• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte saying (without wondering) flames wanted zadorov gone and there was tension after his comments/trade request

No other team had the cap space to trade for him today. No other team was taking him without having the flames retain salary.

No rush to trade tanev now

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Calgary have any idea in hell what they're doing with their roster at the moment? If the Leafs or anyone else had a deal on the table, and I'm guessing for better assets in return, and Calgary had to eat some space to get it done what the hell does Calgary care about cap space if in all likelihood they're going to be dismantling the roster in a matter of weeks regardless?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Calgary have any idea in hell what they're doing with their roster at the moment? If the Leafs or anyone else had a deal on the table, and I'm guessing for better assets in return, and Calgary had to eat some space to get it done what the hell does Calgary care about cap space if in all likelihood they're going to be dismantling the roster in a matter of weeks regardless?

It certainly seems that Zadorov was being a disruption in the dressing room (Backlund basically said this in not so many words). I look at this as getting rid of a guy who wanted out and opening up some cap space to give you flexibility moving forward. The West is still wide open and I'm certainly not advocating signing UFA's, but I also think it makes sense to be patient as prices will certainly go up as we get closer to the trade deadline.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly seems that Zadorov was being a disruption in the dressing room (Backlund basically said this in not so many words). I look at this as getting rid of a guy who wanted out and opening up some cap space to give you flexibility moving forward. The West is still wide open and I'm certainly not advocating signing UFA's, but I also think it makes sense to be patient as prices will certainly go up as we get closer to the trade deadline.
Your flames are now in position to accrue cap space because they are pretty much out of ltir space usage (send someone to the minors and they are there) … i think friedman said they would have at least 5 mill in space accrued to take on bad salaries at the deadline without moving anyone else off the roster

Then its time for the sweeteners!!!! … how bout getting that 2024 1st out of toronto for tanev with the flames retaining all his salary. :pound:

Gotta tell the tanman to stop blocking shots with his face though :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that cap flexibility would be to get some bad contracts for picks and do a retool which you’d think the offers from other teams would be doing exactly that, having the Flames eat cap space for good picks.

I guess the other offers must not have been much better.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then its time for the sweeteners!!!! … how bout getting that 2024 1st out of toronto for tanev with the flames retaining all his salary. :pound:

Tanev just sniped his 1st of the season - Better trade him before he takes another puck to the face :D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/Also, Zadorov needs to pull a Messier and demand wearing #16 for the Canucks :D
Moj just said on Halbro that Canucks had Zadorov listed as #16 in their game notes lol

C401EDBB-E9C5-42E6-9183-14FC6472DC1E.jpeg