• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Playoff Rankings TOP 6

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they want churn. I think it would be boring if they hit on all 4 right out of the gate and it never changed.
Most definitely. They want to stir shit up. The safe pick is to just go with the AP top 10, no one would be surprised, or care, but they can create some buzz and get weird with it, while still with some justification this way.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they want churn. I think it would be boring if they hit on all 4 right out of the gate and it never changed.

I wonder what would happen if LSU beats Alabama. Then Alabama and Texas A&M win the rest of the season. Bama would be in CCG, but would they be ranked above A&M? They beat A&M, but in this scenario, A&M beat the team that beat Bama all in November.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely. They want to stir shit up. The safe pick is to just go with the AP top 10, no one would be surprised, or care, but they can create some buzz and get weird with it, while still with some justification this way.

manufactured drama, it pays the bills! :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what would happen if LSU beats Alabama. Then Alabama and Texas A&M win the rest of the season. Bama would be in CCG, but would they be ranked above A&M? They beat A&M, but in this scenario, A&M beat the team that beat Bama all in November.

Bama would be ranked higher since they beat us and they are Bama.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History says approximately 2 of these 4 will not be in the final four. We shall see.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That year, the Committee was consistent. Now, that year looked different than this year, so consistency looks different. Now, you did bring up a good point on another post you quoted me about SOS balancing out. A&M has LSU still.

I'm just surprised they put A&M above Washington. That way, they stay consistent. But I also see why A&M is ranked above Washington.
I think that's the big thing, with a couple big games left, at some point the slightly improved SoS while still undefeated could tip the scales to the perceived SoS now with a loss.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but why would you put a one loss team ahead of an undefeated team? I'm talking about a one loss SEC team and a undefeated PAC 12 team.

I didn't say I would. I said I understand why they did. Right now, A&M has the SOS argument. I have Washington top 4 and A&M not in top 5 (which I probably should have).

I am saying if both teams win out, the Committee should have A&M due to consistency or they should have Washington #4 because if both win out, Washington will bump A&M, which will be inconsistent. And later on, DayMan brought up that the SOS will probably balance out as well.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW and A&M are actually in the same boat, neither team will play in their conference championship game.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW and A&M are actually in the same boat, neither team will play in their conference championship game.

Wazzou wins the North? That will make #4 interesting. And if Ohio State beats Michigan...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ac02f37134b7e4e55b1746198d519f16.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay if you want to look at it that way, but myself I look at the ranking as of today. Washington could have a chance to beat a ranked team when they play USC and Washington State. The Aggies could have a chance to beat a ranked team when they play LSU.
If you only look at today I believe Bama has only beaten one ranked team even though several were ranked at the time they played.

People can spin their wheels over this shit for days/weeks if they like. It's not necessary though.

UW is being punished in a mild way for having a bad OOC and facing a set of down Pac teams. It's a statement not an indictment. There is basically no chance they are left out if they run the table. Leaving them off the first list gets the discussion of SoS going and sends a message. Leaving an undefeated Pac team off the top 4 would create quite the chaos if the instead put in any other team with a loss that didn't even go to their conference championship. Now that seam team that didn't go to their CCG would be fine over a 1 loss conf champ if SoS was the reason.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the committee would have a lot more credibility regarding consistency if they had this ranking:

1.Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Texas A&M
4. Michigan
5. Washington
6. Ohio State

When you put Michigan's and Washington's schedules side by side, they look pretty similar to me. Slight edge to Michigan but both are behind A&Ms...at this point in time. Michigan has a good win or two more than Washington so they should be ahead. But neither one has that good of a resume at this point. Sparty, Stanford and Oregon not being up to par this year hurts those two teams.

Last edited:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly vomit rankings got peeps panties in a wad? Just guessing since it is page 13. These rankings are complete and utter garbage that this committee barfs out. They are pointless, useless, and drastically change due to wind course from week to week. Isn't even worth paying attention to until later. And even then we wouldn't pay attention to this poll at all if someone didn't give these people so much power. Garbage committee, garbage rankings, pointless until later.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you only look at today I believe Bama has only beaten one ranked team even though several were ranked at the time they played.

People can spin their wheels over this shit for days/weeks if they like. It's not necessary though.

UW is being punished in a mild way for having a bad OOC and facing a set of down Pac teams. It's a statement not an indictment. There is basically no chance they are left out if they run the table. Leaving them off the first list gets the discussion of SoS going and sends a message. Leaving an undefeated Pac team off the top 4 would create quite the chaos if the instead put in any other team with a loss that didn't even go to their conference championship. Now that seam team that didn't go to their CCG would be fine over a 1 loss conf champ if SoS was the reason.
Good commemt, but the bottom line is, Texas A&M won't have a stronger SOS, then the Huskies when the season is over. That is IF the Huskies win out.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldnt the Huskies play in the PAC 12 Championship game? Are you thinking that WSU will beat them?

Long Duk Dong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wouldn't be arguing about all this crap if the people in charge of college football had any common sense. We have five P5 conferences and only four playoff spots. Who are the geniuses who thought that one up? Every P5 conference champs should have a guaranteed spot in the playoff. They could add a few wild card teams as well if they like, and maybe include the best G5 team, but no way should a P5 conference champ ever be left out, even if they have two or three losses. The NFL has eight divisions. Can you imagine what would happen if they decided on a six team playoff? People would think they had lost their minds, but in college ball the head honchos actually think it sounds reasonable.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good commemt, but the bottom line is, Texas A&M won't have a stronger SOS, then the Huskies when the season is over. That is IF the Huskies win out.
Huh?

Utah
USC
Wa State

Greater than:

Alabama
Auburn
LSU

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

Utah
USC
Wa State

Greater than:

Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Read my comment again.I said "Texas A&M won't have a stronger SOS, then the Huskies when the season is over. That is IF the Huskies win out". If both Washington and Texas A&M win out, the Huskies would be undefeated and the Aggies would have one loss.