• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So botchford in the provies saying canucks tried to sign tryamkin to a 3 year deal but as per cba (and as a 22 year old) tryamkin was only eligible to sign a 2 year deal

The league sent the contract filing rejection email to the canucks and cc'ed every other team in the league .. I guess to show everyone in the league who wasnt 100% sure yet how inept benning is

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So botchford in the provies saying canucks tried to sign tryamkin to a 3 year deal but as per cba (and as a 22 year old) tryamkin was only eligible to sign a 2 year deal

The league sent the contract filing rejection email to the canucks and cc'ed every other team in the league .. I guess to show everyone in the league who wasnt 100% sure yet how inept benning is
Still not even close to almost losing draft picks for an RFA you can't sign without him clearing waivers.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not even close to almost losing draft picks for an RFA you can't sign without him clearing waivers.

On the one hand, I agree with you BBB as the fallout from the Feaster offer sheet attempt could have been a disaster. However, there was plenty of ambiguity regarding the CBA and whether or not ROR actually played an official game in the KHL (his name was spelled incorrectly in the official game sheet) that it would have been interesting to see how it would have all played out in court (if it would have got that far).

In this case of Tryamkin, it's pretty cut and dry with how it is spelled out in the CBA. Just an oversight by Benning, kind of funny when looking at it from the outside.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I agree with you BBB as the fallout from the Feaster offer sheet attempt could have been a disaster. However, there was plenty of ambiguity regarding the CBA and whether or not ROR actually played an official game in the KHL (his name was spelled incorrectly in the official game sheet) that it would have been interesting to see how it would have all played out in court (if it would have got that far).

In this case of Tryamkin, it's pretty cut and dry with how it is spelled out in the CBA. Just an oversight by Benning, kind of funny when looking at it from the outside.
but still ... these 2 contract fuckups have alot in common

View attachment 100748
Well, sure, Benning & Co. should've been aware of it but it's not like the player was suddenly not going to want to play for the Canucks because of some legal mumbo-jumbo.

Had the ROR offer sheet gone through, it would've been the biggest transaction fiasco since the Nordiques traded Lindros to two teams.

/The pic didn't show up until after I posted this for some reason lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thank (insert deity of choice) that Greg Sherman is a bigger dummy than Jay Feaster.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well sure ... im not saying they were gonna lose the player in this case ... just how stupid is Benning et al ?

i saw someone tweet now that Gilman is working some projects for the league that he said to Daly ... "hey i think we should respond to all gms in the league so we make sure this kind of mistake doesnt happen again ... yah thats the ticket"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Auld might end up being the answer :gaah:... when it comes to the new Canucks goalie coach

from the weekends provies:

Melanson’s contract is up at the end of the year, and for a variety of reasons, it’s expected he’ll be gone. Though, he will sit down with management and talk about a potential extension with the team but when the season is over.

Nothing is officially a done deal.

These things are always complex.

There’s just never a lot of openings so can Melanson can find another fit at what the Canucks pay? Sometimes for a coach like him, people make room.

But most have believed for some time, he’ll move East.

Part of it is personal, something head coach Willie Desjardins referenced when asked about it by Canucks.com reporter after the game.

Interesting that.

There was a long delay before Willie was made available tonight before what I would call an uncharacteristic question.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Canucks set something up to get ahead of a sensitive, potentially negative issue, after the report made it on HNIC.

The way I’ve heard it from several people, Alex Auld is a leading candidate to replace him, and it’s a job I think Auld would want, and one I’m sure he’d be good at.

There are players who would like this to happen.

Other candidates, under the premise Willie will be back, include Mike Valley, who is with Dallas and was essentially demoted into a development role. He has a close relationship with Willie.

And then there’s Eli Wilson, who worked with Willie in Medicine Hat, works privately with big names and should be back in the NHL.

Woodley also put this out:

lastly, no secret Bill Ranford would love to come home to Vancouver but the year left on his deal with the Los Angles Kings may be an issue

— Kevin Woodley (@KevinisInGoal) March 20, 2016

That seems a long shot to me with Ranford’s contract status.

Melanson, obviously, would be a significant loss. He’s made every goalie that’s come through here better. Arguably, no coach has had more success developing goalies.

But he’s not irreplaceable.

Cloutier doesn’t get nearly enough credit for the work he’s put in with Markstrom. He has had more influence of the two on Markstrom’s development.

In fact, I’m unconvinced Markstrom and Melanson is a great fit. Now, Lack was a different story and probably would love Rollie to be in Carolina.

As far as Demko goes, Rollie wasn’t there at his first development camp.

Demko’s progression was always going to be mostly on Cloutier.

Cloutier would be at the top of the list, but, as Woodley said, it’s believed he’s happy where he is, apparently happy and making more as a development coach than some in the NHL.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benning sounded like Eeyore coming on to the cesspool "Im doing ok ... just ok" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.