especially with some quality head coaches looking for work.
Shows what you know. If a guy is dismal at running the power play, he will certainly be good at running everything else too.

Jarmo said a while ago that he didn't think bad Brad was solely responsible for the Power Play problems. So either Jarmo is blind or Torts meddled. Either way, he had 2 units of Laine/Bjorkstrand and Bemstrom/Atkinson and could not score above 14%. Motherfucker better have something up his sleeve. Or we are on the hunt for Bedard.

Just PLEASE hire Jalonen as an assistant.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In case anyone is interested, this is the whole press conference. The players he is talking about as having shown up are Elvis, Korpi, Laine, Cam, and Nyquist.

He is at least saying all the right stuff. The big reason I wanted Jalonen is because he has high standards but low abrasiveness. He builds the system on cooperation and communication. Sounds like bad Brad wants to go that way. I hope he can do it. It sounds like he clearly had some issues with the way Torts did things and there are going to be differences. I think it says a lot that Laine showed up. Too much has been made about the snapping at Larsen on the bench. Perhaps Larsen didn't like the benching over it. Word at the time was they talked in it out pretty quick.

JD made a pretty good point that when Torts left NYR they alos lost Sullivan at the time and he's a damn good coach. They didn't want to be the team that let him go.

The only thing that bugs me is if they wanted him all along, why not let Torts walk and make him Interim when there was still a chance to fix it? Ultimately not disappointed with 5OA and two more firsts plus Jones and Korpi to trade. But I would still probably rather have been in the playoffs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeah! Plan the parade!

28 year old who never sniffed a league above Swiss Liiga.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We're not gonna make him something he's not"

And with that, he's already better than Torts.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crap... Doesn't look like it shows on here

The #CBJ have announced the following promotions/changes within the club's hockey operations department:

→ Rick Nash promoted to director of player development.

→ Josef Boumedienne promoted to director of pro scouting.

→ Derek Dorsett & Mark Letestu named development coaches.

→ Brad Thiessen replaces Jim Corsi as goaltending development coach.

→ Nelson Ayotte retires after five seasons with the club, including the past four as director of high performance.

Details → cbj.co/staff061621

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOO-HOO

D'OH!

Test Tube was absolutely loved by pretty much everyone who ever played with him. So happy he is staying on. And Dorsett, while a meathead on the ice was an assistant coach at Upper Arlington this year. I am friends with the current and last UA head coach and both those guys absolutely loved him. Pretty lighthearted yet no bullshit approach.

I hear good things about Theissen, but filling Corsi's shoes ain't gonna be easy.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOO-HOO

D'OH!

Test Tube was absolutely loved by pretty much everyone who ever played with him. So happy he is staying on. And Dorsett, while a meathead on the ice was an assistant coach at Upper Arlington this year. I am friends with the current and last UA head coach and both those guys absolutely loved him. Pretty lighthearted yet no bullshit approach.

I hear good things about Theissen, but filling Corsi's shoes ain't gonna be easy.
Yeah, the Nash one was pretty much a given, I think. I like the Letestu hire

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crap... Doesn't look like it shows on here

The #CBJ have announced the following promotions/changes within the club's hockey operations department:

→ Rick Nash promoted to director of player development.

→ Josef Boumedienne promoted to director of pro scouting.

→ Nelson Ayotte retires after five seasons with the club, including the past four as director of high performance.

Details → cbj.co/staff061621
If i'm not mistaken everyone there except for Boumedienne once played for the organization.

Going the Oilers route is an interesting team development strategy.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i'm not mistaken everyone there except for Boumedienne once played for the organization.

Going the Oilers route is an interesting team development strategy.
After seeing high profile guys choose to leave/want out, having some guys on staff, in the players ears, who love the city and organization can't hurt (I think).