• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now that twitter looks like it will die off. I want to get a few things off my chest about all you fuckers....

I don't think any of you really know anything about hock.....

"wait what? Sports Hoop has nothing to do with twitter?" "like nothing?, it's still going to exist?"

um............

I love this place

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it kind of self-defeating when the world held meetings via Zoom & Skype etc. for two years but the people who are "saving our planet" are still flying a bunch of airplanes to meet every month in some far off destination to discuss how to reduce emissions?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it kind of self-defeating when the world held meetings via Zoom & Skype etc. for two years but the people who are "saving our planet" are still flying a bunch of airplanes to meet every month in some far off destination to discuss how to reduce emissions?

It sure seems like it to me - Kind of like Dr. David Suzuki constantly reminding us to reduce our carbon footprint when he owns eight houses.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure seems like it to me - Kind of like Dr. David Suzuki constantly reminding us to reduce our carbon footprint when he owns eight houses.

Is that the wrestler who slapped the shit out of John Stossel? Lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most movements the environmental one was long ago taken over by people wanting to get rich off of it.

Climate change is a problem but it's also a business and business is fucking good right now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most movements the environmental one was long ago taken over by people wanting to get rich off of it.

Climate change is a problem but it's also a business and business is fucking good right now.
And much like pharmaceuticals, the money is in treatment not cure.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And much like pharmaceuticals, the money is in treatment not cure.
In the healthcare sector there is zero money in preventive care. Granted insurance companies love this because they make more while spending less.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can somebody help me out here, why would Merrick Garland have to appoint a special counsel to determine whether or not to indict Trump? Isn't that his job?

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can somebody help me out here, why would Merrick Garland have to appoint a special counsel to determine whether or not to indict Trump? Isn't that his job?

Basically - to avoid potential conflicts of interest or to facilitate subject matter area expertise.

There you go:

or something like that..

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campaign Biden:

President Biden:

Same as it ever was, then.
Kinda clickbaitey, his position as a foreign leader makes him "untouchable" in US courts - especially in civil actions l- ike every other foreign leader. The US would no sooner grab and prosecute a sitting UK PM than they would this piece of shit because doing so amounts to war. Same with other foreign "diplomats" who run over people in traffic and get away with it.

This isn't them saying he's above the law, it's saying he is out of jurisdiction to US courts. Likewise if he somehow was called into international court, the US would probably stay out of that.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I imagine it will be interesting to see who/how the special counsel is selected.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda clickbaitey, his position as a foreign leader makes him "untouchable" in US courts - especially in civil actions l- ike every other foreign leader. The US would no sooner grab and prosecute a sitting UK PM than they would this piece of shit because doing so amounts to war. Same with other foreign "diplomats" who run over people in traffic and get away with it.

This isn't them saying he's above the law, it's saying he is out of jurisdiction to US courts. Likewise if he somehow was called into international court, the US would probably stay out of that.
If it's going to be left up to a judge - as is still the case - and the judge will likely rule in this direction anyway why say anything?

My guess is because along with him fist-bumping MBS and doing everything he can to cool things off this was another requirement by MBS and his people to lay off the Biden Admin. and work toward increasing oil supply. Which, again, flies directly against what Biden said during the campaign.

It's a power move by MBS and Biden complied. Like DDDD said, not that it's surprising but he should have to eat some shit over it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine it will be interesting to see who/how the special counsel is selected.
c4bdd803-b7e0-46af-8c1b-03c1b60d5930-AP_Clinton_Emails_Inspector_General.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.