• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of starting a pool on what period and how far into said period Brandon Dubinsky does something stupid and deserving of suspension tonight.

Alternately, providing Sid doesn't play, I could do an over/under on how many people on other hockey boards say that Sid is a coward and just doesn't want to face Dubinsky.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of starting a pool on what period and how far into said period Brandon Dubinsky does something stupid and deserving of suspension tonight.

Alternately, providing Sid doesn't play, I could do an over/under on how many people on other hockey boards say that Sid is a coward and just doesn't want to face Dubinsky.

How about an over/under on how many Columbus Blue Jackets head coaches say that? :wink:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about an over/under on how many Columbus Blue Jackets head coaches say that? :wink:

Stop besmirching my Tortsy. He would never say that Crosby is a coward. He says the entire organization are *whiners*. Get with it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting note on Crosby being injured - if this was even 2 years ago (even if it weren't just months before the Olympics), it would be nonstop news up here. Today, barely a mention.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting note on Crosby being injured - if this was even 2 years ago (even if it weren't just months before the Olympics), it would be nonstop news up here. Today, barely a mention.

Generational!! :D

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the car, listening to Jackets on the radio. It is 4-1 Pens starting the third.

"Ready to start the third period. And the Jackets need to... They just have to come out firing, get pucks on net. if they can get this back to a tie, they will really have the Penguins on their heels."

That's the kind of hard hitting analysis we pay you for McElligot.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, even before the game. Probably before they left for Pittsburgh.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville just makes way too much sense for this not to happen, IMO. Jones or Josi pretty much straight up, Weber if C-Bus decides it wants more in the order of name recognition.

There's no way I can see Nashville doing that. Stranger things have happened, but I believe they could do better than Johansen for any of those guys. Poille should offer one of the top four defenseman not named Weber, a top prospect & a 1st round pick for Stamkos. Nashville needs a big time scorer & point producer.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way I can see Nashville doing that. Stranger things have happened, but I believe they could do better than Johansen for any of those guys. Poille should offer one of the top four defenseman not named Weber, a top prospect & a 1st round pick for Stamkos. Nashville needs a big time scorer & point producer.

The two are not signed/going to remain Nashville property for the same amount of time though. If Nashville trades for Stamkos they're only trading for half a season. And that's way too much for half a season of anybody.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two are not signed/going to remain Nashville property for the same amount of time though. If Nashville trades for Stamkos they're only trading for half a season. And that's way too much for half a season of anybody.

That's why the trade would be contingent on Stamkos agreeing to an extension. If he won't sign then no deal. Nashville needs a player like him. Heck if Pittsburgh were to put Crosby on the market they should show interest in him. The Predators aren't going to do anything in the playoffs unless they improve their roster up front. I'm assuming Poille knows this. However, he built some good teams in Washington. They were loaded on defense & actually had better forwards than Nashville has now & they still couldn't get it done in the postseason. It will be interesting to see if or what Poille does. I don't think Johansen is the answer though.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the trade would be contingent on Stamkos agreeing to an extension. If he won't sign then no deal. Nashville needs a player like him. Heck if Pittsburgh were to put Crosby on the market they should show interest in him. The Predators aren't going to do anything in the playoffs unless they improve their roster up front. I'm assuming Poille knows this. However, he built some good teams in Washington. They were loaded on defense & actually had better forwards than Nashville has now & they still couldn't get it done in the postseason. It will be interesting to see if or what Poille does. I don't think Johansen is the answer though.

Personally I think that there is almost zero chance of that happening though. It's certainly nowhere near as likely as Johansen simply being traded.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think that there is almost zero chance of that happening though. It's certainly nowhere near as likely as Johansen simply being traded.

Yeah, if they know Stamkos will agree to sign, then why trade for him? Wait, keep your assets and get him in the off season. Let someone else pay to rent him. There's gonna be some fire sales for Nashville to grab some punch for this run.

Long term, yes. Stamkos is exactly what Nashville should target. Him and Forsberg would be dynamite.

As for Johansen, I think as the season slides more and more into the toilet, it's less likely that he's gonna get dealt in season. No point in patching holes on a sinking ship, and he's the best asset to do that. If Torts had come in and gotten them in the hunt, then he'd be gone for D help. But now, I think they'll ride it out. If the right deal comes along, sure. But I think any deals they look for will be to move current roster D for guys that can play Torts system. Some guys will go at the deadline to shore up some contenders.

And everyone on the Jackets will be secretly praying to be dealt to LA.

The D looks bad, and they probably should. But it's exceptionally bad because these guys are puck movers being asked to block shots. They have the wrong defenders playing the wrong system. Something's gotta give.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johansen being dealt is only a matter of time. Unless a team is in go for the Cup mode there's no reason for any team to give up a ton for Stamkos if he won't sign an extension. Some team is likely going to overpay for Stamkos though.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they know Stamkos will agree to sign, then why trade for him? Wait, keep your assets and get him in the off season. Let someone else pay to rent him. There's gonna be some fire sales for Nashville to grab some punch for this run.

Long term, yes. Stamkos is exactly what Nashville should target. Him and Forsberg would be dynamite.

As for Johansen, I think as the season slides more and more into the toilet, it's less likely that he's gonna get dealt in season. No point in patching holes on a sinking ship, and he's the best asset to do that. If Torts had come in and gotten them in the hunt, then he'd be gone for D help. But now, I think they'll ride it out. If the right deal comes along, sure. But I think any deals they look for will be to move current roster D for guys that can play Torts system. Some guys will go at the deadline to shore up some contenders.

And everyone on the Jackets will be secretly praying to be dealt to LA.

The D looks bad, and they probably should. But it's exceptionally bad because these guys are puck movers being asked to block shots. They have the wrong defenders playing the wrong system. Something's gotta give.

It's simple, if Stamkos hits the open market all bets are off. He could end up with another team. If the team acquiring him can get an extension signed I don't see any reason why they shouldn't.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the comments section:

dutchman1350
December 28, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Torts is 100% correct. 15 years of futility. CBJ fans are sick of poor effort. I’m thrilled he is calling out players, the team. This organization needs a public voice and the players need to hear it.

I understand why people dislike Torts, but his bravado is desperately needed right now for the CBJ.

I can't stand people who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the Dutch.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dutchman1350

Torts is 100% correct. 15 years of futility. CBJ fans are sick of poor effort. I’m thrilled he is calling out players, the team. This organization needs a public voice and the players need to hear it.

I understand why people dislike Torts, but his bravado is desperately needed right now for the CBJ.

I can't stand people who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the Dutch.

I don't...I don't get people. THIS HAS NEVER WORKED FOR TORTS. I'm sure that person would counter with a Cup that happened Ina completely different NHL. All I know is, if Torts were some magician with this shit, wouldn't their record be, I dunno, better? "Thank god, someone to throw every player under the bus in public! This will improve our record!" Logic is hard sometimes...

In Columbus I think blame needs to be placed with the front office at this point. They made the playoffs and have regressed since, and seemingly haven't done anything to fix their defense. Injuries are a valid excuse last year, but that's gone now. I guess they were banking on health being enough this year. Well, and Saad.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dutchman1350

Degradation = Bravado?

BTW agree about the Dutch