• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: College Football Game Thread:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't happen to a more deserving individual (Saben).

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate the SEC, so I never thought I would be screaming like a fool at the end of this game!

That was just insane...

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban, wow... Just wow!

Why the hell would you attempt such a difficult kick? Most NFL kickers can't make that, much less a college kicker who struggled the entire game.

Saban has some explaining to do.

Well, FSU will now dominate whoever they play in the NCG.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saben, wow... Just wow!

Why the hell would you attempt such a difficult kick? Most NFL kickers can't make that, much less a college kicker who struggled the entire game.

It wasn't even the first string kicker. It was a Freshman who had attempted three FGs all year and the longest one he made was 20 yards. Saben is a fucking idiot. I love it.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saban, wow... Just wow!

I think he actually sat the struggling kicker in place of a freshman who has 3 kicks at the college level...

I hope he didn't ruin that kid perminately...

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saben, wow... Just wow!

How is from the 39 only a 57 yard FG? I thought you add on 19 yards, plus you're kicking it from the hashmark making it even more difficult.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely caught it inbounds.

I thought Saban was running a fake FG Hail Mary to the endzone

The call should've been a hail mary there; maybe not off a fake FG, but let AJ throw it into the endzone. No, Saban decides to basically punt the ball to Auburn without his top kick coverage unit being on the field.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is from the 39 only a 57 yard FG? I thought you add on 19 yards, plus you're kicking it from the hashmark making it even more difficult.

My understanding it is 17 yards added and they may have rounded up a bit. I could have been 56 3/4 yards round up to 57

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The call should've been a hail mary there; maybe not off a fake FG, but let AJ throw it into the endzone. No, Saban decides to basically punt the ball to Auburn without his top kick coverage unit being on the field.

Amari Cooper should have lobbied harder. I don't get how you have that great of a receiving corp and you don't want to try something to the endzone there with your offense.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari Cooper should have lobbied harder. I don't get how you have that great of a receiving corp and you don't want to try something to the endzone there with your offense.

He probably was in shock at the stupidity of his head coach.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tide gets rolled !

I am still laughing at Saban. I am so happy for Auburn in a great ending to the game.

:laugh3:

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably was in shock at the stupidity of his head coach.

I think the entire world was in shock over that decision.

I don't want to call Saban an idiot, but goddamn that was an idiotic call. It made absolutely no sense to attempt such a difficult kick. Heave it into the endzone, or run a draw up the middle and go to OT. This dick basically calls a punt with a shitload of fat ass linemen as his coverage guys. :noidea:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the entire world was in shock over that decision.

I don't want to call Saban an idiot, but goddamn that was an idiotic call. It made absolutely no sense to attempt such a difficult kick. Heave it into the endzone, or run a draw up the middle and go to OT. This dick basically calls a punt with a shitload of fat ass linemen as his coverage guys. :noidea:

On top of that they had one blocked earlier in the game. What gave him that confidence?

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that they had one blocked earlier in the game. What gave him that confidence?

Those national titles that he's won in the past. Seems like he figured he could do no wrong, and now it's cost him another title opportunity; hopefully, because I have a weird feeling that MSU will beat OSU, and Auburn will lose in the SEC title game, which will allow Bama to sneak back in.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those national titles that he's won in the past. Seems like he figured he could do no wrong, and now it's cost him another title opportunity; hopefully, because I have a weird feeling that MSU will beat OSU, and Auburn will lose in the SEC title game, which will allow Bama to sneak back in.

If Missouri beats Auburn and Ohio St loses then Missouri will play for the national title. I see no way Alabama gets back in it now outside of Texas A&M beating Missouri and South Carolina beating Auburn in the SEC Title game. Even then I think this loss came to late in the season for Alabama to get in as the 1 loss team.

The real story is will Auburn jump an undefeated Ohio St if both teams win out. I think they should giving the teams they have played and beat to end their season on 1 loss. That's far more impressive than what Ohio St has done to stay undefeated.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Missouri beats Auburn and Ohio St loses then Missouri will play for the national title. I see no way Alabama gets back in it now outside of Texas A&M beating Missouri and South Carolina beating Auburn in the SEC Title game. Even then I think this loss came to late in the season for Alabama to get in as the 1 loss team.

The real story is will Auburn jump an undefeated Ohio St if both teams win out. I think they should giving the teams they have played and beat to end their season on 1 loss. That's far more impressive than what Ohio St has done to stay undefeated.

I love Urban Meyer as a great coach, but there is no way OSU should make it to the NCG. Even with a win against MSU, that schedule has been a complete joke, and you shouldn't be rewarded for beating up on shitty teams.

I hope Auburn makes it, but even if they do, I just can't see them being a match for the Seminoles with a QB that can't really move the ball through the air; that FSU defense will completely expose Marshall.

No matter who makes it, this is now FSU title to lose.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much as I hate 'em, they are a well-coached, very good team. You don't win 24 in a row simply by getting lucky. WOuld have loved to see them lose today and wipe that smug look off of Urbie Meyer's face.

It's far easier for Ohio St to go 24-0 over 2 years with their talent and lack of ranked opponents on the schedule than it is for Auburn to beat the teams they did and end up with only 1 loss.