• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am well aware. I used to walk past one down off Pine St. in Dwtwn Manhattan. It was funny because around the corner you could get some authentic spanish lunch for half the price.

Chipotle doesn't pretend to be "Spanish" food. It's Tex-Mex, and not all that great. But it works in a pinch.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as a pizza snob from the NYC metropolitan area, I can respect it when I've been told the Northeast has no clue what they're doing when it comes to Mexican food. I've tried plenty of different Mexican restaurants that I consider very good that people from SoCal or Texas would likely find repulsive.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly does one get to an age over 50 without ever having been exposed to fast food restaurants?

In the past month I have witnessed three acts that I can't figure out. First, an older couple came into a place and sat down at a table. After a few minutes started to get agitated that no server had come by. Then, one of them realized that they order at the counter.

A week or so ago, a man was in McDonald's here asking what came on every sandwich. He asked what comes on a Big Mac (!) and then actually asked what was included in a combo.

Then just today, I was in KFC. I was waiting for my food and a nice older lady was ordering. She said she wanted two pieces of chicken and mashed potatoes. So far so good. The cashier asked "Do you want Original, Crispy or grilled?"

"Original Crispy".

Aliens. That's the only explanation. They just got here and took on the form of middle aged Americans because they believe that "greatest generation" horsehockey.

DID ANY OF THEM ASK FOR THE 1/3 POUNDER ??!!!

BtQaBaoCcAArcg-.png

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/27/magazine/why-do-americans-stink-at-math.html?_r=0#

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you equating Spanish food to Mexican food here? Because there's a very big difference.

I think 43 was making a statement about people in fast food restaurants in general (and the crazy things they ask) and mentioned one of his stops - Chipotle.

I rambled on about not "getting" the whole Chipotle infatuation with a rice ball with stuff inside of it; and made mention of cheaper more authentic spanish style eats nearby. No I dont compare spanish to mexican; nor would I.

My bad - thread hijack.

Carry on

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WB, Dash. How was your vacation?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 43 was making a statement about people in fast food restaurants in general (and the crazy things they ask) and mentioned one of his stops - Chipotle.

I rambled on about not "getting" the whole Chipotle infatuation with a rice ball with stuff inside of it; and made mention of cheaper more authentic spanish style eats nearby. No I dont compare spanish to mexican; nor would I.

My bad - thread hijack.

Carry on

No worries. I was pretty much agreeing with you saying it's Tex Mex not "real". When I eat Chipotle, I get Tacos and/or Quesedillas (yeah, they will make them).

When I want real mexican, there are plenty of options. When I want tacos quick and don't want Taco Bell dog food, I go to Chipotle.

And occasionally encounter aliens.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taco Bell Loaded Grillers aren't too bad, for fast food.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're on the subject, has anyone tried Taco Bell breakfast

and lived to tell the tale?

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're on the subject, has anyone tried Taco Bell breakfast

and lived to tell the tale?

Negative. So I cant opine here.

Although, what I have been in search of here in the States, are the fish taco's that you find down in Mexico. I have yet to find one here....MMMMMMM I have been jonesing for a good Fish Taco.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still on vacay, just popping in from time-to-time to post stories and updates. So far, Montreal has been fantastic (going to see Chevy Chase at the "Just for Laughs" Comedy festival tonight).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Dash, how is Canadiens fantasy camp going?

Did you get to walk the hall of relatively recent #1 draft picks and learn all about stars like Brad Brown, Terry Ryan, Matt Higgins, Jason Ward, Eric Chouinard, Alexander Buturlin, and David Fischer?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw an older woman driving a car in front of me in timmy hos drive thru with the stick figure family on the back windshield

but only a single woman stick figure ... not even any cats :ohwell:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a sad sight this morning. The car ahead of me just had one stick figure family member on it.

saw an older woman driving a car in front of me in timmy hos drive thru with the stick figure family on the back windshield

Know how to reach her? We can play matchmaker! We can find them a find, catch them a catch, night after night in the dark their alone, so we'll find them a match, of their own.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did it look like any other stick figures were scraped off recently?

If so, you may want to have the Mounties take a quick check of her trunk.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know how to reach her? We can play matchmaker! We can find them a find, catch them a catch, night after night in the dark their alone, so we'll find them a match, of their own.

was your sighting a gal too?

ooooh hawt elderly lesbo action :suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.