• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recalled Hannikainen

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit.... Did you know we paid him $400k per point last season?

Fuuuuck

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor showing for what is essentially going to be a typical roster

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBJ trim roster by three players

Dano and Robinson victims of circumstance. I think both are capable of playing in the NHL, but two guys came from nowhere to bump them off the chart in Lilja and Bemstrom. We kinda suspected that Bemstrom was gonna be good but he's been better than advertised. And Lilja wasn't even expected to make it past first cuts and could very well be on opening night roster.

With two injured, there's still one more cut to go. That's gonna be the toughest one. One of the bottom 3 D. Kukan and Harrington need to clear waivers, and Peeke is every bit as good as Murray or Savard. Don't really want to leave him in the A.

So here's how it looks like it's gonna shake out.
Texier - PLD - Atkinson
Nyquist - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Jenner - Anderson
Bemstrom - Nash - Lilja

Milano as 13F. Liam Foudy and Dubinsky injured.

Jones - Murray
Werenski - Savard
Gavrikov - Nutivaara
Harrington - Kukan
Peeke

If they could convince someone to take two of Kukan/Harrington/Milano for a decent middle/bottom C, that would be awesome.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twatwaffle wrote a piece on Jarmo Kekeleinen for the Athletic. In it is this gem of a story:

Jarmo and Janne (his brother) were in a Kuopio burger joint, along with Janne’s then-girlfriend, in the early 1990s. Two other young men, clearly intoxicated, were getting loud and disruptive, taunting the staff, terrorizing other customers and causing a scene...

“Jarmo … it just welled up in him, this rage, like he just couldn’t accept that this could happen. Everybody else was kind of hoping these guys would just stop, go away, but Jarmo went right in front of everybody and went right after them. Both of them.”

Jarmo grabbed one of them by the back of the pants and the back of the shirt, yanked him backward, dragged him past a few tables and threw him down the long flight of stairs that led to the street.

When the man stood up at the bottom of the steps, he pulled a knife out of his sweatshirt and started heading back upstairs. Jarmo confronted him again.

“Jarmo grabbed him around the throat, put him up against the wall, and screamed something right into his face,” Janne Kekalainen said.

According to Jarmo: “I kept my poker face and said, ‘Get the fuck out now, while you still have an opportunity.'”

The guy put the knife back in his pocket and walked away, his accomplice close behind.

Jesus. Don't fuck with that guy.

And this quote from Jarmo too:
“The best way to fuel me is to doubt me.”

So I will take some credit for calling him the Bald Finnish Fuckwit for so long.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jackets Twitter guy being very midwestern; a thread.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat fact; the Blue Jackets opening night roster features nine different nationalities.

Canada
USA
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland
Denmark
Latvia
France
Russia

And had Marko Dano made it instead of Milano (as should have been) it would have been ten. He's Austrian.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1.

The good:
Alex Texier - He's bigger, meaner and fit in well on the 1st line. He's no gamebreaker like Panarin was, but he's as good in traffic holding onto it, and better defensively.
Jakob Lilja - Don't know if it was adrenaline or what but kid impressed

The bad:
Scott Harrington - I don't care if he's a "good guy". He is a shit hockey player.
The line blender - Don't know if I can take 81 more games of it.

The Ugly:
Stupid penalties - especially against a team THAT good.
Average Jo - Angles; how do they work?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1.

The good:
Alex Texier - He's bigger, meaner and fit in well on the 1st line. He's no gamebreaker like Panarin was, but he's as good in traffic holding onto it, and better defensively.
Jakob Lilja - Don't know if it was adrenaline or what but kid impressed

The bad:
Scott Harrington - I don't care if he's a "good guy". He is a shit hockey player.
The line blender - Don't know if I can take 81 more games of it.

The Ugly:
Stupid penalties - especially against a team THAT good.
Average Jo - Angles; how do they work?
Wasn't able to watch...4 goals, was it on Korpi or the team?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't able to watch...4 goals, was it on Korpi or the team?

We gave the Leafs 6 power plays, so that is not a recipe for success against a bad team. Against the Leafs it's pretty much a guaranteed loss.

Korpi did what he does. he made a few ridiculous saves, but he also missed two he should have had and kicked another one in himself. All I can say is the door is open for Elvis.

Overall the team played well. Got some chances and pounced on a few miscues by the Leafs. The difference was Andersen made the stops. He flat out robbed both Atkinson and Foligno all alone. Plenty of positives overall. They moved the puck well. A few tweaks (like put Gavrikov in instead of Harrington) and they could roll. Early season schedule is a bitch though.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If tonight you play as well against the Leafs and we play as well as we did against the Sabres, you got this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If tonight you play as well against the Leafs and we play as well as we did against the Sabres, you got this.

Harrington and Korpisalo are both playing, soo...