• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care who the President is, declining this and not affording the students a chance to visit the White House is silly. I thought the same when Trump was in office it is beyond stupid declining this.

Professional teams on the other hand I don't care if they go or not.
I'm OK with it...means nothing either way. Seemed stupid to even do this, to me to begin with....go to the white house as a sports champion.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This picture is Divine
irwsx4f500za1.png

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with it...means nothing either way. Seemed stupid to even do this, to me to begin with....go to the white house as a sports champion.
Oh I agree the whole thing is stupid but still the fact it gives them an opportunity to visit the White House as a college student. That is the only reason I am for this.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we shall see.

i mattola that.

that guy is something . what happens to his seat if he is convicted? the hardest part for the Prosecution is going to be to get his real name correct.. not sure anyone knows

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,837.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After reading the 20 pages - Either Santos has some dumb people advising him or he is as dumb as a bag of rocks (or both).

-Collected NY state unemployment for COVID layoff while employed. Affirming weekly of employment status as unemployed. W-2 and 1099 are filed with state and IRS. That's an easy slam-dunk to prove.
-Falsely claimed federal tax exempt status
-Fraudulent wire transfers

Based on the Grand Jury Charges - He is fucked. - that is only federal. I'm sure NYS will also do something.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After reading the 20 pages - Either Santos has some dumb people advising him or he is as dumb as a bag of rocks (or both).

-Collected NY state unemployment for COVID layoff while employed. Affirming weekly of employment status as unemployed. W-2 and 1099 are filed with state and IRS. That's an easy slam-dunk to prove.

Based on the Grand Jury Charges - He is fucked. - that is only federal. I'm sure NYS will also do something.

All Kevin McCarthy can do is deflect and deny when asked whether he still supports Trump and Santos. Should have got out in front of it Kevin when you had the chance, now you look weak and incredibly ineffective.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, sounds like a witch hunt to me.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mattola that.

that guy is something . what happens to his seat if he is convicted? the hardest part for the Prosecution is going to be to get his real name correct.. not sure anyone knows.

Sadly he doesn't lose his seat. The only way is if he resigns or gets voted out.

McCarthy can determine measures for removal but will need 2/3rds congressional vote to get him expelled. I see none of that happening to him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly he doesn't lose his seat. The only way is if he resigns or gets voted out.

McCarthy can determine measures for removal but will need 2/3rds congressional vote to get him expelled. I see none of that happening to him.
even if he goes to jail? holy fuck the political protection these people have is corrupt on both sides.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if he goes to jail? holy fuck the political protection these people have is corrupt on both sides.

Just a reminder that Al Franken resigned over a photo that was a bad look, but also by most accounts a joke photo.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that Al Franken resigned over a photo that was a bad look, but also by most accounts a joke photo.
proves that he's dumb

what seat did that go to? D or R?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
proves that he's dumb

what seat did that go to? D or R?
Had more to do with the Political parties. The Democrats wanted the optics of being better towards all and the Republicans just wanted him out.
So as democrat you have less chance of it being pushed under the rug as a republican.

Just remember the Republicans are the "moral majority" :L

And to the second part a Democrat did win the special election who was assigned the seat for Frankens remaining term.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Al would have been fine if that was all it was, but in the following days/weeks other women made accusations against him too.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.