• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: College Football Game Thread:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Urban Meyer as a great coach, but there is no way OSU should make it to the NCG. Even with a win against MSU, that schedule has been a complete joke, and you shouldn't be rewarded for beating up on shitty teams.

I hope Auburn makes it, but even if they do, I just can't see them being a match for the Seminoles with a QB that can't really move the ball through the air; that FSU defense will completely expose Marshall.

No matter who makes it, this is now FSU title to lose.

Something to keep in mind for the National Title game though is that FSU might not have Winston at QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy Bama lost but hate that Ohio St will be in the NC game. They are an Avg team. Haven't played anyone this year and had trouble with Mich. This is why I can't wait for playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 24 in a row by playing nobody on your schedule. I give little credit because it is hard to do but come on play someone. They haven beat a Top 10 team in what 3 years. They will get smoked by FSU. 52-17

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind for the National Title game though is that FSU might not have Winston at QB.

Even if they didn't have Winston, I believe they can still ride their defense to NCG win.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy Bama lost but hate that Ohio St will be in the NC game. They are an Avg team. Haven't played anyone this year and had trouble with Mich. This is why I can't wait for playoffs.

I feel you, but don't be so quick to put OSU in the title game, because MSU will give them some big time problems. Ohio St. barely held off the Wolverines, and that MSU defense is no joke.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do USC fans think of Nelson Agholor? He scored a TD against my guy Henderson last week.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Auburn does jump OSU. Plz break out the tissue. Cuz the Buckeyes gonna be crying 4 days. I respect OSU, but they barely beat the shitty B 10 teams.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the entire world was in shock over that decision.

I don't want to call Saban an idiot, but goddamn that was an idiotic call. It made absolutely no sense to attempt such a difficult kick. Heave it into the endzone, or run a draw up the middle and go to OT. This dick basically calls a punt with a shitload of fat ass linemen as his coverage guys. :noidea:

Its inexplicable. Did you notice all those Alabama linemen just standing there watching the kick miss the mark? The return man was already 25 yards up the field before any of them started moving to try and tackle the guy. I don't think Saban even bothered to tell them that there could be a run back.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do USC fans think of Nelson Agholor? He scored a TD against my guy Henderson last week.

He seems to be really coming along but he has been invisable tonight against yewkla. So has Lee.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, SC's two best offensive linemen have been knocked out of the game against yewkla. Its gonna be tough from here on out.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its inexplicable. Did you notice all those Alabama linemen just standing there watching the kick miss the mark? The return man was already 25 yards up the field before any of them started moving to try and tackle the guy. I don't think Saban even bothered to tell them that there could be a run back.

Saban didn't bother to do a lot of things in that game; coaching being one of them. That 4th quarter was one of the worst coached quarters I've ever seen.

Saban made so many egregious errors that many other college coaches would be fired for. Even more so when those errors cost his team a shot at the title game, when they were the favorites to win it all. Not to mention, they also cost AJ McCarron any shot he had at winning the Heisman.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban didn't bother to do a lot of things in that game; coaching being one of them. That 4th quarter was one of the worst coached quarters I've ever seen.

Saban made so many egregious errors that many other college coaches would be fired for. Even more so when those errors cost his team a shot at the title game, when they were the favorites to win it all. Not to mention, they also cost AJ McCarron any shot he had at winning the Heisman.

I don't think any coach made a more brain dead call than Michigan's this weekend. You have a chance to tie the game late at home with OSU having 0 timeouts to do anything in the last 30 seconds and you go for 2 instead. I don't care what his seniors wanted him to do because at the end of the day he's the boss and it's his rear on the line. When you're at home you play for the tie. It doesn't matter if you can't stop their offense from scoring. They clearly were not doing a great job of stopping you either and 1 bad turnover could have meant the game in OT.

.... Just beyond stupid to go for the win. I would mark it up there pretty high as being one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen a football coach make. It was far worst than Saban going for the FG. That I could understand. It just happened to back fire on him in a really bad way.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wait is there another team in a big connfrence that has won 24 in a row? No? Keep hating on tOSU. Best line to go with Hyde and miller. Defense played bad yesterday but shit to win 24 in a row is hard. Bama had fits with miss st. And dont forget rivalry games have a whole different feel, and michigan doesnt lose at home under hoke. Ohh and for all the auburn talk about there run game, ohio states is better.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait is there another team in a big connfrence that has won 24 in a row? No? Keep hating on tOSU. Best line to go with Hyde and miller. Defense played bad yesterday but shit to win 24 in a row is hard. Bama had fits with miss st. And dont forget rivalry games have a whole different feel, and michigan doesnt lose at home under hoke. Ohh and for all the auburn talk about there run game, ohio states is better.

Problem for OSU is they have played one of the easiest schedules in college football. Their best win is over a 9-3 Wisconsin. A Wisconsin team that just did them no favors by losing to Penn St. If they beat Michigan St that will give them 2 wins over Top 25 teams and likely 1 win over a Top 10 as I expect Michigan St to be around #9 after this weekend.

While that would be great win for OSU to end their season with it pails in comparison to Auburn beating the #1 and probably #4 teams in the country in back to back weeks on top of playing a tougher schedule and beating more top 25 and top 10 teams. The Big 10 being so weak these last few years is just not doing OSU any favors. They really need a tougher out of conference schedule to make up for it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His excuse to ditch Alabama and take the Texas job?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any coach made a more brain dead call than Michigan's this weekend. You have a chance to tie the game late at home with OSU having 0 timeouts to do anything in the last 30 seconds and you go for 2 instead. I don't care what his seniors wanted him to do because at the end of the day he's the boss and it's his rear on the line. When you're at home you play for the tie. It doesn't matter if you can't stop their offense from scoring. They clearly were not doing a great job of stopping you either and 1 bad turnover could have meant the game in OT.

.... Just beyond stupid to go for the win. I would mark it up there pretty high as being one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen a football coach make. It was far worst than Saban going for the FG. That I could understand. It just happened to back fire on him in a really bad way.

He made the right call. A clearly inferior team somehow got in a position to win the game with one play and you gotta take that opportunity. I'd have done the same thing. If you asked anyone on the Michigan team before the game started, as big an underdog as they were, if they'd take having one play at the end to win it, to a man, they'd do it I bet.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made the right call. A clearly inferior team somehow got in a position to win the game with one play and you gotta take that opportunity. I'd have done the same thing. If you asked anyone on the Michigan team before the game started, as big an underdog as they were, if they'd take having one play at the end to win it, to a man, they'd do it I bet.

Not worth putting your entire game on the line on 1 play though. You go to OT where anything can happen. Ohio St turns the ball over and you're a FG away. Once the game goes to OT you're always a play away from a victory.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alex Smith to AJ Jenkins for a huge 3rd down conversion!!!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And now, a poor pass and near-drop on another crucial third down leaves us with 4th and 4 from about the 14.