• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLD DID leave Columbus yesterday.

He took his girlfriend away for New Year's according to his Instagram post.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Max seems like a pretty decent guy.

Hard to believe he came from that Albanian asshole.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All he does is score big! Congrats Ollie and the soon to be Mrs Ollie.

Awaiting twatwaffle article on how she hates Columbus and would rather live in New York or LA

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess he does want out.

Still only twatwaffle reporting it.

Here's what he said according to a Jackets beat writer who actually gets scoops and doesn't have to defend his shitty writing and rumor mongering.

If the guy wants out, he wants out. Send him to Winnipeg or Edmonton. He doesn't have an NMC.

I just don't really believe he wants out.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The full video. He doesn't seem to have a lot of energy, but I am not sure that's anything. The guy who started it all got to ask five questions. Or the same question five ways. And PLD didn't seem interested in answering the douchebag who put him in this "situation". "Pierre-Luc how much do you hate the city of Columbus and do you think your teammates are going to want to kill you in your sleep?"

It could just be he's a 22 year old kid who just went through his first real tough negotiation and is pouting a bit. If he gets over it, he gets paid. If he doesn't, he tarnishes his reputation and loses his role. :noidea:

But let's all ignore the part we he says the organization all wants to win here and that in the negotiation options the 2 year was the one that made "both sides happy". And that he likes playing for tougher coaches because they get the best out of him. Neither of those things fit the narrative.

The contract going up to 6.5 in year 2 with him having arbitration rights to me is both sides saying that the situation league wide sucks now, but both commit to making it work then. For him, he gets a worst case scenario where he goes to arbitration on a qualifying offer on 6 and a half. For the team it gives them a guy motivated to cash in like he should have right now if this was a non plague year. I imagine the 3 year deal was probably similar, which means he makes less now with a balloon in the third. Why wait? The 8 year deal was probably less per season than it would have been if the cap went up already. I am not convinced it will go up again after this year. Dubois isn't the only guy getting a contract with shorter term than you'd expect. One year each for Granlund, Hall, Hoffman, etc...

Will be really interesting to see what happens with Barzal.

Also, a lot of people are like "Torts acknowledged the trade request! OH NOES!"

Torts: I haven't talked to Luc myself, but we'll deal with whatever it is like we deal with everything. Honestly and out in the open.

The answer would not have changed if the question was "How will you deal with reports of Vladislav Gavirikov's uncontrolled flatulence?"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still only twatwaffle reporting it.

Here's what he said according to a Jackets beat writer who actually gets scoops and doesn't have to defend his shitty writing and rumor mongering.

If the guy wants out, he wants out. Send him to Winnipeg or Edmonton. He doesn't have an NMC.

I just don't really believe he wants out.
I think the fact that it’s believable that yet another star player doesn’t want to be there is in itself a problem. This is a pretty well-run organization willing to spend money to win. The city isn’t terrible from all accounts I’ve ever heard - at the very least no worse than STL.

I just get a strong feeling this is a coaching thing. If a coaching change would’ve meant keeping Panarin and PLD long-term then I would’ve canned the god damn coach by now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that it’s believable that yet another star player doesn’t want to be there is in itself a problem. This is a pretty well-run organization willing to spend money to win. The city isn’t terrible from all accounts I’ve ever heard - at the very least no worse than STL.

I just get a strong feeling this is a coaching thing. If a coaching change would’ve meant keeping Panarin and PLD long-term then I would’ve canned the god damn coach by now.
But that's the thing. There is literally only one source who has ever stated that any player looked down on being here - Portzline. And by most accounts, the only time he was right was Jeff Carter. And even then it wasn't so much that he hated Columbus, he was more pissed at how Philly treated him and reacted poorly. One of my good friends coaches a high school team. He just hired Derek Dorsett as an assistant, even that guy came back. Clarkson still has a house here. Hell, Jack Johnson still has a house here. To me, it's not believable that he doesn't want to be here. PLD's own words are that he plays better for tougher coaches, and this version of Torts is far kinder and gentler than he was in the past. I just don't really buy any of it. But I agree, if anyone said they wanted out BECAUSE of Torts, yeah. Goodbye. He's served his purpose, and passed his shelf life date.

Portzy tried to push the story that Rick Nash hated the organization and demanded to be traded when they sent him to NYR. It just so happened that a few days later I was sitting with Rick's brother while he ran my son through some skating drills on the treadmill and he told me directly that the team went to Rick and said, essentially "we're gonna suck for a while, and we have offers for you. You deserve better, where would you like to go?" and he said he'd rather stay, but gave them a list of places he would go. They had an offer from Edmonton and Rick said he'd rather stay than go there. One of his choices was NYR, so he went there. He said then that he had a gentleman's agreement for him to come back to a job in the organization at the end. I've since heard from James that Rick fully intended to play again and retire a Jacket, but the docs suggested he stop. Portzline is a liar.

Bob wanted to stay (or at least would have stayed), but the Jackets didn't want to pay him. And that looks like a good move now, doesn't it?
It was a longshot to keep Boot Scootin' Duchene, but they tried. Even traded Duclair for Dzingel, which in hindsight was a mistake.
Panarin almost stayed, but his girlfriend and the lure of a small town Russian kid living in NYC was too much. Plus I also wonder if JD knew he'd eventually be there and that played a factor in him going.
Outside that, there was Johansen. He checked out after the rumors started and we got our franchise D man in the deal.
Before that, it was Adam Foote. And I don't even think he disliked the city, it was just hard on him because his wife decided to stay in Denver so the kids didn't have to change schools. I think the team tried to do what he wanted and keep it quiet, it just blew up because some reporter started yapping about it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing. There is literally only one source who has ever stated that any player looked down on being here - Portzline. And by most accounts, the only time he was right was Jeff Carter. And even then it wasn't so much that he hated Columbus, he was more pissed at how Philly treated him and reacted poorly. One of my good friends coaches a high school team. He just hired Derek Dorsett as an assistant, even that guy came back. Clarkson still has a house here. Hell, Jack Johnson still has a house here. To me, it's not believable that he doesn't want to be here. PLD's own words are that he plays better for tougher coaches, and this version of Torts is far kinder and gentler than he was in the past. I just don't really buy any of it. But I agree, if anyone said they wanted out BECAUSE of Torts, yeah. Goodbye. He's served his purpose, and passed his shelf life date.

Portzy tried to push the story that Rick Nash hated the organization and demanded to be traded when they sent him to NYR. It just so happened that a few days later I was sitting with Rick's brother while he ran my son through some skating drills on the treadmill and he told me directly that the team went to Rick and said, essentially "we're gonna suck for a while, and we have offers for you. You deserve better, where would you like to go?" and he said he'd rather stay, but gave them a list of places he would go. They had an offer from Edmonton and Rick said he'd rather stay than go there. One of his choices was NYR, so he went there. He said then that he had a gentleman's agreement for him to come back to a job in the organization at the end. I've since heard from James that Rick fully intended to play again and retire a Jacket, but the docs suggested he stop. Portzline is a liar.

Bob wanted to stay (or at least would have stayed), but the Jackets didn't want to pay him. And that looks like a good move now, doesn't it?
It was a longshot to keep Boot Scootin' Duchene, but they tried. Even traded Duclair for Dzingel, which in hindsight was a mistake.
Panarin almost stayed, but his girlfriend and the lure of a small town Russian kid living in NYC was too much. Plus I also wonder if JD knew he'd eventually be there and that played a factor in him going.
Outside that, there was Johansen. He checked out after the rumors started and we got our franchise D man in the deal.
Before that, it was Adam Foote. And I don't even think he disliked the city, it was just hard on him because his wife decided to stay in Denver so the kids didn't have to change schools. I think the team tried to do what he wanted and keep it quiet, it just blew up because some reporter started yapping about it.
I believe all of this. Truly.

But even looking past Bob leaving (which may have even been smart), Panerin leaving for a rebuilding team in a cold weather (albeit obviously more glitzy) market wasn’t encouraging. Neither Jones nor Werenski signing long-term either has to at the very least cause some nerves. And at the very least, nobody has outright denied any of this regarding PLD and while I’m usually the first guy to shit on the insider cabal it’s hard to outright deny that there may be some smoke here, even if it leads nowhere.

I’m just saying, maybe there’s nothing here and maybe there’s something completely different at play but if the issue is Torts and this team’s losing star players solely due to that fact then Jarmo needs some criticism for his management.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Add Steutzle and you have a deal.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Add Steutzle and you have a deal.
The Sens appear to be losing their marbles again thanks to the nutcase owner so it might be a prime moment to pounce.

Sending this message public through Erik Gudbranson, he of 14 career playoff games in 9 seasons, 4 of which have come since 2016, is the chef's kiss here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder what big stage he has in mind where he's going to be the #1 C? Toronto? Vancouver? Boston? lol

And I get he might have a hard on to play in Montreal, and some fans would be willing to give up Suzuki and Kotkaniemi - PLEASE? - , so what if he goes there and they start to fall apart? Does he really want to be in THAT media environment?

Trade him to Buffalo. Do what it takes to get us Eichel.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder what big stage he has in mind where he's going to be the #1 C? Toronto? Vancouver? Boston? lol

And I get he might have a hard on to play in Montreal, and some fans would be willing to give up Suzuki and Kotkaniemi - PLEASE? - , so what if he goes there and they start to fall apart? Does he really want to be in THAT media environment?

Trade him to Buffalo. Do what it takes to get us Eichel.
He would get a fuck ton of sponsor money from Quebec companies if he were a Hab. That’s probably part of it.

But if JT showed anything, some guys just wanna go home. You can argue he hasn’t “earned” that right but if he’s genuinely an unhappy person right now that isn’t going to do anybody any good.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would get a fuck ton of sponsor money from Quebec companies if he were a Hab. That’s probably part of it.

But if JT showed anything, some guys just wanna go home. You can argue he hasn’t “earned” that right but if he’s genuinely an unhappy person right now that isn’t going to do anybody any good.
Just hope he has the sense to play his ass off, which ultimately helps us.

If he wants to play in Montreal, fine. Maybe he will finally be the player they've ever had that the media didn't turn on.

I am encouraged by the idea that Habs fans wouldn't think twice about giving up both JK and Suzuki to get him. Just need them to put that pressure on Bergy to make that deal. Would also not mind sending him to Philly in a deal to get Couturier and Voracek back and finally right the wrongs of the whole eff Carter saga.

We took the Johansen shit sandwich and made filet mignon out of it. Hope lightning can strike twice.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

200.gif

I want to know who the other six voted for. Teddy Bleuger?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TORTS ON A RAMPAGE TODAY
-Portzline