• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. He sure could fly, great set of wheels.

Throw in Alaska (10x the population of Canada's North) and it' between him and Gomez. Pretty crazy.

I've also been to Hay River and good on Sandy for making the big leagues from an isolated community like that.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Saad is a fourth-liner in Columbus right now

Johansen on a wing, Saad on the 4th line. I know Torts has a reputation for getting a lot out of marginal players.

But what he wastes with truly talented ones is astounding. Johansen has yet to play with Saad under Torts' regime.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Jackets are playing the Kings tonight, I expect Jeff Carter to receive a warm welcome in Columbus.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna laugh, but I think it's just sad now. What a colossal waste of talent.

Fonzie has his favorite - Dubi. He made that clear in his first press conference and he's not backing off it. He would rather watch the team die than admit maybe Dubi isn't a #1C. I would think the 19 points in 4 games in the preseason would mean a Foligno-Joey-Saad line should get a shot for a game or two. You know, just see if it works. Throw caution to the wind and take a stab at getting like 4 or 5 below .500.

It's like my son's team, the head coach wants his son to succeed so his kid (who is weak skating, cherry picking twit) is out there with our best center and winger every shift.

The kids notice it.

Since the Jackets are playing the Kings tonight, I expect Jeff Carter to receive a warm welcome in Columbus.

Fuck Jeff Carter.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 minutes to go, Jackets up 2-1 with a whopping 16 shots on goal. They've given up 36.

Points tonight for the following Scrubs/recent scratches: Hartnell (PPG), Johansen, Foligno and Saad.

AAAAAAANDD Bob just left after flexing his knee.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Carter ties it while McIlhiney is flopping like a fish.

Fuck Curtis McIlhinney.

Wait.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, obviously you are not doing a good enough job. At least we agree on that.

All you have managed to do is kill the closeness in the room by making them all compete with each other instead of making them compete for each other. You've taken a scrappy team and primed the for the task of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

You said you didn't have a word for it? I have two words. TORTS HOCKEY. Players are all replaceable and you take all the spotlight.

Is it too early for scotch?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, obviously you are not doing a good enough job. At least we agree on that.

All you have managed to do is kill the closeness in the room by making them all compete with each other instead of making them compete for each other. You've taken a scrappy team and primed the for the task of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

You said you didn't have a word for it? I have two words. TORTS HOCKEY. Players are all replaceable and you take all the spotlight.

Is it too early for scotch?
They were playing like shit when they were "a scrappy team", too. Not to condone anything Torts has done here, but the flaws on the Blue Jackets were apparent before Torts came along.

Your blame needs to go higher up. The Jarmo experiment has probably reached its conclusion and Davidson needs to take over sooner rather than later to ensure the Jackets play the deadline right. He did do a good job drafting, or at least on paper he did, and combine that with whatever assets that can be acquired for guys on the roster now a good GM can come in and turn this thing around pretty quickly.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the first mistake was not canning Richards at season's end. The run the Jackets made at the end of last year fooled Jackets management into giving him another chance. There were some pretty good coaches available during the off-season.

The second mistake was the Torts hiring. 'Nuff said.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the first mistake was not canning Richards at season's end. The run the Jackets made at the end of last year fooled Jackets management into giving him another chance. There were some pretty good coaches available during the off-season.

The second mistake was the Torts hiring. 'Nuff said.
Better known as "why the Leafs kept Ron Wilson for 4 years and Randy Carlyle for 3 years".

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were playing like shit when they were "a scrappy team", too. Not to condone anything Torts has done here, but the flaws on the Blue Jackets were apparent before Torts came along.

Your blame needs to go higher up. The Jarmo experiment has probably reached its conclusion and Davidson needs to take over sooner rather than later to ensure the Jackets play the deadline right. He did do a good job drafting, or at least on paper he did, and combine that with whatever assets that can be acquired for guys on the roster now a good GM can come in and turn this thing around pretty quickly.

I was looking a little beyond the current season when I described them as "scrappy". Second half of last year and the preseason indicated there was a lot more to this team than showed up when the bell rang. One thing this team did was get along and fight for each other, even when they didn't have anything else going for them. Made last year bearable. And hid a lot of the weaknesses you speak of.

I think the slight bit of success they had under Tortorella at first really is just that "dead cat bounce". I believe in my heart that had they just fired Richards and let Hartsburg take over as interim, they'd be in the exact same spot. Maybe a bit better because Hartsburg would at least probably keep lines together and develop chemistry. When you arrive at the rink for game day meal and you don't know who you are playing with that night, how do you prepare?

Jarmo has to be feeling the pressure. And ultimately the panic move of hiring Torts is probably gonna be his downfall. I just hope that JD takes the wheel before he trades any one of Joey, Jenner, Hartnell or a prospect like Werenski, Rychel, Paliotta or Milano. This is a lost season, especially if Bob's collarbone is broken as is speculated. Trade some useless D men for picks and be patient. The forward corps is solid, and there is hope on the horizon on D. The season is lost, so they don't need to make a trade to improve now.

And they need a fucking backup goalie.