• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no idea - it as a tweet from one of the media guys before it came out that he had asked to be traded.
wasn't linked to an article.

only ones I can think of that could use a back up are NJ and Toronto (because Reimer isn't a back-up... he keeps saying so)
dunno, maybe he's an upgrade for BOS, CBJ, WPG ?

but $1.2 mill for a back-up project, albeit a talented project, is a bit steep.

Jackets need an upgrade on Tabasco no doubt. But they will only do it if they can get a veteran who can mentor Bob. They are expecting a fight for #1 in about 3 years, so they are just fine with Tabasco or some other plug to sit in the cheerleader seat as long as he doesn't rock the boat.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Lidster has been named as an assistant coach of the Vancouver Canucks...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
from the Score.
Canucks GM Jim Benning: G Jacob Markstrom "hasn't requested a trade"

Look away, nothing to see here... carry on. Oh, and can I interest you in a goalie?
he doesn't specifically say that Markstrom's agent hasn't requested a trade. :think:
Doug Lidster has been named as an assistant coach of the Vancouver Canucks...
:clap:

I always like him.
well, I stopped liking him after 1993.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linden Vey has accepted 1-year, $735K qualifying offer.

I like.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats the hub bub on Evander Kane, I heard the cess pool hinting about it this morning?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Nice hands on some of these kids
though 4 on 4 tends to open things up a bit

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
throwback what the fuck is this?

BtXYy6TCEAEJJ8U.jpg

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
points 1 - 3 - 5 - 6 - 9 are the biggest reason :D I kind of hope torts gets a coaching gig that sees them play the canucks 6 times a year :D

Torts will resurface somewhere at some point , you can bank on it. He obviously didn't work out in Vancouver but he can and will coach again. Now I'm going to say what I said earlier in this thread (maybe75 pages ago) : If anyone thinks the Sedins are taking the 'Nucks to the promised land you are fuckin delusional. It ain't happening now or ever , they simply aren't that good and I don't give a shit who you put on their line. They're 2nd line players and that's how they should be treated. I like the Canucks btw , I'm just not a kool aid guzzler who thinks they're something they aren't and I sure as hell don't buy into the Torts bashing, as though he was the biggest problem. Far from it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Planet hollywood robson opening?
Ooh, good call. I forgot we had one here.
Anecdotally, I owned Planet Hollywood shares for about 12 minutes back in the day
Torts will resurface somewhere at some point , you can bank on it. He obviously didn't work out in Vancouver but he can and will coach again. Now I'm going to say what I said earlier in this thread (maybe75 pages ago) : If anyone thinks the Sedins are taking the 'Nucks to the promised land you are fuckin delusional. It ain't happening now or ever , they simply aren't that good and I don't give a shit who you put on their line. They're 2nd line players and that's how they should be treated. I like the Canucks btw , I'm just not a kool aid guzzler who thinks they're something they aren't and I sure as hell don't buy into the Torts bashing, as though he was the biggest problem. Far from it.
They have EACH won scoring titles not too long ago.
And it was only three years ago that they 'took' the team to game 7.

I don't think anyone expects much more than a point per game from them for the next few years, but to call them 'aren't that good' 2nd liners is just retarded.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add that Torts may have not been the biggest problem, but he sure as heck didn't have many solutions either. The writing was on the wall for Torts once Gillis got canned (in my opinion, Gillis was the biggest problem).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mooney/pitb had the story on yahoo yesterday with a "new revelation" that Torts lived in Point Roberts and never stuck around to run practices (which the players complained about during the season and in post season exit interviews) and would always go home on game day instead of sticking around for the gameday skate

i thought i was in a time machine when i heard this was a "new revelation"

anyhoo ... i think he had a linked video clip (i didnt look at it) of Willie Desjardins checking out the Murphy bed that the team had built in to Torts office so Torts would stick around lol

/the murphy bed has since been removed lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the 1 minute mark

[YOUTUBE]B9-8Dhnr68k[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.