• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright motherfuckers, time to put up or shut up.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is this I don't even...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have really been cold in the arena after the game.
10uqjjcb8pf61.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Nyquist was on the ice this morning skating with the team. Still long term after his shoulder surgery in November, but he is back with the team and shooting.

First timeframe suggests he still has at least a month more to go, but skating with the team is a good sign.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey John,

wvL3_y.gif

Just by virtue of the fact that he has not had an even top half of the league power play in his entire tenure here he should be canned. Not mentioning the habitual humiliation of only star players.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laine-benched.jpg
Scott Harrington on the same side of the ice as his D partner, hitting a guy already engaged by Bjorkstrand. Roslovic and Savard both tied up with the same guy in front of the net.

And Laine gets benched because he picked the wrong one of the other three guys to defend?

Watch it unfold:

Roslovic flat footed, Harrington out of position. How could Laine do this?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop me if you've heard this one before:

Portzline speculating someone wants out of Columbus.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop me if you've heard this one before:

Portzline speculating someone wants out of Columbus.
To be fair he was spot on last time. And I think the other times?

I admit a lot of what I see here from him (mostly put here by you) is bad journo'ing but it's kinda hard to keep slagging the guy about players wanting out when players keep wanting out.

/And anyway this would have to be considered a report you want to be true, right? :lol:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair he was spot on last time. And I think the other times?

I admit a lot of what I see here from him (mostly put here by you) is bad journo'ing but it's kinda hard to keep slagging the guy about players wanting out when players keep wanting out.

/And anyway this would have to be considered a report you want to be true, right? :lol:
He was wrong on Rick Nash. Rick never asked to be traded. I got that story directly from Rick's brother and the only detail Portz got right was Rick's name.

Johansen eventually did want to leave, after being dragged through the mud for a month and humiliated by the coach.

Panarin ultimately signed in NY after a bigger offer from the Jackets. He said it was a tough decision and his woman played a big part in it. He didn't actively want to leave, just recognized a better opportunity overall on and off the ice.

Bob would have stayed if we paid him what Florida did. And I thank God we didn't.

PLD was homesick apparently and was willing to give it a go short term until Torts humiliated him too.

And it's started getting around that Torts wants to retire after this season anyway, so what sense would it make to dog it and get fired a quarter of the way into what is almost certainly your last season? If you want out early, tell the GM and work out a deal to resign/retire. Especially as a guy who just trashed PLD for not being honest and open about his intentions.

The other rumor is that Jarmo is already working with Jukka Jalonen to be Torts' replacement. He can't be happy with Torts for the PR nightmare right now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was wrong on Rick Nash. Rick never asked to be traded. I got that story directly from Rick's brother and the only detail Portz got right was Rick's name.

Johansen eventually did want to leave, after being dragged through the mud for a month and humiliated by the coach.

Panarin ultimately signed in NY after a bigger offer from the Jackets. He said it was a tough decision and his woman played a big part in it. He didn't actively want to leave, just recognized a better opportunity overall on and off the ice.

Bob would have stayed if we paid him what Florida did. And I thank God we didn't.

PLD was homesick apparently and was willing to give it a go short term until Torts humiliated him too.

And it's started getting around that Torts wants to retire after this season anyway, so what sense would it make to dog it and get fired a quarter of the way into what is almost certainly your last season? If you want out early, tell the GM and work out a deal to resign/retire. Especially as a guy who just trashed PLD for not being honest and open about his intentions.

The other rumor is that Jarmo is already working with Jukka Jalonen to be Torts' replacement. He can't be happy with Torts for the PR nightmare right now.
Okay but they all ended up leaving. Even if he was flinging shit at the wall, that's one hell of a shit-flinging record. Darren Dreger would love a non-Ferris related shit-flinging record of that success rate.

Either that or he's literally willing guys away from Columbus, in which case the team should just start giving him $100k/yr to stfu (or better yet, start linking stars with the team).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay but they all ended up leaving. Even if he was flinging shit at the wall, that's one hell of a shit-flinging record. Darren Dreger would love a non-Ferris related shit-flinging record of that success rate.

Either that or he's literally willing guys away from Columbus, in which case the team should just start giving him $100k/yr to stfu (or better yet, start linking stars with the team).
He also said Jones wanted out, just before he signed. Hinted that Bjorkstrand was fed up with Columbus literally AS he was signing his five year deal. He also reported that Nyquist told the Jackets they were out of the running the day he signed. He has also stated that Winsniewski, Umberger, Boll, Nash, and Clarkson couldn't wait to get out of here. All 5 of them came back after their playing days were over.

And all the ones who did eventually leave, not one was because of his go to "they look down on the city and want to get away from it". It was either the coach or for better chances.

Portz has a stick up his ass because he wants to move on to something bigger himself and no one will hire him.