• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Biggs that isn’t the comeback you think it is. :L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Type of person that ruins the self checkouts for the rest of us.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good. Self checkouts are bullshit. I'm doing work and not getting a discount...fuck that.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Self checkouts are bullshit. I'm doing work and not getting a discount...fuck that.
Depends. I like them for convenience but if you have a grocery cart full of items, no way, especially how they normally design the self-checkout kiosks as they are not conducive for storing many items while still checking out prior to bagging.

If you ever have to wait in line for a self-checkout then the retail establishment, then shame on them as they are not willing to discount and pay for folks to check you out.

Also the other part of this is, it is hard to find folks who want to do that job: get paid min wage, have to directly interact with all the Karen's of the world, need to deal with the excessive coupon'ers and have to touch everything that is checked out not knowing who all touched it prior.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me inputting the code for bananas when I buy avocados is my revenge for them taking away plastic bags and charging me for either paper bags or those shitty reusables that are made in a massive polluting Chinese sweatshop anyway and shipped across the pacific on a diesel freighter.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My local grocery store usually has 1 or 2 lanes open with checkout people and about 15 people standing around pointing you to open self check out lanes.
Added bonus fun: my county just banned plastic bags so when you self check out and bring your own, like the store suggests, every time you put a reusable bag down the computer yells about an unscanned item.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My local grocery store usually has 1 or 2 lanes open with checkout people and about 15 people standing around pointing you to open self check out lanes.
Added bonus fun: my county just banned plastic bags so when you self check out and bring your own, like the store suggests, every time you put a reusable bag down the computer yells about an unscanned item.
I can't stand Krogers self-checkout. They have the bagging area and if you remove a bag filled with groceries, to make more room, that were already scanned prior to paying, the kiosk will yell and make you put the bag back before you can proceed.

All Sprouts in the US are making you pay for the plastic bags, which is fine, since they are making them reusable. Also, they don't have self-checkouts.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Krogers self-checkout. They have the bagging area and if you remove a bag filled with groceries, to make more room, that were already scanned prior to paying, the kiosk will yell and make you put the bag back before you can proceed.

All Sprouts in the US are making you pay for the plastic bags, which is fine, since they are making them reusable. Also, they don't have self-checkouts.
My store used to have the issue when you removed a scanned bag of groceries. Luckily they fixed that.

I like the no plastic bag rule, I just wished the check out worked better. And that I could remember my bags.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My store used to have the issue when you removed a scanned bag of groceries. Luckily they fixed that.

I like the no plastic bag rule, I just wished the check out worked better. And that I could remember my bags.
I started leaving mine in the trunk for that reason, if not they would just sit at the house. I do have nice collection of reusable bags due to how often I forgot in the past.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. I like them for convenience but if you have a grocery cart full of items, no way, especially how they normally design the self-checkout kiosks as they are not conducive for storing many items while still checking out prior to bagging.

If you ever have to wait in line for a self-checkout then the retail establishment, then shame on them as they are not willing to discount and pay for folks to check you out.

Also the other part of this is, it is hard to find folks who want to do that job: get paid min wage, have to directly interact with all the Karen's of the world, need to deal with the excessive coupon'ers and have to touch everything that is checked out not knowing who all touched it prior.
I go to Aldi for most things and another grocery store for things Aldi doesn't have or brand name things that are better than Aldi's generic one. Aldi is ALWAYS faster to go through a staffed lane, and not self checkout.

The grocery store I shop at has scan as you go. Using their app, you scan the barcode of every item with your phone and you bag it in your cart. When ready to checkout you go to a different terminal and someone there spot checks like 5 items to make sure you aren't scamming and you pay and leave. I love when all the lines are super long and I go up and am out the door in five minutes. Those terminals are only for the scan and go, so I don't have to wait while some doofus tries to scan his grapes by wiping them on the screen at self checkout.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started leaving mine in the trunk for that reason, if not they would just sit at the house. I do have nice collection of reusable bags due to how often I forgot in the past.
My wife does that and suggested I do that too. If I did it would be admitting she was right, so I am not there yet.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to Aldi for most things and another grocery store for things Aldi doesn't have or brand name things that are better than Aldi's generic one. Aldi is ALWAYS faster to go through a staffed lane, and not self checkout.

The grocery store I shop at has scan as you go. Using their app, you scan the barcode of every item with your phone and you bag it in your cart. When ready to checkout you go to a different terminal and someone there spot checks like 5 items to make sure you aren't scamming and you pay and leave. I love when all the lines are super long and I go up and am out the door in five minutes. Those terminals are only for the scan and go, so I don't have to wait while some doofus tries to scan his grapes by wiping them on the screen at self checkout.
I use the scan and go app at Sam’s Club, makes it so much easier.

Aldi has it all down pat from the checkout, handling of carts and keeping prices low. Granted there are certain items you shouldn’t purchase there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand about Sam’s Club:

Yeah I would rather wait those few seconds for the person to verify vs an AI system saying I didn’t pay for something to now have to wait for an actual human to verify anyway.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife does that and suggested I do that too. If I did it would be admitting she was right, so I am not there yet.
lol… I accepted that fate and hence why they are in the car.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it actually feels longer than 20 years.

I still remember when he choked the shit outta that protestor lol
that guy had every right to protest ... and Jean had every right to choke the shit out of him :pound:

/
an all timer below with a young chapeau-less Nardwuar