• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I think we're at the point where Junior is in a no-win situation - I mean, he has condemned antisemitic actions in Canada earlier this month, but it's never going to be to everyone's satisfaction. On the other hand, any kind of statement that he makes that is interpreted as supporting Palestine gets people riled up as well.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I think we're at the point where Junior is in a no-win situation - I mean, he has condemned antisemitic actions in Canada earlier this month, but it's never going to be to everyone's satisfaction. On the other hand, any kind of statement that he makes that is interpreted as supporting Palestine gets people riled up as well.
He tows the right line on Palestine ie: two state solution. The problem is he doesn’t seem eager to condemn the consistent “River to the sea” chants at these protests and continues injecting a stance against Islamophobia in these statements when there, to the best of my knowledge, hasn’t been any instances of attacks against Muslims since the current conflict started.

He can’t seem to just call out the massive increase in attacks against Jewish institutions (including yet another one last night in Montreal) without somehow equivocating that Muslims are at risk as well which just hasn’t been the case whatsoever.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tows the right line on Palestine ie: two state solution. The problem is he doesn’t seem eager to condemn the consistent “River to the sea” chants at these protests and continues injecting a stance against Islamophobia in these statements when there, to the best of my knowledge, hasn’t been any instances of attacks against Muslims since the current conflict started.

He can’t seem to just call out the massive increase in attacks against Jewish institutions (including yet another one last night in Montreal) without somehow equivocating that Muslims are at risk as well which just hasn’t been the case whatsoever.

Yeah, I agree with the bolded part above BBB, he does need to take a stronger stance on these on-going attacks against Jewish synagogues etc.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with the bolded part above BBB, he does need to take a stronger stance on these on-going attacks against Jewish synagogues etc.
It’s domestic terrorism. He needs to start calling it for what it is and act accordingly.

If he could get heavy handed for the “convoy” nutjobs I don’t get why there’s such hesitancy to do so this go around.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

i just want the innocent to stop being used, killed, hurt, and politicized .. what a fucking mess this is

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we are on the verge of WW3
Even in making light of this with the big dick pick on Russian TV but Finland is essentially making it hard (no pun intended) to get in and out of Russia.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xhitter is having some issues right now with basic image deployment on their site :D

1701123286090.png

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in making light of this with the big dick pick on Russian TV but Finland is essentially making it hard (no pun intended) to get in and out of Russia.

They'd be marching thru Estonia.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like anyone is shocked that this happens.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like anyone is shocked that this happens.
In this instance it’s probably just some wealthy Jewish guy who wants the representative from Hamas out of congress, no?

But yeah, this is what “let’s primary the motherfucker” actually means, and regardless of reason for doing so once they get there they’re serving someone besides you.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stories like this are becoming more common and making it less likely our system survives what’s been done to it in the past 10+ years.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stories like this are becoming more common and making it less likely our system survives what’s been done to it in the past 10+ years.

There were stories being run in the local news a couple of months ago that folks here in BC were travelling down to Bellingham, Washington for cancer screening tests because none were available for them at home. That's just not right.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were stories being run in the local news a couple of months ago that folks here in BC were travelling down to Bellingham, Washington for cancer screening tests because none were available for them at home. That's just not right.
The gov't is actually paying for those ones because of the backlog IIRC.

Can't be increasing population like this when we don't have adequate services as it is. There's plenty of mismanagement by the provinces to point at but there becomes a breaking point where you can build all the hospitals you want, you simply don't have enough medical professionals to service everyone.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gov't is actually paying for those ones because of the backlog IIRC.

Can't be increasing population like this when we don't have adequate services as it is. There's plenty of mismanagement by the provinces to point at but there becomes a breaking point where you can build all the hospitals you want, you simply don't have enough medical professionals to service everyone.

The bolded is the real issue. I'm lucky where I'm currently at on the island that we have a family doctor and they are building a new hospital in the area to replace the old one, but there are many areas on the island where clinics are either being closed or running on reduced hours simply because they don't have the staff. Not to mention there are many people on the island who don't even have a family doctor.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded is the real issue. I'm lucky where I'm currently at on the island that we have a family doctor and they are building a new hospital in the area to replace the old one, but there are many areas on the island where clinics are either being closed or running on reduced hours simply because they don't have the staff. Not to mention there are many people on the island who don't even have a family doctor.
There's next to no incentive for an MD to be a family physician in this system. They've tweaked it but it still isn't enough.

There's also not nearly enough med school spots, there's still too many spots taken by foreign students and there's no penalty for students who complete med school and go to the US. If we're subsidizing post-secondary education for vital positions the expectation is that they don't immediately bolt for greener pastures.

And again, we are failing our institutions by allowing an insane amount of immigration and frankly none of the three major parties look like they have any intention of slowing down the cheap labour train for their corporate overlords so I don't see how any of this changes.