• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats-what-competent-means.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No subscription for me. Summary?

From the article:

So the question the Devils and Canucks had this past week after commissioner Gary Bettman announced the 2019-20 regular season over was what that meant for this conditional first-round pick.

Did Vancouver’s presence in the tournament mean the Devils already had the pick? Or do the Canucks have to win their play-in round against the Wild and qualify for the 16-team playoffs for that 2020 pick to officially transfer to New Jersey?

They got their answer from the league a few days later, in the memo:

“More specifically, for Trade condition purposes, a Club will not be deemed to have qualified for the Playoffs unless or until they have progressed into the Round of 16, and ‘Playoff Games/Rounds’ will only include the games/rounds played in the Round of 16 or later. We believe this interpretation will best reflect the intentions of the parties at the time of the Trade,” the league stipulated.

So, there you go. That first-round pick is still in flux until that Canucks-Wild play-in series is completed. If Vancouver loses, New Jersey instead gets the Canucks’ unprotected 2021 first-round pick.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article:

So the question the Devils and Canucks had this past week after commissioner Gary Bettman announced the 2019-20 regular season over was what that meant for this conditional first-round pick.

Did Vancouver’s presence in the tournament mean the Devils already had the pick? Or do the Canucks have to win their play-in round against the Wild and qualify for the 16-team playoffs for that 2020 pick to officially transfer to New Jersey?

They got their answer from the league a few days later, in the memo:

“More specifically, for Trade condition purposes, a Club will not be deemed to have qualified for the Playoffs unless or until they have progressed into the Round of 16, and ‘Playoff Games/Rounds’ will only include the games/rounds played in the Round of 16 or later. We believe this interpretation will best reflect the intentions of the parties at the time of the Trade,” the league stipulated.

So, there you go. That first-round pick is still in flux until that Canucks-Wild play-in series is completed. If Vancouver loses, New Jersey instead gets the Canucks’ unprotected 2021 first-round pick.

Thank you sir.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 5 vs the Leafs is some kinda special wow

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 5 vs the Leafs is some kinda special wow

We watched game 3 last night (pvr’d) Pavel Bure scoring that 3rd goal was crazy. What a slow stiff Todd Gill was lmao

Also, my son made the comment that the people in the stands didnt look like “modern day people” lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been working through the 2016 World Cup, my god that has been good hockey.
That youngster team was so fun to watch.
Leave it to the NHL to not even bother trying to expand on that tournament by having another in 2020.

I mean, it obviously would’ve been cancelled but we’ve gone through at least a fifth of McDavid/Eichel/Matthews/Mackinnon etc’s careers without any B-O-B play. Crosby and Ovi had at least one left in them. And imagine how exciting Sweden & Finland would be right now.

I don’t give a damn about the Olympics but shit at least try to make the WC if you aren’t going to go to the quadrennial money grab.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
just watched the San Jose game 7, completely forgot that Canucks tied it up with 10 seconds left to send it to OT.
Also have no idea how Kesler came back to play (and score that tying goal) after his groin exploded in the 2nd period.

also, what an underrated 3rd line that was
Jannick Hansen, Raffi Torres and Maxime LaPierre
wheels, steel and the heel.

the 4th line didn't get a shift after the 2nd period

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just watched the San Jose game 7, completely forgot that Canucks tied it up with 10 seconds left to send it to OT.
Also have no idea how Kesler came back to play (and score that tying goal) after his groin exploded in the 2nd period.

also, what an underrated 3rd line that was
Jannick Hansen, Raffi Torres and Maxime LaPierre
wheels, steel and the heel.

the 4th line didn't get a shift after the 2nd period

An easy team to hate, that's for sure...

/And no, I'm not talking about the Sharks :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
the Professor on Podkolzin (via Rick Dahliwal)

Just talked with Igor Larionov who was named Russia’s national junior hockey team coach.

Larionov will be coaching Canucks 1st round draft pick Vasili Podkolzin at the world juniors next season.

Larionov is a big fan of Podkolzin : “I might not select him, he is too good. I really like his leadership, his determination, he is so hungry to get to the net, and he gives 100%. ”

There is a good chance Podkolzin could be the captain of the Russian team says Larionov, “You can read between the lines, he will be a strong candidate to get the C.”

Who does Podkolzine remind Larionov of in the NHL : “That is a good question, Mark Messier, I see Messier in him. His character and desire to get better enables him to get better and develop.”

Larionov says don’t worry about Podkolzin playing one more year in Russia, “He will be fine next year in Russia, he is improving rapidly. I will spend lots of time with him, I know what Travis Green is looking for in players, the Canucks have a good young offensive team, I will teach him what to expect in the NHL.”

Last year at the world juniors, Larionov was an assistant coach with Russia and he watched another Canucks draft pick Nils Hoglander play for Sweden, “He is a really good player, the Canucks have good young talent coming up.”

Status
Not open for further replies.