• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football 11/24/12

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, we're going to discuss the definition of athleticism. Bolt is the fastest man at 100m in the world. That's far different than "best athlete." How is his lateral movement? How is his power?

Lots of wr's don't have power, nor great lateral movement. This is the reason players seem to always get drafted based on their 40 time.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you aren't saying he's in the class of Miller, Peterson and Johnson, but he is in the class of Watt?

IIRC (Sick may be able to confirm), Watt had one of the fastest 3-cone times at the combine in 2011. He was quicker than a lot of CBs, WRs and RBs. By a lot, I mean most, possibly all.

There was a part in thread if you feel like reading back, I had said that maybe I put too much on it when I said his athletiism was better than Watt, I will stand by changeing to in the same ballpark, I could be wrong, but I'm standing byit until I see different.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lots of wr's don't have power, nor great lateral movement. This is the reason players seem to always get drafted based on their 40 time.

Not the point. You said Bolt was the best athlete in the world based strictly on his straight line speed over a defined distance.

Also, the idea of Bolt playing in the NFL has come up. The best reason I've seen for him not do it is the massive pay cut.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point. You said Bolt was the best athlete in the world based strictly on his straight line speed over a defined distance.

Also, the idea of Bolt playing in the NFL has come up. The best reason I've seen for him not do it is the massive pay cut.

I hear you. Regardless, I think Trent Murphy will open some eyes.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hear you. Regardless, I think Trent Murphy will open some eyes.

I'm not saying he won't, but playing for what is now a high profile team, on a great defense, and producing. . . combine that with numbers in the JJ Watt range and he's a first round pick.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he won't, but playing for what is now a high profile team, on a great defense, and producing. . . combine that with numbers in the JJ Watt range and he's a first round pick.

True, I heard Sick as he made the same point.