• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Man ... no hockey but the drama never ends for canucks fans lol

nagging issue:
people assuming Brackett is a wunderkind that can do no wrong.
while this may be true, no one outside of the room knows for sure who wanted whom in what draft.

let's not forget he's been with the scouting department for a several years. If he gets credit for good, we should also look at bad.
2019 -Podzolkin and Hoglander both look like great picks.
2018 - Hughes fell into our lap. when ARZ picked Hayton (lol), we were gifted either Zadina or Hughes. Either one would be great, and Det made the choice for us
2017 - Petterson - this one was somewhat off the board, and a phenomenal call. Huge win, whoever pushed for it.
2016 - Juolevi over Tkachuk. woof.
2015 - Boeser - really good call. given he's from USHL, that's prob brackett influence
2014 - Virtanen over Nylander and Ehlers. woof

for 2016 and 2014, I'm not trying to use hindsight, those players passed over were consensus best player available as far as I recall.
so yeah, I hope shit gets worked out, I'm seeing a bit too much canonization out there.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nagging issue:
people assuming Brackett is a wunderkind that can do no wrong.
while this may be true, no one outside of the room knows for sure who wanted whom in what draft.

let's not forget he's been with the scouting department for a several years. If he gets credit for good, we should also look at bad.
2019 -Podzolkin and Hoglander both look like great picks.
2018 - Hughes fell into our lap. when ARZ picked Hayton (lol), we were gifted either Zadina or Hughes. Either one would be great, and Det made the choice for us
2017 - Petterson - this one was somewhat off the board, and a phenomenal call. Huge win, whoever pushed for it.
2016 - Juolevi over Tkachuk. woof.
2015 - Boeser - really good call. given he's from USHL, that's prob brackett influence
2014 - Virtanen over Nylander and Ehlers. woof

for 2016 and 2014, I'm not trying to use hindsight, those players passed over were consensus best player available as far as I recall.
so yeah, I hope shit gets worked out, I'm seeing a bit too much canonization out there.

My nagging issue is people not seeing the forest for the trees and seeing this for what this truly is. This isnt a Brackett canonization. Benning is freezing out his director of amateur scouting (and his team of scouts) now. There is minimal collaboration now. Their scouting staff is one of the smallest in the league now. Thats fucking scary considering how bad benning has handled ufa’s/pro scouting. This isnt people guessing anymore. Friedman,Sat and jd burke (even that fuckin stooge imac) have said this is what its all about. And its not just about 1st round picks. Its the entire draft. They work all year to dig gems up and the gm is not taking their input ???? Nice disfunction ya got there guys! A real mini Trump admin !!!

This is all public record stuff. 2016 was bracketts first draft as amateur scouting director. A week never went by that botchford didnt mention/remind all that juolevi was a benning pick. 2017 was bracketts year to run the draft after linden said he wanted to make changes to the scouting process in the season ending press conference he had. And what do we get from that years draft ... a doped up sounding jim benning devoid of responsibility asking “why isnt anyone taking Kole Lind?” So brackett makes his picks and benning/weisbrod seethe while plotting to get linden fired for a year :noidea:

the benning bros (larshcast idiots) have been full throated in their defense of benning and attacking jd burke with this same screed. That he doesnt know whats going on in the room (and hey we can all catch a glimpse of this in the canucks draft day videos that they had posted on youtube) That only management knows who wanted who at the draft table. That he has no way knowing that benning didnt want pod and wanted to pick Broberg instead (SAVED BY THE COIL!). That he has no way in knowing that benning wanted to take glass over petey as jd has said (and botchford before him) That he had no way of knowing that brackett was willing to forgo a pay raise for a 2 year extension if he was allowed to have his opinions heard again lol (that one blew up spectacularly in the larschcast douches faces yesterday)

And im totally with the thought that Jd burke is an asshole at the best of times. Im thinking people dont think he has the straight goods about how things have gone down because he started off as a stats nerd mafia blogger :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate this ownership.group so much

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jim-benning-won-training-camp.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tweet is gone. summary?

u can see part of it if you go to tajs tweet ... glass had 2 points in an exhibition game against the canucks and benning was pissed at the scouts in the box that they “convinced” him to select petey over glass like he wanted

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gagliardi also said americas pandemic response has been better than canadas lmao

/the sandman wants some us style financial bailout dollars im guessing

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ gagliardi has alot of moxie to say that

/no further puns please !!!

puckhead

Custom User Title