• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point.

But I actually had to look up where there actually *is* a Jet's pizza near me.
One went into a former Little Caesars location in Grandview, so not too far from me.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he originally gonna send this message out by lettermail :think:

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just put this in the offseason thread too. So nice, they need to see it twice.

tenor.gif

That's a phenomenal deal for both sides.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I love the R Bar but it's a tad far away for me to just pop in for lunch. I will help 'em out if I can. Plus there are a few other local places I love in my town that are also suffering.

But at the end of the day, why the fuck are local, beloved businesses having to beg ordinary people for money (that they probably don't have either) online just to stay alive? Perhaps if there was an actual stimulus that could help...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I love the R Bar but it's a tad far away for me to just pop in for lunch. I will help 'em out if I can. Plus there are a few other local places I love in my town that are also suffering.

But at the end of the day, why the fuck are local, beloved businesses having to beg ordinary people for money (that they probably don't have either) online just to stay alive? Perhaps if there was an actual stimulus that could help...
We stimulused here in Canada about as much as we could. It's not going to matter in the end - a shit ton of places have already closed and many more are going to follow. All the stimulus did was allow landlords to get their rents for a few more months.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully the GoFundMe can bridge them over to another stimulus. I like that they've said they will donate everything back to local hockey when/if they get through it.

Once OSU hockey starts up, maybe I'll head over to watch a game.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like the GoFundMe might have staved off death for a while. Even Cam Atkinson and Nick Foligno got involved to help raise money. Everyone, except Nationwide Realty Partners, it seems. They could have helped by giving amnesty for rent. They refused.

Wonder what the next local business is that's going to get the help that they need through the good of other people?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to look at how that no name guy the Jackets took in the first round is doing this season and from what I can tell the answer is very good. Has 8g and 15p in 27 games. Compare that to Rodeo who’s got 5 and 8 in 23 and Podkolzin who’s at 2g and 6p in 24 in his D+2 year (although from the Canucks thread it looks like there’s some behind the scenes shit there maybe) and I think Jarmo may have snuck one out here.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Went to look at how that no name guy the Jackets took in the first round is doing this season and from what I can tell the answer is very good. Has 8g and 15p in 27 games. Compare that to Rodeo who’s got 5 and 8 in 23 and Podkolzin who’s at 2g and 6p in 24 in his D+2 year (although from the Canucks thread it looks like there’s some behind the scenes shit there maybe) and I think Jarmo may have snuck one out here.
I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Podz at the WJHC, when he actually has his coach's confidence.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Marchenko (another Jarmo reach) and Chinacough are #1 and 2 in KHL scoring for players under 20 years old. Plus they have a guy there named Voronkov who is #7 in scoring in that age group.

No idea how it will translate over here but it looks promising.

But unless the kid comes over here and becomes a combination of Bure and Panarin, it's still gonna be hard to justify using a first rounder on a guy who was at best a 3rd rounder. Especially considering using a little foresight, he could have gotten a 2nd for Ryan Murray at the draft and gotten him in the second with less of a reach. And still had Zary or Lapierre too.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Marchenko (another Jarmo reach) and Chinacough are #1 and 2 in KHL scoring for players under 20 years old. Plus they have a guy there named Voronkov who is #7 in scoring in that age group.

No idea how it will translate over here but it looks promising.

But unless the kid comes over here and becomes a combination of Bure and Panarin, it's still gonna be hard to justify using a first rounder on a guy who was at best a 3rd rounder. Especially considering using a little foresight, he could have gotten a 2nd for Ryan Murray at the draft and gotten him in the second with less of a reach. And still had Zary or Lapierre too.
It could be as simple as some scouting gossip where their Russia he’s guy overheard or saw another team’s guy who was drafting after CBJ getting a little too excited watching him.

If they had an inkling he’d go in the late first/early second then it’s a justifiable pick. We aren’t privy to this stuff so we’ll never know but it does happen often.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be as simple as some scouting gossip where their Russia he’s guy overheard or saw another team’s guy who was drafting after CBJ getting a little too excited watching him.

If they had an inkling he’d go in the late first/early second then it’s a justifiable pick. We aren’t privy to this stuff so we’ll never know but it does happen often.
That's true. The word is Hartley really sold Ville Siren on the kid, so it's possible Hartley told others.

I think that kind of intel was part of how MacLean fucked up the Kopitar draft. He expected the Canadiens to pick Brule and apparently the Jackets scouts wanted Kopitar no matter what, but also were pretty high on Price. He likely believed that the Habs wanted Brule which is why he laughed when they took Price. Brule was there and he overruled his scouts and made one of the worst picks in NHL history.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. The word is Hartley really sold Ville Siren on the kid, so it's possible Hartley told others.

I think that kind of intel was part of how MacLean fucked up the Kopitar draft. He expected the Canadiens to pick Brule and apparently the Jackets scouts wanted Kopitar no matter what, but also were pretty high on Price. He likely believed that the Habs wanted Brule which is why he laughed when they took Price. Brule was there and he overruled his scouts and made one of the worst picks in NHL history.
I mean, listen to your scouts obviously, but I think Brule was one of those guys who got wrecked by the dumb CHL/AHL rules where you can't send a 19 year old to the A if he came from the C (heh). Guy obviously wasn't NHL ready when they decided not to send him back to Vancouver.

That said, again, listen to your scouts.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope this happens.

Bjork - PLD - Texier
Bemstrom - Domi - Atkinson
Granlund - Koivu - Foligno
Grigorenko - Foudy - Robinson

With Nash, Nyquist (When Healthy), Gerbe, Jenner and Stenlund all able to step in. And I might consider Stenlund better than Jenner at this point.