• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit.

Good question. I honestly don't know how to answer that. I guess the only guy I'd consider hands-off is Rielly but if it had to be some kind of combination of Nylander, Marner and/or this year's first I'd pass. At least until we know how it ends with Sign Stamkos.

You?

I probably wouldn't include any of Rielly, Nylander or Marner. I'd deal this year's first but there'd have to be some protection on it.

I'm not paying anyone full value for a guy they can't wait to get rid of, you know what I'm saying?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville just makes way too much sense for this not to happen, IMO. Jones or Josi pretty much straight up, Weber if C-Bus decides it wants more in the order of name recognition.
Yeah, that would seem perfect too.

Of course, like Dragon just said maybe Nashville (like other teams) try to squeeze Columbus. Either 3 of those guys has more value right now than Johansen by any way you look at it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably wouldn't include any of Rielly, Nylander or Marner. I'd deal this year's first but there'd have to be some protection on it.

I'm not paying anyone full value for a guy they can't wait to get rid of, you know what I'm saying?
Basically re-package what the Leafs got for Kessel for RyJo. Maybe toss in an NHL defenceman instead of Kapanen, like Gardiner and a protected first (despite the fact I think Gardiner has been really, really good this season).

I'd be very disappointed at this point if the Leafs moved any of Rielly, Nylander or Marner. I'm really excited to see how they all pan out together.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville just makes way too much sense for this not to happen, IMO. Jones or Josi pretty much straight up, Weber if C-Bus decides it wants more in the order of name recognition.

Jones or Josi straight up? That is way too fair a deal for a situation like this.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most common comment I see from the locals; "He should be benched, he's not playing like a #1 Center."

That is a fair point. He's playing the way the new retard coach wants him to play (which is completely different from anything he's ever been asked to do) and he still the top point producer among centers, and the team's second leading scorer. All while the coach has been publicly humiliating him, being way harsher on him that the coaches' favorites AND dealing with a fanbase who is buying this "Lazy piece of shit" bollocks.

And how did he react to being unfairly scratched AGAIN?

I wish he'd learn to be professional... The Man Child is too good for this place. Please, just let him go.

And to add insult to injury, the Jackets are putting Boll in.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones or Josi straight up? That is way too fair a deal for a situation like this.

Pretty much straight up. CBJ likely adds a decent sized plus to a Josi (good prospect and/or 2nd) deal and slightly smaller one for Jones (Option to swap 1sts in 2017 or a 2nd)?

If Johansen is on the market there will be at least 10 teams that see a Torts benching for what it is. They'll look back on the ~135 points he's scored in the last two seasons. I don't anybody will be able to get him THAT cheap.

Then again, these people did give John Tortarella the reigns of their own free will, so.....

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much straight up. CBJ likely adds a decent sized plus to a Josi (good prospect and/or 2nd) deal and slightly smaller one for Jones (Option to swap 1sts in 2017 or a 2nd)?

If Johansen is on the market there will be at least 10 teams that see a Torts benching for what it is. They'll look back on the ~135 points he's scored in the last two seasons. I don't anybody will be able to get him THAT cheap.

Then again, these people did give John Tortarella the reigns of their own free will, so.....

This is also the team who sold Wisniewski for Rene Bourque and told Rick Nash to go away.

You don't know how bad I want Johansen to come out and say "I will only play in _______ (probably Vancouver). If they trade me anywhere else, I am sitting out."

Really fuck them they way they are fucking him.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good point - if this is a trade that has to happen, I'm not letting the Finnish scout make it if I'm John Davidson.

isnt JD the guy who wanted Torts though ? ... whos truly pulling the strings here ?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know how bad I want Johansen to come out and say "I will only play in _______ (probably Vancouver). If they trade me anywhere else, I am sitting out."

I would enjoy that as well lol :bolt:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that every team that gets involved will basically be thinking like I said ("if you don't want him, why would I give you full value for him?") That's just good negotiating.

I mean, if Columbus could still be expected to get full value for him after all of this shit why would forty_three be so upset that it's happening?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that every team that gets involved will basically be thinking like I said ("if you don't want him, why would I give you full value for him?") That's just good negotiating.

I mean, if Columbus could still be expected to get full value for him after all of this shit why would forty_three be so upset that it's happening?

I will not interrupt this intelligent thread with my usual "RyJo for Kadri" dreck, but merely want to say that this is an Internet Board. There is no place for logic here, sir !

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because this franchise is developing a habit of shitting on solid hockey players after they spend a long time either not getting the help they need ("Nash just needs a #1 Center!" Trade him once he has one), or not letting them play their game (Johansen).

I don't care if we got "full value". Because even then we lose. Because say we got Weber. Fuck, say we got Drew Doughty. It wouldn't matter because in 2 years they will be shit according to this organization.

Stop this "grass is greener" bullshit and give the players you have a chance to succeed.

"If we get Jeff Carter, we'll be fine."
"Jeff Carter was an asshole, let's get Jack Johnson instead, that's all we need"
"Now that we have Jack Johnson, we need Nathan Horton!"
"Fuck, Horton's back blew up. Oh, well. Let's get Marian Gaborik!"
"Hmmmm, Gaborik's not working out, let's get Scott Hartnell!"

Rinse, repeat. They will trade Johansen, and in six months Saad will be a useless piece of shit. then Foligno. Then, right around contract time, Murray will be too. Then Bob.

When they drafted Johansen, they had just been stung with an inability to finish the trade for Jason Spezza (The Center Nash needed). So they drafted the guy projected to be most like Jason Spezza (Johansen). Had they managed to trade for Spezza, the *only* thing different would be that Tortorella would be attacking Spezza and not Johansen.

Fuck full value in trade. I want full value in what we have right now. And no coach on earth does less with more that Fonzie.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures. David Savard and Jack Johnson miss the game and suddenly the team has flow and put 6 on the board (so far).

But it was all because no Johansen.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures. David Savard and Jack Johnson miss the game and suddenly the team has flow and put 6 on the board (so far).

But it was all because no Johansen.

It's never about the guys who are in popcorn row, 43. You know that.

It's about a complete team effort. Nobody taking shifts off and committing to supporting your teammates.

That and getting Jared Boll back in the lineup. It's a team effort but really this one was all Boll and his grit and determination. True leadership.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never about the guys who are in popcorn row, 43. You know that.

It's about a complete team effort. Nobody taking shifts off and committing to supporting your teammates.

That and getting Jared Boll back in the lineup. It's a team effort but really this one was all Boll and his grit and determination. True leadership.

Don't forget David Clarkson's scoring touch.