• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colorado's new HC wants the PAC-12 to pussify their scheduling

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s talking about playing home and away. It’s a 6year rotation, not 12. If you actually read the links you post, you would know that.

The only conference that does a 2 year rotation by that definition is the Big12.
So playing your own conference members twice every twelve years is good thing?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why wouldn't he. Most teams in the conference have to do it, but it works like this...

Step 1: schedue fcs and other weak ass FBS teams. Occasionally schedule a decent FBS team, but rarely.

Step 2: build those wins up to give appearance of awesomeness

Step 3: As those wins build, climb in the rankings.

Step 4: Then beat up on each other in the conference so that no one drops too far in the rankings.

Step 5: Since we schedule easy ass teams (even at the end of the year), it saves our players from injury. Allowing them to play at a better level than the beaten up teams.

Step 6: Have the media and SECSPN buy into it because a win is a win and give us more attention.

mamasaidsec.jpg

It is smart though.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I have to lol @AlaskaGuy because the last two home and homes Washington did it was against Rutgers and Illinois. I mean it doesn't get any shittier than that. There was also 2015 when they didn't play a P5 opponent OOC. And then there is their 2019 OOC schedule which I won't even hit on

Looks like Washington already has this scheduling down to a science.
Kansas? :noidea:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would rather see Clemson play more games against teams like aTm, Georgia, and Notre Dame or more games against Duke, Pitt, and UNC?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would rather see Clemson play more games against teams like aTm, Georgia, and Notre Dame or more games against Duke, Pitt, and UNC?
You mean they can't do both?

@trojanfan12 please explain to the poster in the quote how USC manages to schedule a home & away with the likes of Texas, ND and still manage a 9 game conference schedule.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a visual representation

That is exactly the type attendance I was referring to.

If some PAC 12 fan bases ain't gonna show up to see their teams play good OOC teams and conference opponents, what in the world would make one think they'll show up to see some shitty FCS team? A chance to win? I doubt that is enough of an incentive.

Some fan bases will show up to see their favorite team ANYBODY, I haven't seen that type rabid fan bases from most of the PAC 12.... and many others as well.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@trojanfan12 please explain to the poster in the quote how USC manages to schedule a home & away with the likes of Texas, ND and still manage a 9 game conference schedule.
So because one team does it the entire country should? Your giant, gapping pussy Huskies doesn’t do that. They play no REAL P5 opponents and then double down with an FCS opponent. Why doesn’t the PAC12 stop being pussies and stop their teams from playing FCS teams? If the B1G can do it, why can’t the PAC12? Wait you are going to swing from USC’s nuts some more, I’m sure.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 14 teams in your conference. You don't play almost half of them every year.
giphy.gif

Yep, 42.8% is damn close to "almost half"....at least according to my West Texas arithmetic.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divisions are stupid. Kill them, 3 permanent rivals, two pools of 5 that rotate every year, mandatory 2 P5 opponents every year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said NEARLY half. You ACC sissies need to learn fractions.
They need to learn to read too! That or my West Texas edumacation ain't worth a shit because I could have sworn I read "You DON'T play almost half" instead of "You DO play almost half".

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Help me understand you here.

The Big 12 had no problems doing a 2 year rotation in conference, why would that affect their noncon? Personally, I didn't like it, but that was only because I wanted to play OU every year and keep the best rivalry in CFB going.

The SEC could do a 2 year rotation so that Bama could play UGA more than once a decade... it doesn't increase the number of conference games played, it only rotates the cross over games more frequently.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but I honestly don't get what you are trying to say.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, Notre Dame is scheduled every year and has been since the dawn of time. lol

Beyond that, you have to be flexible. We play Stanford in the 2nd game of the season every year. Would rather start the season with 2 non-conference games, but that could effect the Notre Dame game which isn't really negotiable.

You also have to be willing to travel (just lost much of the SEC lol) and do home and homes or neutral site games.

Typically, USC plays a non-conference game for the first game of the season, then Stanford, then another non-conference. Then we play Notre Dame in October or November depending on whether it's home or away.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because one team does it the entire country should? Your giant, gapping pussy Huskies doesn’t do that. They play no REAL P5 opponents and then double down with an FCS opponent. Why doesn’t the PAC12 stop being pussies and stop their teams from playing FCS teams? If the B1G can do it, why can’t the PAC12? Wait you are going to swing from USC’s nuts some more, I’m sure.
You want to compare how many P5 opponents MSU has played vs Washington in the past 30 years? Only a handful of teams have played more P5 opponents than Washington.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Help me understand you here.

The Big 12 had no problems doing a 2 year rotation in conference, why would that affect their noncon? Personally, I didn't like it, but that was only because I wanted to play OU every year and keep the best rivalry in CFB going.

The SEC could do a 2 year rotation so that Bama could play UGA more than once a decade... it doesn't increase the number of conference games played, it only rotates the cross over games more frequently.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but I honestly don't get what you are trying to say.
Wait, what drugs are you on? The Big12 has 10 teams. The SEC has 14. THere’s kind of a difference there.

No 14 team conference has a two year rotation.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said this:

We play eight ACC opponents every year. We can't play ourselves (although a split squad game would probably be more competitive than playing a Pac 12 team) so that leaves five teams we do not play. Since when did five become "almost half" of fourteen?
well half of 14 is 7 and 5 pretty much is almost 7. like if im buying something for $7 and I have 5 i consider that having almost enough to buy it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well half of 14 is 7 and 5 pretty much is almost 7. like if im buying something for $7 and I have 5 i consider that having almost enough to buy it.
So Oregon pretty much won 7 games last year.