• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, if only they could’ve made him an offer that would’ve kept his rights and prevented him from hitting the free agent market.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, if only they could’ve made him an offer that would’ve kept his rights and prevented him from hitting the free agent market.

Bear is just looking out for himself and trying to give himself the best opportunity. I would also say that the Canucks hurt their own chances of signing Bear when they brought in Zadorov.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear is just looking out for himself and trying to give himself the best opportunity. I would also say that the Canucks hurt their own chances of signing Bear when they brought in Zadorov.
Jimbo2 is just old and crotchety... I would have liked if they would have been able to sign Bear but he is coming off a serious injury so how long will it take him to get back into the swing of things???

Same circumstances as last year really ... they got him via trade from the Canes when he was coming off a serious ankle injury and it took him a while to get going. Still probably better than 100% Myzie though lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I'm not sure why either side would expect any loyalty here.
We likely had the inside track, until the bidding war started.

Then we either can (or want to) match or not.
If not, best of luck.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but the Caps also have a shit ton of RD.

If it's just about money his QO was $2.2 mil. If he's getting about that or more then, yeah, he's only going to get the pro-rated portion when the Canucks could've paid him the full season salary and put him on LTIR (I think that's how that would've worked, at least?). Why give the team that hummed and hawed the inside track when they didn't stick with you?

Besides, they needed that money for the 40 goal scorer that the new coach hates.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dhali bringing out the poopah lol

Listened to this live. They all gotta take a breather here lol. The one dude is trying his hardest just to be the contrarian naysayer and the other basically has HOFGMJR Pom poms.

Guess it makes for better radio than literally anything else on this station though. The guys when I drive home are absolutely terrible.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to this live. They all gotta take a breather here lol. The one dude is trying his hardest just to be the contrarian naysayer and the other basically has HOFGMJR Pom poms.

Guess it makes for better radio than literally anything else on this station though. The guys when I drive home are absolutely terrible.
i have given up on sportsnet radio 100% since last trade deadline. one of the best decisions I made. now if I can just quit twitter.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have given up on sportsnet radio 100% since last trade deadline. one of the best decisions I made. now if I can just quit twitter.
Ive pretty much done the reverse ... curtailed twitter and started listening to 2 more hours of sportsnet than i used to lol

although cant say im a regular listener much past Halbro ... half of the 6 hours from 9am to 3pm is toronto radio with marek, some goof talking nfl and then Bourne and Kyper, Drancer is just busy ordering his next brunch and I when i do tune in by mistake in the afternoon I always envision Sat staring in the mirror adjusting his hair and beard as he talks. I listen when I hear Yannick Hansen though as he lays the smack down.

/ I was at a party in the summer with Brough and his lady in attendance (no Halford) ...I enjoyed riling him up by saying stuff like "I thought what Mike said on air yesterday was interesting" ... or... "Mike made a great point yesterday" ... or ... "I like it when Mike and Andy ... ". Then somehow got to talking about kids and french immersion and made the comment that I believe parents put their kids in french immersion at certain dual stream schools so they can keep them away from the "ethnics" at the school in the english stream ... after my brother had told me Broughs lady friends kids were in french immersion :whistle: :pound: was a fun night ... I think horseface wanted to kick me!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive pretty much done the reverse ... curtailed twitter and started listening to 2 more hours of sportsnet than i used to lol

although cant say im a regular listener much past Halbro ... half of the 6 hours from 9am to 3pm is toronto radio with marek, some goof talking nfl and then Bourne and Kyper, Drancer is just busy ordering his next brunch and I when i do tune in by mistake in the afternoon I always envision Sat staring in the mirror adjusting his hair and beard as he talks. I listen when I hear Yannick Hansen though as he lays the smack down.

/ I was at a party in the summer with Brough and his lady in attendance (no Halford) ...I enjoyed riling him up by saying stuff like "I thought what Mike said on air yesterday was interesting" ... or... "Mike made a great point yesterday" ... or ... "I like it when Mike and Andy ... ". Then somehow got to talking about kids and french immersion and made the comment that I believe parents put their kids in french immersion at certain dual stream schools so they can keep them away from the "ethnics" at the school in the english stream ... after my brother had told me Broughs lady friends kids were in french immersion :whistle: :pound: was a fun night ... I think horseface wanted to kick me!
shit ... @dash gonna remind me of my "I bet he's fun at parties" comment :L

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very much the news radio on anytime i'm in the car kind of person because I need the constant traffic reports but in between I get bored and the only other option without digging into my phone is sports radio.

The roster is just so bland, there's no humour anywhere, and I know where I am but I don't know how many shows strictly about the Canucks I can take. Most the guys they have are most entertaining when they aren't trying to dissect the Canucks' PK problems and just bullshitting about the Habs or some shit.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very much the news radio on anytime i'm in the car kind of person because I need the constant traffic reports but in between I get bored and the only other option without digging into my phone is sports radio.

The roster is just so bland, there's no humour anywhere, and I know where I am but I don't know how many shows strictly about the Canucks I can take. Most the guys they have are most entertaining when they aren't trying to dissect the Canucks' PK problems and just bullshitting about the Habs or some shit.
for me its the constant contract/cap talk and the "you can always trade him later" comments to protect their predictions lol.

its all recycled just no real good personalities. man even the guys I hated (Pratt and Russell) were at least entertaining in how they delivered.

"Sports Talk Hello"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Bobby Lou moment? Not being recognized by the weather network lol

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash